Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2008, 10:51   #436
BANNED

@samurai - get the change in colour corrected asap. That is one sitting duck in case you are goign inter-state. Munnar is only a few days away, right?
Old 27th November 2008, 12:18   #437
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
^^You didn't look for the colour mentioned while you bought her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@samurai - get the change in colour corrected asap. That is one sitting duck in case you are goign inter-state. Munnar is only a few days away, right?
Even the RTO hadn't noticed it while transferring the RC, let alone me. Munnar has been postponed to Jan 24th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I very much doubt that samurai will paint his CJ3x red, even if he decides to paint it in the future.
Exactly, I have to think of a color though. There are bubbles under the paint in the front bumper. Surely not red, but I have to think about a color that is not too bold.

Last edited by Samurai : 27th November 2008 at 12:20.
Old 27th November 2008, 12:33   #438
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, It would be better if you can restore it in the original color. After all you are preserving a Jeep model that is already out of production almost 2 decades back. So don't change the color, I guess CJ340 color is not the Passion red or German red. It could be little darker shade of red, any one out here in this forum may help you getting the original red painted on the Jeep.

Considering the cost involvement., I hope those days Mahindra painted the Jeep with Aspa paints only not the 2K or Duo-pont.

But you don't need to change the color as to travel to Munnar. In my experience I never seen a single cop stopping a Jeep for any modification. So take your time to do the body work. I think not the Cop only the RTO can stop for altered vehicles, and seeing them stopping a personal vehicle is really a rarest sight.

[There are so many Jeeps runs in the country without any endorsement on Paper for engine swap, color, tax or any such things]
Old 27th November 2008, 12:45   #439
Team-BHP Support

Go for a red jeep Samurai. That will be one swell pimped out machine
Old 27th November 2008, 17:51   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Today I was browsing the RC book for some reason, and my eyes stopped at the entry that said Colour of the Vehicle. It said Red.
hey sam, without changing the colour of your jeep back to red, what else can be done to get the details in the RC book changed?? i mean to ask, is there is any other way to get the details of colour in the RC book changed, without actually getting your jeep re-painted??? is bribing the RTO agents one of the option???
Old 27th November 2008, 18:17   #441
BHPian

A swashbuckling SAMURAI surrounded with red. ( albeit paint)... Just Thinking Aloud.
Old 27th November 2008, 20:27   #442
Team-BHP Support

People change Jeep color pretty often, that is probably why the RTO didn't even bother with that detail.

I am sure that can be updated on the RC very easily, can somebody who has done that kindly mention your experience in doing this?

Red Jeep, very little chance of that.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:22   #443
Team-BHP Support

Couple of days back I got my Jeep back. The engine was sounding very smooth and no sound from the gearbox. The 2rd, 4th and counter gear was replaced. The gear-shift is a little tight since most parts are new, may take time to settle down.

However, as I was crusiing down a slope in 3rd, the gear slipped back to neutral. This can be repeated any number of times, every time I try engine braking in 3rd, gear shift slips back to neutral. I tested every gear under same conditions in High and low. It happens only in 3rd in 2WD mode.

The 3rd gear was not replaced since the part was not available on time. But now we have no choice. I put the Jeep back in the workshop for the 3rd gear replacement.
Old 3rd December 2008, 11:49   #444
BHPian

Samurai,

I have the same issue in my MM540, but its with the 2nd gear instead...however, if i hold the 2nd gear in place, it stays in 2nd gear....i drove it all the way from KL to MH like that, it was a pain in the ghats, holding the 2nd gear with one hand and steering the Jeep with the other! I'll be interested in knowing if replacing the 'gear' resolves the issue, since I'm still living with it. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2008, 12:49   #445
Senior - BHPian

Samurai,
The problem could be with the top of the gear box (that has main gear lever attached on it) and not with the gear. My assumption. Let the workshop diagnose the problem.

Regards

vinod
Old 3rd December 2008, 13:56   #446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Samurai,
The problem could be with the top of the gear box (that has main gear lever attached on it) and not with the gear. My assumption. Let the workshop diagnose the problem.
It doesn't slip in straight road or while climbing an incline in 3rd. It slips only while engine braking in the slope or while riding over a horribly damaged road, which we have all over here.
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:02   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't slip in straight road or while climbing an incline in 3rd. It slips only while engine braking in the slope or while riding over a horribly damaged road, which we have all over here.
I too had the same problem, in 3rd gear especially during deceleration, the top cover was removed and the bushings were tightened and it was alright. If the slippage doesnt get resolved even then, it becomes inevitable to reopen the whole gearbox.

Hope the problem is not with 3rd gear as you replaced it recently

with regards

vinod
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:22   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hope the problem is not with 3rd gear as you replaced it recently
The third gear was not replaced for lack of availability.

Edit: The 3rd gear was replaced today and the problem went away. Will pickup the Jeep tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Samurai : 3rd December 2008 at 16:25.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:22   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Red Jeep, very little chance of that.
How about white? I dislike white in most cars but the jeep looks fabulous in white. Its also easy to maintain (white or black) as far as touch up and scratches are concerned.
Old 3rd December 2008, 20:50   #450
Team-BHP Support

wow so much of action happened here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
How about white? I dislike white in most cars but the jeep looks fabulous in white. Its also easy to maintain (white or black) as far as touch up and scratches are concerned.
i vote for white too, almost bought a classic in white couple of years back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks