Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 22:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
@dinar, just... wider rims and HID lights
@susan, I am dreaming a trip Italy/India with Tata pickup...

Ciao Ciaocheers:

good luck for your drive buddy from Italy - India and what are your root plans

Last edited by gowda79 : 15th March 2008 at 22:20.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
@dinar, just... wider rims and HID lights
@susan, I am dreaming a trip Italy/India with Tata pickup...

Ciao Ciaocheers:
I would love to join you on such an adventure! And believe me; this vehicle is capable of doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata off road vehicles-dscn0398.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd March 2008 at 23:25.
Old 16th March 2008, 12:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Ignazio.... hope you can do your trip soon.... the pick up should be able to handle the trip....
@susan3004 the pick , in the photo is with a different engine and diff, it's got the 407 engine and diff, was designed and built to last at least 200,000 km before rebuild and the army vehicles have special parts on them which are not given to civilian vehicles[ for cost saving], the TL comes with the 2L engine out of the sumo/safari..... the suspensions is tuned for comfort, etc
Old 18th March 2008, 23:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
@Ignazio.... hope you can do your trip soon.... the pick up should be able to handle the trip....
@susan3004 the pick , in the photo is with a different engine and diff, it's got the 407 engine and diff, was designed and built to last at least 200,000 km before rebuild and the army vehicles have special parts on them which are not given to civilian vehicles[ for cost saving], the TL comes with the 2L engine out of the sumo/safari..... the suspensions is tuned for comfort, etc
Incidentally, this veh has no special fittings done for the army! Infact, if you look at the tyres, they are also stock.
That is reason I had mentioned that it is a little difficult to handle on slush and inclines.

In India we are not using these vehicles for military purposes. It is only in the mission area that these vehicles were introduced. Actually, army had bid for 4x4 model, but it did not get approved at ministrial level(I will this point till here.)

We did have our share of problems with this vehicle!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata off road vehicles-picture-117.jpg  

Old 19th March 2008, 11:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ok , I thought that like all other vehicles this one will have some thing good on it which the civilian model does not have,seriously how did this end up with the army with even 4X4 box????? But the way here in Goa these trucks are used by the Navy and have seen couple in Army green while traveling from Belgaum to Goa , they use it on regular bases
Old 19th March 2008, 20:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Ok , I thought that like all other vehicles this one will have some thing good on it which the civilian model does not have,seriously how did this end up with the army with even 4X4 box????? But the way here in Goa these trucks are used by the Navy and have seen couple in Army green while traveling from Belgaum to Goa , they use it on regular bases
Those vehicles are given in lieue of other vehicle being in short supply. If you notice, they are typically in peace time establishments and they donot have to do any off road duty.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes ...I noticed that.
Old 20th March 2008, 12:03   #38

Telcolines in India

I am from India and I have a brand new a Telcoline 4x4 Euro III 2008 Model. It has done just 1000kms so far and I got it 3 weeks back. I have just started tweaking it, and the initial act was a change to better rubber from its awkward 205/80/R16 Goodyear Wrangler D-Sport van tires; now the rubber is Michelin LTX A/T 265/70/R15 on 0 offset League LG201s(15” X 7.5J). I also have UV Blocking Lummar diamond PP70 and PP60 sun-control films all round the glass area including the windshield.

I have slightly altered the color scheme of the vehicle by painting the front bumper, sides and the cheap plastic side claddings in matt-finish Dupont metallic dark chocolate color (Attaching some quick pics, I just taken). Now the major steps left in the build are, a Ramsey 12000lbs Winch in the front, a heavy duty tow hook in the back, fabrication of a functional roll-bar integrated with a spare-wheel mount (on the LHS), a functional front brush guard, and some flood lights(may be Hella) . I am also thinking of Air Lockers, and some tweak on the Turbo etc. I am not thinking of a body lift yet as this vehicle is predominantly intended for touring in Himalayan ranges, so I have to constantly drive long distances on tarmac than offroad. So lower the CG the better!

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd March 2008 at 23:26. Reason: Formatting removed.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

hey Ronnie, nice to hear about the mods, you should upload pics, Get a K&N conical 9inch for the truck, it give instant 6 bhp or so increase. My friend's Sumo victa had it and there was a noticeable difference.
Old 20th March 2008, 22:10   #40
BHPian

Nice mods Ronnie!
Have you seen pictures of my TL?
We have same ideas!
Ciao ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Old 22nd March 2008, 13:08   #41

AIR LOCKERS for TL4x4

Ignazio,
Does ARB make Airlockers for Dana-Spicer on TLs? DO you have any idea about their costs as well? Your answers will be appreciated!
Old 22nd March 2008, 23:47   #42
BHPian

Tata TL diff lock

Hi Ronnie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Ignazio,
Does ARB make Airlockers for Dana-Spicer on TLs? DO you have any idea about their costs as well? Your answers will be appreciated!
Yes they do! It is the model that also is fitted in various Jeep and American vehicles fitted with Dana 44.
I personally prefer the ECTED, is working as 40% LSD if not engaged, when you apply 12V, the clutch stick and become 100% locked, hope to fit one before the summer...
About prices, in Italy ARB with compressor is around €900-1000 and ECTED around €700 .
In USA it is cheaper, around $700 for ECTED and around $800 for ARB compressor excluded.
Looking forward pics of your TL!
Ciao Ciao
cheers:

Ignazio
Old 24th March 2008, 23:17   #43

hi Ignazio,
Ijust heard something on a tata pickup SLIGHTLY modified hihiihi .A pickup body fitted on a landrover chases and a big engine with wider mudguards and higher clearance. Confirmed by three people and i am looking around for a couple of pics ,i will post them once i get them.How's that for a mod.
Old 25th March 2008, 01:15   #44
BHPian

Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
hi Ignazio,
Ijust heard something on a tata pickup SLIGHTLY modified hihiihi .A pickup body fitted on a landrover chases and a big engine with wider mudguards and higher clearance. Confirmed by three people and i am looking around for a couple of pics ,i will post them once i get them.How's that for a mod.
really looking forward to see pictures!!! I'll be happy having mine fitted with 2.2 dicor...

Ciao ciao!

Ignazio
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:21   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
hi Ignazio,
Hey Taj-CCAfrica is using Tata 4X4 Vehicles for their resorts at Pench,Kanha and Bandhavgarh national parks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks