Old 19th March 2008, 22:00   #61
BHPian

hey sandeep,
the mahindra is right at home there..
brilliant pics..
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Yes, That is DRC.
with that MONUC plate, it would be hard to be anywhere else!!
cheers
Old 20th March 2008, 12:34   #62
Team-BHP Support

Went and checked out the car today. Quite a few changes albeit cosmetic. The SFX version is more rounder in shape and looks much better when standing next to the older one. The wheel arches are flared and swept back giving a more butch look from teh front and side profile. The alloys are all new and look much better. The beige interiors make the interiors look more airy and bright. Nice. The headlamps have more chrome. The side indicators and parking lamps are now clear and white with no amber for the turn indicators.

Does make the SUV look more fresh especially the flared arches lending a muscular look.
Old 20th March 2008, 12:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

Vidyut, any idea how much of an increase in on-road prices?
Old 20th March 2008, 13:00   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The wheel arches are flared and swept back giving a more butch look from teh front and side profile.
Aha, didnt notice that! It must look better in person then, as the previous variant was the basic body style. The new Pajero ought to look more muscular.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:07   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I shall find out and let you know by evening. Will be going there to pick up my car.

@GTO, yes it does look much more muscular and fresh. Nice mean rugged look with the new larger tyres and alloys.
Old 20th March 2008, 22:24   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
There is absolutely no increase in on road price for the new Pajero SFX. It replaces the old GLX model and is priced the same.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:40   #67
Team-BHP Support

One of the true classic off roaders, i would term it. I for one love the shape, as Viddie said yes the flared wheel arches and new indicator combo from front looks better. I think the head lamp also has got a minor face lift?

This is one capable machine which i had tasted in mid 90's, rides the rough as well as the smooth equally well. The 2800cc turbo intercooled engine was a gem of an equipment. Have taken it dune bashing (no not in dubai lol) as well as real mountain climbing and the vehicle had amazing composure.

FE was also pretty decent at 10+ kmpl. Could do wheel spins in 1st and 2nd gears (yeah all 4 wheels). AC was terrific, ride pretty decent, very good 0-100-0 timings (back then), and seating pretty good. I think the last line would answer why it was the chosen car for famed ones. Oh sorry forgot the sun roof, incline/alti meter were to keep the kids involved and quite.

If this one is priced at 12 to 15 lakh it will be spot on and will SELL even for the next 2-3 years!! 18 is the best i would give, ie if i could afford it

and i think why they looked better back then was due to the fender claddings they came with. Nice two tone job for lower half and fender claddings. and i would never term it as a premium SUV, this is a SUV or is it ATV?

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th March 2008 at 23:46. Reason: just in the mood :P
Old 21st March 2008, 10:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

dear susan,
I loved the pic of MM550 XDB. PLease post more............. Looks like a brute!
Old 21st March 2008, 11:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

The two tone color scheme looks like a cost cutting measure... shell is white and the doors any color you fancy.. the concept goes back to Henry Ford who said "You can have your car in any color as long as it is black".

IMO the scheme is ok and passable in some colors. What do I think about the facelift ? Did i hear someone say Botox ? right on...

I respect this car's off roading capability, but we have to agree that its past its prime. If HM still wants to continue it, price it at 10-12Lacs OTR, and it will sell like Hot Samosas..

HM, if you are listening, price the Pajero at 10-12Lacs, the Outlander at 16-18Lacs and the Montero at 25-30Lacs. The Cedia started selling only after the recent price revision..
Old 21st March 2008, 12:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

They really havent the darndest idea about pricing. And if they DO knock of 8L, madan80, they'll probably have to scrap the seats inside or something :-)
Old 21st March 2008, 22:22   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
dear susan,
I loved the pic of MM550 XDB. PLease post more............. Looks like a brute!

Roger Vinod,
photos of other vehicles will also follow along with XDB550.
Old 26th March 2008, 09:28   #72
BHPian

Why does New Pajero look like an ancient Montero?
Old 26th March 2008, 11:42   #73
BHPian

If HM reduces the price of the SFX sub 15 lacs then i am sure there will be a lot of takers. Also they need to come up with single-tone color schemes coz there arent many who like the dual-tone. There is a lot of interest in the indian markets for SUV's offlate and if HM revises their SUV pricing , i am sure they will be able to gain significant sale figures.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Why does New Pajero look like an ancient Montero?
Because it is! In other words, Montero is the new Pajero and is sold in other markets as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead
If HM reduces the price of the SFX sub 15 lacs then i am sure there will be a lot of takers.
IIRC, HM reduced the price in 2006 to 18.81 ex showroom and they have kept the price same since then. However, they did introduce ABS/Airbags in 2007 and now better tyres and other cosmetic features in SFX. Providing more features at same price point is usually better than reducing prices because latter results in negative impact to resale value and therefore to an extent customer loyalty.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:17   #75
BHPian

Going by the no of Pajeros I see here in Chennai, I feel that Pajero's sales will be higher than CRV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks