Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:05   #106
BHPian

I own the older 90 bhp engine. The new engine is much torquier than mine. In offroad situations, the new DI engine does bette
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:39   #107

Samurai,

Did you tried the Gurkha in 100 km/hr. Hows the power and handling of the vehicle. Hows the performance with AC on..
Old 3rd January 2008, 07:25   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmodel View Post
Did you tried the Gurkha in 100 km/hr. Hows the power and handling of the vehicle. Hows the performance with AC on..
Check this :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It is very composed on the highway, no body roll was noticed by us in the turns. But the steering felt so disconnected, I didn't push any further than 70kmph on this twisting Udupi-Karkala highway.
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:44   #109
BHPian

Time for Force motors to work on this model and give a good competition to Mahindras. Force motors please wakeup and use this opportunity. People in my native place Coorg go for Mahindras since there are no better alternatives. Considering the driving conditions and with my previos experience of owning Tempo trax for almost a year and with ownership experience of Mahindra CJB which we have currently, I sincerely feel Force products stand nowhere compared to Mahindra jeeps, in terms of ruggedness, since we consider this to be important while using the vehicle in no road situations.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:56   #110
BHPian

hey guys,

i went to the force motors showroom in jhandewalan ext.,new delhi, a
week back and it was a big disappointment, to say the least. then i
found this thread yesterday, and it seems now that there is some light
at the end of this tunnel.. i just hope its not a oncoming train

has an anyone from delhi placed an order for the gurkha yet?
is it easier to get the 2650 fti, 4X4 and the differential locks with
the 4door version or is it the same gory story of endless waiting?

@samurai
how do you engage the differential locks in the gurkha? is it possible
to selectively lock either differential? i read somewhere that they are
hydraulically actuated with manual selection. some photos of the
mechanism with a engine bay shot will be very very welcome??

cheers
vaibhav
Old 18th February 2008, 15:12   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzuk View Post
is it easier to get the 2650 fti, 4X4 and the differential locks with the 4door version or is it the same gory story of endless waiting?
Long wait is the name of the game. It is like how Rishis did penance in the mythical age to please the gods. First the Apsaras (Ramba, Menaka, Urvashi, etc) in the form of dealers try to distract you from the path and entice you to cancel your booking. If you remain true to your Gurkha goal (like my cousin did), eventually you will get your own Gurkha.

Quote:
how do you engage the differential locks in the gurkha? is it possible
to selectively lock either differential? i read somewhere that they are
hydraulically actuated with manual selection. some photos of the
mechanism with a engine bay shot will be very very welcome??
There are two knobs on the floor next to the gear shift, one for each lock, which you can select independently. Unfortunately I didn't photograph the diff lock knobs, I had the vehicle for only for an hour with me. Now it is at Bangalore, out of my immediate reach.
Old 18th February 2008, 16:30   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Long wait is the name of the game. It is like how Rishis did penance in the mythical age to please the gods. First the Apsaras (Ramba, Menaka, Urvashi, etc) in the form of dealers try to distract you from the path and entice you to cancel your booking.
well said samurai.. i just got confirmation from the dealer that the ex. showroom price is 7.21 lakhs and a wait for 5 (or more!!) months to get the keys..
im no saint and patience is not my strongest virtue, so i guess i'll soldier on
with my trusty gypsy and maybe spend some hard earned cash on some
yummy ARB air lockers change the status of my gypsy from very capable
to unstoppable
cheers
vaibhav
Old 18th February 2008, 17:44   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Long wait is the name of the game. It is like how Rishis did penance in the mythical age to please the gods. First the Apsaras (Ramba, Menaka, Urvashi, etc) in the form of dealers try to distract you from the path and entice you to cancel your booking. ...

You have put it very beautifully , Samurai.
Old 18th February 2008, 20:11   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
Time for Force motors to work on this model and give a good competition to Mahindras. Force motors please wakeup and use this opportunity. People in my native place Coorg go for Mahindras since there are no better alternatives. Considering the driving conditions and with my previos experience of owning Tempo trax for almost a year and with ownership experience of Mahindra CJB which we have currently, I sincerely feel Force products stand nowhere compared to Mahindra jeeps, in terms of ruggedness, since we consider this to be important while using the vehicle in no road situations.
They will never be able to do that the Firodias are not enough business minded or I would say they arent fit for the auto industry...I have a Kinetic Motorcycle trust me the fate I had with it I would never suggest anyone to get hold of a Firodia product....their companies work like Govt bodies without any competitive spirit and absolute lack of accountability...and they are world famous in India(pun intended) for their bad bad After Sales Service(***)... They will never be able to do a Mahindra...not even in their dreams...they are good at tying up with nice brands and then go on to launching(very poorly executed though) nice stuff in the market which is too attractive to let go and then completely forget about them...

Last edited by sabret00the : 18th February 2008 at 20:13.
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

[quote=gotzuk;726796]spend some hard earned cash on some
yummy ARB air lockers change the status of my gypsy from very capable to unstoppable.

Well said Vaibhav, do those changes to your Gypsy and feel happy.

Paying so much money for a crap interior and vehicle which is only good for 4x4 drive than anything else is a real waste of your hard earn money.

for a 4x4 Gurkha is Ok and paying such a money makes u feel bad
Old 5th March 2008, 00:30   #116

Guys

Gurkha is Gurkha.... no current Indian vehicle can match it for the price vs capability. Firodias are charging for the internal components, which is rugged and solid. Others are charging for the cheap plastic and polish....cheers:
oldmodel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2008, 12:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmodel View Post
Guys

Gurkha is Gurkha.... no current Indian vehicle can match it for the price vs capability. Firodias are charging for the internal components, which is rugged and solid. Others are charging for the cheap plastic and polish....cheers:
you are right that firodias are charging for the internal components, they've got a good thing going under the hood.. but a lot of potential owners
have been turned away due to the unearthly marketing policies..
and well, firodias also charge you for [a lot of] cheap plastic and polish.. dont they??

we have such a big forum here.. can anything be done with the collective voice to wake up the firodias from their slumber???
Old 5th March 2008, 15:32   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we have such a big forum here.. can anything be done with the collective voice to wake up the firodias from their slumber???
You're talking about a group that sold the Matador for decades without any changes. That sold the Luna with sticker changes for decades too.

Would've sold the Kinetic Honda for decades too, if Honda hadnt come in on its own.

Do you seriously expect them to change because we created a thread here?
Old 5th March 2008, 15:52   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This forum may have better luck brining dinosaur fossils to life than breathe life into Force Motors !!
Old 5th March 2008, 17:36   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This forum may have better luck brining dinosaur fossils to life than breathe life into Force Motors !!
i guess you guys are right about it...
i should stop living in utopian dreams.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks