Team-BHP - Jeep --- The untold story.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Jeep --- The untold story. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/37171-jeep-untold-story.html)

The event was organized on 16th March by Mr. Vinay Gurav from HVOCT Heritage Vehicle owners club of Thane along with Aryan Media and Douse fire.The event was meant to pay a tribute to Karl Probst the inventor of Jeep and Bantam the company that made the Jeep.

Karl Probst and Bantam never really got their dues... the event was an attempt to put forth the true untold story of the JEEP.

The event was divided into four parts

1) A movie showing the actual development of the Jeep.

2) A presentation to pay tribute to karl Probst by Mr. Abhilash Nambiar

3) A Jeep lovers experience sharing by Mr Satish Upadhyay.

4) An off the road Jeep experience for the guests and the media.

The Chief guest of the event was Mr Joy Chaudhari. Creative editor of Auto car India.The event was also attended by representatives of jeep makers Mahindra and Mahindra and Toyota .

More offroad pics will be posted soon once i get them..Also present at the venue was the Yellow Beetle belonging to one our club members.

Beautiful pics.. any interior pics of the JONGA ?? also.. any idea if i can get one of the jongas

Goddy

Good Stuff Egangsta cheers:. Those Jeeps look real neat. Cant wait for the rest of the pictures

What a Jonga!!!!!!!! Magnificient vehicle - who owns it?

Nice pictures! For those who do not know, the Jeep was invented in America shortly before America entered World War Two in answer to the U.S. Army's call for a small off-road vehicle. Inventor Probst's company Bantam won the bid but production was given over largely to auto giant Ford along with prime producer Willys Overland Company to meet war time production needs. After WWII the Mahindra brothers bought a license from Willys to produce it in India.

Mahindra, in its infinite wisdom, has made the Jeep unavailable for purchase in India to the civilian market, at least for now.

Brilliant pictures. Those Jeeps look well maintained.
Eddy, is that the same Jonga you chaps went offroading in on Yeoor Hills?

Thanks egangsta for the snaps.
Well maintained jeeps and they look brilliant !!!
First time seeing a JONGA . Can you plz upload some more pictures of jonga??

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 764865)
Nice pictures! For those who do not know, the Jeep was invented in America shortly before America entered World War Two in answer to the U.S. Army's call for a small off-road vehicle. Inventor Probst's company Bantam won the bid but production was given over largely to auto giant Ford along with prime producer Willys Overland Company to meet war time production needs. After WWII the Mahindra brothers bought a license from Willys to produce it in India.

Mahindra, in its infinite wisdom, has made the Jeep unavailable for purchase in India to the civilian market, at least for now.

Dan (you have written Inventor Probst's company Bantam co)
CARL PROBST was designe.....and FRANK FENN was heading the Bantam Car Co.

Nice pics, hey egansta, is the jonga, the one in the video you sent me?? could you post the interior pics....please.

Nice pics and some great Jeeps !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinar (Post 765038)
Nice pics, hey egansta, is the jonga, the one in the video you sent me?? could you post the interior pics....please.

Yes Dinar, its the same Jonga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 764913)
Brilliant pictures. Those Jeeps look well maintained.
Eddy, is that the same Jonga you chaps went offroading in on Yeoor Hills?

Addy, its the same Jonga we had taken offroad to Yeoor Hills and had posted pic in the off-road jeeps thread few months back.

Nice writeup and a great tribute to the makers.

What is that VW doing there, resembles mine?

My mouth is watering seeing those jeeps and to say the design is never changed in years.

Lovely Ed. Didn't see any MBs there. Did they hand out any write up with the event re the Jeeps? If yes could I have a copy if possible, even a xerox would do. Thanks

Is the JONGA still on its' original 6 cyl engine or it has been converted into a diesel one??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 764857)
What a Jonga!!!!!!!! Magnificient vehicle - who owns it?

This gentleman owns it