Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 15:37   #46
BHPian

Congratulations Sharath, thats a beautiful piece of machinary. All the best.
Old 27th May 2008, 16:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sharath on your new aquisition. Liked your jeep. The roda over the brake lights will help in preventing damages which may be caused so dont remover it. While going over dusty roads try to open the front windshield. Also dont close the rear flap as this will prevent the passengers from inhaling dust.

Also do add a mud guards for the front tires. Will help a lot from preventing the under body getting dirty.

Well in my opinion the sheet like stuff (dont know why its there) looks pretty odd.

Need to know if the rear set of seats are front facing? Well pics would be welcome as my friend is currently doing up his new willys so needed suggestions
Old 27th May 2008, 16:31   #48
BHPian

SAMURAI: AWESOME WRITE UPPPPPPPP...I am waiting to get my CJ3B from Kerala and this is going to awesome experience. I kind of felt me driving the jeep. Congrats again mate.
Old 27th May 2008, 17:37   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Well in my opinion the sheet like stuff (dont know why its there) looks pretty odd.
It certainly looks ghastly. Samurai, please remove those. And while you are at it, please paint the rear bumpers black.

Don't go to a paint shop or anything....its a sunday afternoon paint + brush job
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2008, 17:44   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It certainly looks ghastly. Samurai, please remove those.
You mean that checked aluminium sheet, that was put by Jam_Anand to reduce body damage. Removing that may leave holes...
Old 27th May 2008, 17:52   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

You mean that checked aluminium sheet, that was put by Jam_Anand to reduce body damage. Removing that may leave holes...
Never seen body damage there on my Jeep. Get some patch work done, if required. It really looks out of place.
Old 27th May 2008, 18:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

Samurai,

Awsome "Green Mean machine! "
Old 27th May 2008, 18:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I think those are checkered stainless steel sheets and not aluminium. But if you remove it now there would be tiny rivet holes all over the lower part of the body.

I had an idea to use them on the floor area of the vehicle goes well with a spartan interior.
Old 27th May 2008, 19:54   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Great buy mate !!

I guess we are going to see a thread of your CJ340 climb he mud hill near the office ;-).

Besides you have a capable machine if your GV ever needs a tow again.
Old 27th May 2008, 20:19   #55
Team-BHP Support

I thinks its aluminum sheets only, leave it for now, or paint over to minimize the contrast. As GTO suggested, get some black paint and if you have a good vacuum cleaner which can do spraying, you will get good finish also. Remember to mask the surrounding before you do this.
Old 27th May 2008, 23:21   #56
BHPian

Congratulations

Hi Samurai,

Congrats on your new Jeep! The short wheel base flat fender jeep is just a classic shape that will never go out of style. Despite its many shortcomings, this vehicle just has character and feels good to drive. There is something refreshing about the mechanical simplicity and ruggedness of the 340.

I would recommend front disc brakes. These are standard M&M units that will bolt in once you get the mating front knuckles. I ran this setup for several years on my 340 and it worked well. This would be a much better setup than larger drums up front.

You may want to hold on the rear full floater till you find that there is a need for it. If you never break and axle, you don't need it. If you do have a couple of axle failures then there is a good reason to consider it. But make sure that if there is an axle failure it is not due to a "local" axle which is just made of low quality material.

There is a technical issue with the rear full float on the 340. The oil seal leaks. I currently have continuous oil leakage that makes a mess on my rear wheels. I am working on a solution for the rear axle that will incorporate full float, a standard design oil seal that doesn't leak and rear disc brakes. Will keep the Team-BHP community posted on this if and when I can get this to work.

By the way, should you have a need for more power, I have a Peugeot 2.1 freshly overhauled motor with a Garret T35 turbo with calibrated fuel pump ready to go sitting in my garage collecting dust. Should be good for about 100 hp. and a good amount of torque.

Regards,
Old 27th May 2008, 23:59   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
A police SI directing the traffic flow, wanted some of us to move backwards. He asked the Alto driver (a family car) behind me politely (hinde hogi sir) to reverse, then he tells me “Ye Jeepu, hinde hogayya” quite rudely. He obviously couldn’t see me through the side flaps.

From next time, have the jeep's top down, grow a pony-tail, an ear-ring on one ear, some gold bracelets - about 10 should do the trick, some fat gold chains running around your neck, an Aviator RayBan, shirt with the top buttons open and Iron Maiden streaming through the music system.

BTW - before anything else, congrats once again on the jeep.

Last edited by theMAG : 28th May 2008 at 00:00.
Old 28th May 2008, 00:45   #58
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, congrads on the buy. Looks like you are very pleased with it and I dont think its the last we will be seeing of this green mean machine.

Some other Bhpians have been giving hints of you picking up a ride,so was waiting for this thread.

Looks like there are more threads with off roading pics and mods coming up.

Dont ignore the GV
Old 28th May 2008, 11:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

I think you can remove the metal sheet and get the local mechanic will help cover up the holes. They usually do something about it. But you would need a paint job to cover up after the work
Old 28th May 2008, 12:38   #60
Senior - BHPian

Im a full supporter of disc brakes.
And this is what I would suggest you,Samurai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks