Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:11   #46
BHPian

hi Randhawa,,please find the attached pic(courtesy susan3004) to find what I'm looking for?.I want those military mm550 with bigger tires and wheel arches.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeeps from Punjab.-military-jeep.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2008, 14:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Its an army CJ jeep with contessa front suspension and steering.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

@jack33 Yes mate, that is the one I saw. just ask the guy on the phone.
Old 3rd June 2008, 02:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack33 View Post
hi Randhawa,,please find the attached pic(courtesy susan3004) to find what I'm looking for?.I want those military mm550 with bigger tires and wheel arches.
hmm this is a brand new 2008 Mahindra... i am not sure how the army personel let the photo taken without a warning that the Registration mark is not to be shown.

accordning to the REG mark this is a 2008. i have seen a lot of them in Bathinda because of the Cant. Once i was talking to a friend of mine he is army and he has a Fiesta D and he said that when they took the delivery of the 550 they raced it on the way back to bathinda. and the fiesta was finding it hard to cope up with the 550
i am not sure how true is this.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:21   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
hmm this is a brand new 2008 Mahindra... i am not sure how the army personel let the photo taken without a warning that the Registration mark is not to be shown.
It was shot by a Team-BHP member who is an Army Major, it is his Jeep.
Old 3rd June 2008, 19:59   #51
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, Susan who posted the UN pics and other neat jeep pics is a Army Major? Thats sweet. Time to PM Susan !
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:27   #52
BHPian

are they legal

I have been to Dabwali a couple of times. For shore if you spend some time in Dabwali you can find a good jeep with a good engine and 4x4 real checp. But the question is how street legal are these vehicles. Im shore delhi cops are going to take you for a long ride if you ride one without proper papers not shore if the so called jeep showrooms also take care of the RTO stuff like a new engine on the jeep and most of the jeeps are more than 15 years old.

Can someone throw some light on this.
Old 4th June 2008, 00:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Bhogal.

How much for a good 4x4 with a good engine at Dabwali ?

An indictive estimate will do. I am due some rental from farm land in October and might as well buy a Jeep with it.
Old 4th June 2008, 01:47   #54

guys, even I am interested in a jeep and willing to take make a visit to Moga or Dabwali. Who else is game, lets make a shopping list and approach a good dealer or 'assembler' in the those places. Also makes sense building a good rapport with the guy, since later if we need any add ons, or he gets any good deal on add ons, we get to bid for it first.
What say?
and which is better between Moga and Dabwali?
I have heard Moga is for MM and Dabwali is for CJ s..is that correct?
Old 4th June 2008, 18:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
We have lot of Jeep lovers and experts in our forum. If anyone could post a modification plan with approximate costing considering we have an old short chassis jeep in working condition to be upgraded to a Bolero engined beast. Newbies like myself would really be benefited.
Guyz, please help beginners like me to plan the first 4x4 project.
Old 15th August 2008, 12:03   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
I have been to Dabwali a couple of times. For shore if you spend some time in Dabwali you can find a good jeep with a good engine and 4x4 real checp. But the question is how street legal are these vehicles. Im shore delhi cops are going to take you for a long ride if you ride one without proper papers not shore if the so called jeep showrooms also take care of the RTO stuff like a new engine on the jeep and most of the jeeps are more than 15 years old.

Can someone throw some light on this.
This is a very important query and i too would like clarification and some enlightenment on the topic, can somebody please throw light on the above.
Old 16th August 2008, 10:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
This is a very important query and i too would like clarification and some enlightenment on the topic, can somebody please throw light on the above.
the sellers of these jeeps get them registered in non-metro cities where BSIII is not yet applicable. also they get you old registerating numbers and not new series like DL-, PB, HP, HR etc.

they get jeeps registered in old series like DLP, PAM, HPS, HRY. so the jeeps are show with old registration and they pass the traffic police document check!

cheers:
Old 16th August 2008, 21:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
the sellers of these jeeps get them registered in non-metro cities where BSIII is not yet applicable. also they get you old registerating numbers and not new series like DL-, PB, HP, HR etc.

they get jeeps registered in old series like DLP, PAM, HPS, HRY. so the jeeps are show with old registration and they pass the traffic police document check!

cheers:
Sorry but would like to correct you Parm the registrations are done brand new they are not from the old style of prefixes. they are brand new like PB, HR and all that. As per my information in punjab in many of the cities they do not register these jeep or to say disposal vehicle any more. and guess what the vehicles get a brand new numebr from the new series.
Old 16th August 2008, 22:24   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Samurai, Susan who posted the UN pics and other neat jeep pics is a Army Major? Thats sweet. Time to PM Susan !
Susan is a man?
Old 16th August 2008, 23:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

OT:
You just got caught,Sam.
Here's what you've written as the first reply to his intro.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...tml#post608997

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks