Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Old 18th March 2008, 14:13   #16

Still one of the best VFM off-roader....I wish to own one day..

Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Why are they giving it a few new colours & a new name & thinking that it will work when it already hasn't??

Plus, it looks pig ugly to boot with the weird two-tone paint job. Always makes me think it's a cut & shut job of two separate cars!!
Old 18th March 2008, 14:34   #17

In the mid 90's a green pajero in kerala meant u were either mammootty or mohan lal!! The pajero was an icon of the urban yuppie. But when compared to the earlier import pieces, the indian one looks distinctly downmarket! Dunno why. Here, the 90's pajero in twin tone green and white is still in demand, and commands more respect than the HM model. When mitsubishi has made so many good colour and model combos, why does HM have to repeteadly screw up like this??
Old 18th March 2008, 15:24   #18

That two-tone paint job is a complete disaster. Never liked it the first time i saw it, and it still doesnt.

That aside, a very competent off-roader it is.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:32   #19

Dealers here actually convert the 2 tone to a single colour free of cost. Even the dealer says that no one likes the 2 tone but HM still makes it thinking it makes the ageing Pajero look fresh.

Never the less a very capable off roader.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:37   #20

Automobile Botox personified.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:52   #21

It looks exactly like it did before. Who are they targetting with this vehicle? Off-roaders don't care about face-lifts, they care more about functionality.
Id say a Pajero buyer would want more from his Pajero than just offroad capabilities.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:18   #22

Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Id say a Pajero buyer would want more from his Pajero than just offroad capabilities.
Offroad capabilities are the only thing it has, discount that, there is nothing. Dull interiors, outdated styling, HM A.S.S, etc., don't help.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:22   #23

It does have a decent engine, and a balanced ride + handling combination. The robust build can take all the abuse you throw at it.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:27   #24

It does have a decent engine, and a balanced ride + handling combination. The robust build can take all the abuse you throw at it.
Plus a pretty decent imagine and even after all these years still considered somewhat a status symbol.
Old 18th March 2008, 17:00   #25

Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Plus, it looks pig ugly to boot with the weird two-tone paint job. Always makes me think it's a cut & shut job of two separate cars!!
I love the Pajero. But I am pissed of that HM would make this half baked two tone color as the standard. If people want it as an option they should be allowed to buy it. The good news however is that it can be special ordered in a single color if you can wait two months.

The SFX is the latest version of the older generation pajero's that used to be sold in the west before the new pajero(montero) was launched in the west/abroad. For pajero enthusiasts you will see the the difference in front and rear fenders.

I agree with some posters that pajero a model that is over 15 years old is far superior in about every aspect to the Ford Endy except for the CRD engine in the new Endy's. If HM could throw a CRDi mill into this puppy, it would be awsome.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th March 2008 at 00:49. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 18th March 2008, 17:53   #26

overpriced

Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
What rubbish.... Pajero should be stopped now.
His username sums it up nicely. Just chaos, no reasons given.

Pajero has great off-road specs and behavior. But, if you compare it to the Gurkha, Safari and Scorpio it is over priced by a big wad of rupees. I would buy it for 15 but not for 20. For 15 I would take it over a Grand Vitara, unless it was Samurai's aluminized GV of course. The 2 tone makes a bold status statement that I would rather not make. I like understatement. And, when I think of off-road, I think of breaking down on the Manali-Leh road or even worse places. Where are you going to get spare parts for this thing, I wonder? Better off with a 5 lakh Gypsy for spares I think.
Old 18th March 2008, 19:07   #27

This is a classic example of flogging a dead horse. I too know that Pajero was THE SUV about a decade back. The world has moved on. HM should realise this. If they had priced it in the range of 12 lac (OTR) or there abouts, then it would have worked well targetting Safari / Innova top end model customers. But, HM is asking 2008 money on a 1990 product. It does not make sense to buy it now and the sales figures reflect them.

-Harshavardhan
Old 18th March 2008, 19:14   #28

@jayd - you took the words right out of my mouth, the early imports that i have seen look so much better specially two tone metallic blue and silver. But I think the price was +30L at that time (late 90s).

Now with the sfx i think HM is goin the ford way by introducing another variant to try and give the car a longer retail life.
Old 18th March 2008, 19:25   #29

Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Still one of the best VFM off-roader....I wish to own one day..
Make that + 1. The best in businnes IMO at that pricre bracket.

I see quite a few new ones in Bangalore now ( after the price rationalisation sometimes back )
Old 18th March 2008, 19:43   #30

Well instead of wasting time on a ten year old model, mitsu better replace it with a newer one. Granted that its probably the best offroader of the bunch at 20lacs but still it doesn't deserve a lifespan of over ten years. Its just way way too dated now. Adding a new coat of paint on top of an age old body makes no sense to me. 20 lacs for it is just way way too much. What mitsu could have done is brought in the montero as a CKD and replaced this with the new montero. If it wants, it can easily do so. But no its run by numbskulls with no brains.