Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:59   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Is it possible to upgrade the quality of the rear bench-type of seats in the jeep? I mean to make them more comfortable retaining the bench configurations. Actually whatever bench seats I have seen in the jeeps are the basic as in stock conditions. Will Karol bagh be of any help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Hi Whitemm550,
Can you please pics of your jeep over here please. Your garage is not viewable.

Also do post interior pics aswell , because in many threads its mentioned that Army Spec MM550 dont have 5 speed G'Box. They are 4 speed only.
(Only latest Army jeeps have 5 Speed )
yea offroad maniac, i will post the pics very soon, i have just given the jeep for a paint job will get it in a weeks time, you can check out the jeep in my new thread a great escape goa, and yea i am lucky enough to have a non army spec MM550 XDP, with 5 speed gear box, servo assisted Disc brakes up front and a lever actuated 4wd syatemcheers:
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:18   #62
BHPian

actually, i did try to fit in a forward facing tata sierra/ indica seat on to my MM550, be cause these seats 'double fold', but then after many tries, i gave up because the seat had to be fitted on the rear mud gaurds and the rear passengers were towering way above the drivers head. so the project was dropped.
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
actually, i did try to fit in a forward facing tata sierra/ indica seat on to my MM550, because these seats 'double fold', but then after many tries, i gave up because the seat had to be fitted on the rear mud gaurds and the rear passengers were towering way above the drivers head. so the project was dropped.
Hmm, I guess thats an obvious problem. Though some people did manage to fit forward facing seats at the rear, it is just sufficient to accommodate two persons comfortably. I personally like the bench type of configuration as it goes with the original jeep configuration, only thing is that, these are the most basic type of seat. Probably have to put some foams and rexin covers
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:23   #64
BHPian

Hey Mate, Noticed Your Dueler 10 R 15 Tyres, Are They Not Affecting The Steering Effort On Your Jeep?
Old 27th October 2008, 16:55   #65
BHPian

Hi Red MM340,

My MM540 (with XDB3-Oil Cooled engine) is now ready. For AC purpose, I have fitted a nice deshboard from Armada Grand. It is not possible to fit the original Armada Grans' AC condenssor as it is fitted by company in Armada/Bolero. Can you please advice where it is fitted in your MM550. The AC machnic suggested me to fit in under the body (just below the front seat) but I suspect that in the off road tarrian I will hit it and break it. NEED SUGGESTION PLS.
Old 27th October 2008, 17:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
actually, i did try to fit in a forward facing tata sierra/ indica seat on to my MM550, be cause these seats 'double fold', but then after many tries, i gave up because the seat had to be fitted on the rear mud gaurds and the rear passengers were towering way above the drivers head. so the project was dropped.
Hi WhiteMM550, You will be wonder to know I also tried absolutely the same thing recently. I also bough Tata Siera's rear seat because I like the two fold style and once it was ok but just after I had some serious off road, it started giving troubles. Started with the back faling down in the back side. Tried a saveral time but no way to fix the problem. Now I have decided to weld it in fix position as I am have given up with this idea. Really wonder that two minds, working on the same idea. My no. is 093143 92938 and I have a account on Orkut by the same of "Naren Charan- a DesertKing". I wish to be in touch with you. Regards, Naren
Old 28th October 2008, 12:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Hi WhiteMM550, You will be wonder to know I also tried absolutely the same thing recently.
----

I wish to be in touch with you. Regards, Naren
hey naren nice to hear from you, i am from Goa, shall definately contact you

B]Note from TBHP mod team: Please avoid quoting the while post for a one line reply[/b]
Old 13th November 2008, 12:50   #68
BHPian

hi mate, sorry to crash in your thread, but please comment on my jeep, and tell me what else i can do to improve mt jeep. thanksModified MM550XDP 4x4 my daily use "car"-dsc01219-medium.jpg

Modified MM550XDP 4x4 my daily use "car"-dsc01220-medium.jpg

Modified MM550XDP 4x4 my daily use "car"-dsc01221-medium.jpg

Modified MM550XDP 4x4 my daily use "car"-dsc01223-medium.jpg

Modified MM550XDP 4x4 my daily use "car"-dsc01224-small.jpg

Modified MM550XDP 4x4 my daily use "car"-dsc01225-medium.jpg
Old 17th November 2008, 11:39   #69
BHPian

Nice, decent looking Jeep. It seems to be very original other than the roll over cage. You said that you tried the rear seat of Tata Siera (single bench with three folds), I wonder you opted the original sitting arrangement for the rear pessenger than.
Old 7th January 2010, 17:33   #70
BHPian

Hi Buddy,

That's a great MM 550 you have built for yourself.

I am also in the process of restoring an army disposal MM 550. And need your help in few matters -

1. Hard Top: Where can I get such a top built? I had mailed Raj Kapoor of Noida but he hasn't responded, where did you get yours? And what was the cost?

2. For AC, I will be going to Paramjeet Singh (Car Conditioning) as suggested by you. Any idea about how much it would cost?

3. Are the Bilstein shocks really good? Where can I find these and what is the cost?

4. Will I need the aluminum double pass race radiator with AC? If yes, where and how much? :-)

Will wait for your response.

Thanks

Nitin
Old 7th January 2010, 18:06   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Buddy,

That's a great MM 550 you have built for yourself.

I am also in the process of restoring an army disposal MM 550. And need your help in few matters -

1. Hard Top: Where can I get such a top built? I had mailed Raj Kapoor of Noida but he hasn't responded, where did you get yours? And what was the cost?

Nitin
Hard top cost RS 75,000
Old 7th January 2010, 21:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Hard top cost RS 75,000
Satnam are you sure that the hard top should be that expensive??
With Air Con or without??
Old 7th January 2010, 22:16   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Hard top cost RS 75,000
it better be encrusted with diamonds...
Old 7th January 2010, 22:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Satnam are you sure that the hard top should be that expensive??
With Air Con or without??
Hi,

I don't think that includes AC but unsure if it included the role cage etc.

This is the PM reply I had from Gaurav in January last year.

Quote:
Hi there,
The hardtop was done by Mr. Raj Kapoor of Performance Auto in Noida. He is a bit expensive, but does good quality work. I think that I paid around 75k or so.
Regards,
Also with the Thar just around the corner it might be worth waiting to see if Mahindra offer any hardtops for that (should fit the 550). They used to offer decent looking hardtops when they used to sell in the UK (just a shame the jeeps were considered rubbish due to their poor quality).

Last edited by bigman : 7th January 2010 at 23:00.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:11   #75
BHPian

hello every one,

I have planned to take my hard top off and put a soft top. So if any interested in it can pm me or mail me kumzmech@gmail.com .

Most Viewed