Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:24   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family

Dear Sharath - congratulations. So finally you have an MM540. Do I take this action as your first step to finally becoming a Thar CRDe owner? .

Please give your CL340 in good hands only, it is one of the best in the country today. The guy who buys it will surely be lucky, he has to just sit and drive.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:24   #1442
BHPian

I guess DB sir meant "an MM550".

Congratulations Samurai on your new acquisition! Wish you thousands of happy miles and off-roading with it.
Let us get treated with more pictures, a detailed buying report and of course a modification action plan if you are planning to do any!

Happy motoring

Last edited by Driving_Nomad : 22nd November 2012 at 14:24. Reason: formatted better
Driving_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:04   #1443
Senior - BHPian

oh!! hmm, never mind!

I saw your CJ340 and fell in love with it and got one, and I sold it today for career reasons! And I login feeling bad and wanting to update my thread and I see your wish to sell your CJ too :(

all the best in the sale...
svsantosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 15:50   #1444
Team-BHP Support

And so, here we are... My beloved CJ340 is on sale after 4.5 years of ownership.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ra/CJ340.html/
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 09:28   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
And so, here we are... My beloved CJ340 is on sale after 4.5 years of ownership.

Hi Samurai,
Its sad to see your beloved CJ in Classified section!
Iam not a very frequent visitor to Team-bhp, as my job involves extensive offshore travels. In this part of the world the Internet is still a Luxury thing.
I keep browsing classified section and was shocked to see your CJ and then read your thread and came to know you have already bought a MM550. You wanted best of both worlds....highway as well as noway (offroad) !
It was yours and GTOs thread which inspired me to invest om MM540 and it has still a long way to go..
Congrats on your new aquisition and looking forward for more offroad threads with loads of pics please..
I hope the CJ buyer be a good enthusiast as well!

All the Best
Sreenivasa

Last edited by sriny_blr : 6th December 2012 at 09:29.
sriny_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 20:16   #1446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sharath - congratulations. So finally you have an MM540. Do I take this action as your first step to finally becoming a Thar CRDe owner? .
Thanks. It came with a Roplas hardtop, so that was a major relief. Don't know about Thar, in 3-4 years Wrangler will be sold in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I saw your CJ340 and fell in love with it and got one, and I sold it today for career reasons!
Any plans for the next offroader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
Let us get treated with more pictures, a detailed buying report and of course a modification action plan if you are planning to do any!
Still working on the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriny_blr View Post
It was yours and GTOs thread which inspired me to invest om MM540 and it has still a long way to go..
Nice to know. Let's see how the MM550 adventure comes along.
Old 6th December 2012, 22:39   #1447
BHPian

Quote:

Sad to see the CJ go. I know you put a lot into that Jeep. Hope the new one brings even greater joy.

Regards.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 12:45   #1448
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Sharath,
Saw on your other ownership thread that you have put up your CJ340 up for sale. Been going this thread from the start, have only reached the 30th page - I seriously wish I could arrange the $$ for this - would have gone for it. Anyway, hope you get a good buyer who would take proper care of your car.

Please do keep updating the new ownership thread as frequently you did this one.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 10:43   #1449
BHPian

Quote:

Sharath,

I know you since the Bangalore Annual OTR 2012 , and through my interaction with you on team-BHP after the same. Infact , was quite interested in some of your posts on the handle name Samurai before the OTR2012 itself, but more as a silent spectator .I don't know whether you remember me correctly, but during the annual OTR , I recognized you as Samurai and introduced myself to you, when I overheard your typical analysis/measured dialogue delivery.

Anyways...wanted to tell you that I had gone through this thread from yesterday afternoon till today in one sitting, found myself sleeping on the laptop at around 2am I guess, and continued the same in the morning. I had had lot to learn from this thread, especially while I am on to my phase 1 mods on my MM540 XD3P. Even, was quite impressed and thankful with the plethora of info/knowledge sharing that was done by some of the seniors. DB sir has been awesome with his typical dialogue delivery style. Spike with all the knowledge he carry and happily share with all in the forum, as in your thread too needs special mention/respect taking into consideration his young age too. I have seen little of such people in my professional life, where in,they were willing to share knowledge/expertise. For them knowledge shared is opportunity lost, little did they know otherwise. Arka is also exceptional on the knowledge on jeeps. Somehow, have developed a liking to Header's heading/half volley at times in hour thread. It made sure that I was wide awake smiling at times going through your thread at one go.

Anyways, I have already wished you on your MM550, but , then again, I wish you good luck with your new ride. Hope to see you with this ride for the Blr Ann OTR 2013. You don't have an excuse on the driving bit now , right!!. Cheers

Last edited by jmvivek : 9th January 2013 at 10:46. Reason: typos
jmvivek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 11:21   #1450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvivek View Post
I don't know whether you remember me correctly, but during the annual OTR , I recognized you as Samurai and introduced myself to you
Hmm, I can vaguely recall, but unable to recall your face. I am generally bad with names and faces unless I meet them more than once. I don't have Behram's memory.

Quote:
I had had lot to learn from this thread, especially while I am on to my phase 1 mods on my MM540 XD3P. Even, was quite impressed and thankful with the plethora of info/knowledge sharing that was done by some of the seniors. DB sir has been awesome with his typical dialogue delivery style. Spike with all the knowledge he carry and happily share with all in the forum, as in your thread too needs special mention/respect taking into consideration his young age too. I have seen little of such people in my professional life, where in,they were willing to share knowledge/expertise. For them knowledge shared is opportunity lost, little did they know otherwise. Arka is also exceptional on the knowledge on jeeps. Somehow, have developed a liking to Header's heading/half volley at times in hour thread.
This is the most popular thread on CJ340 on google search, simply because of the all contribution by the who-is-who of Jeeping community. All I do is ask dumb questions, which is equally important.

Quote:
Hope to see you with this ride for the Blr Ann OTR 2013. You don't have an excuse on the driving bit now , right!!. Cheers
Yes, I have signed up. Hoping to plonk the AC before I come.
Old 9th January 2013, 17:05   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT-

Quote:
Even, was quite impressed and thankful with the plethora of info/knowledge sharing that was done by some of the seniors. DB sir has been awesome with his typical dialogue delivery style.
jmvivek, this thread is definitely a compendium on CJ340 ownership, and you have summed it up very nicely. Many including me have learnt a lot from this thread, thanks to Samurais questions.

Quote:
Spike with all the knowledge he carry and happily share with all in the forum, as in your thread too needs special mention/respect taking into consideration his young age too.
Thank you for your gracious comments, appreciate your humility in speaking out your mind on an open forum. May be, if you are not aware, I worked with DB Sir for a good 4 years, learnt things which a professional can only dream off (when starting of as a trainee).

Quote:
I have seen little of such people in my professional life, where in,they were willing to share knowledge/expertise.
You are right, people do not share their learning's. Even, I experienced the same. Have lost sweat, blood and weight in learning things on my own. Off late tied up with my studies hence less active on the forum.

BTW, I am no expert, I still consider myself as a student when compared to people like BD Sir, UBS, Sutripta, Arka, Sudarshan and others.

Your comments made my day, it felt nice to know there are people who speak good about you, rest I do not care.

Spike
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 12:40   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen little of such people in my professional life, where in they were willing to share knowledge/expertise. For them knowledge shared is opportunity lost, little did they know otherwise.
Dear jmvivek - I read your post and Pratheesh's reply to it, then I quietly smiled. I have only quoted only a part of your post above as I would like to comment on it. I have learnt one thing in life which I want to share with you:

"Do good to people, irrespective of what they do to you, then you will always win".

I hope good sense prevails and corporate people really start working together instead of just talking about it! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 13:57   #1453
Team-BHP Support

After putting my CJ340 on sale, I got many inquiries. Some tried to negotiate over email. But I was not open to negotiation with anybody before they saw the Jeep in person. And that didn't happen. Since Dec 5th, not a single person came to see the vehicle. The primary reason was the location the Jeep. But I was not willing to bring the Jeep to Bangalore since I couldn't give proper test drive of a mountain goat in the middle of a city. Besides, there was the problem of parking.

Yesterday as I drove back to Manipal after the Bangalore OTR, my offroad team mate Sachin had a potential buyer from Udupi waiting for me. He is a first time Jeep buyer, had no idea about offroading. He started off asking questions like it was a regular car. There was only one way to answer such questions. I asked him to sit on the passenger seat, and gave him my standard offroad demo package in the office backyard. He was speechless after the demo, and kept shaking his head in disbelief. He had no more questions.

Today morning he came with full payment, and drove away the jeep after some practice rounds in the office ground. Of course, he removed the soft-top before he left, to be collected later. After reaching home he gave a call back, completely thrilled with the experience of driving a topless Jeep in the sun. And yes, now he wants to get into offroading. He has already signed up for a class in our Udupi offroad academy.

The very first person to come and check out the Jeep, drove away with it. That is a highly satisfying feeling.

The New Owner from Udupi.

Mahindra CJ340 joins Team-BHP family-p2040424.jpg

Last edited by Samurai : 4th February 2013 at 14:02.
Samurai is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 14:24   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the 1st to wish the new owner well, and also wish you on the sale!!
svsantosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 14:55   #1455
BHPian

Another lucky Man, Just like My Old Jeep Owner. I am sure He too got a Trouble free Reliable Jeep.
sreejeshmp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks