Team-BHP - Nissan 4W73 aka 1 ton
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Nissan 4W73 aka 1 ton (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/40442-nissan-4w73-aka-1-ton-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 851105)
Arka, what diesel engine do you plan to fit in the beast?? Would need one with loads of power & torque I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex670c (Post 851041)
I have registered the 4W73 as a Diesel Vehicle, so that I can fit a diesel engine.

Plans

3) Fit in a Diesel Engine Hino W04D (110Bhp & 28Kgm)

We are waiting for the cheap guest from delhi to inaugurate the mobile bar. :D

Super buy boss. Eagerly looking forward to the restoration progress. Paint her Army Green and you wil not get messed around with ever :D

Absolutely amazing buy!! Congratulations

This is something I believe as creativity

Amazing buy .. what a vehicle to have as a daily drive !! The restoration thread definitely is gonna be a 10 star thread ... also I wonder how you your hands on this , how much did you pay for it , do the laws allow for that to be driven around as a private vehicle , are these easy to find , etc etc ??

Cheers

Quote:

I have registered the 4W73 as a Diesel Vehicle, so that I can fit a diesel engine.

Plans

1)Tinkering/Denting & Painting
2) Convert it to Soft Top, very simple just remove 14Bolts and the hard top comes off
3) Fit in a Diesel Engine Hino W04D (110Bhp & 28Kgm)
4) Paint job
5) Fit a Air-Conditioner as this is going to be my daily drive ;)
6) New Canvas Top
7) New Tyres

I expected everything on this list. What I did not expect is line 5 and the justification for it. I almost fell of my chair laughing (not at the idea) but that someone would have the passion to drive this everyday.

1) All autos will move at the sight of this vehicle
2) Cabbies beware.

I just LOVE the idea of this being a daily drive. Its a monstrous and dubious plan. clap:

This thread is going to be added to my Fav threads/threads being watched, there is an option like that right? now where is that option..

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 851128)
We are waiting for the cheap guest from delhi to inaugurate the mobile bar. :D

Patience John patience! It might happen sooner than you think!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guderian (Post 850383)
Hi Arka,
The longest journeys used to be from Jammu (railway station) to Srinagar via Udhampur in these wonderful beasts and then back, when dad used to come to pick me up during my term breaks from the hostel and drop me back for the long railway journey back to the hostel in Bangalore...the smell of the army canvas, oil and brasso is still very fresh in the olfactory organs !

Very vivid short story. I enjoyed it.

ps. Guderian lost.

Quote:

5) Fit a Air-Conditioner as this is going to be my daily drive ;)

Only you Arka,only you.

I'm dying to see it in real. um.. when is the next meet incidentally?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDan (Post 851788)
Very vivid short story. I enjoyed it.

ps. Guderian lost.

Dirty Dan,
"Short Story" ? Actually should have appeared in RD's Drama in Real Life...only thing they don't pay for the pieces as much these days !
And incidentally, what exactly did Guderian loose ?

As I read this thread and other recent 4x4 mod and restore threads I am wondering more and more about how you swap engines and drive train parts. How do you find out what will go with what with no or little fuss, especially when you throw a transfer case and other 4x4 hardware into the mix? Where do you guys get your information? Here, obviously, but where else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guderian (Post 851871)
........incidentally, what exactly did Guderian loose ?

Dear Gud., I will give you a hint. You are writing in English, not German:). Yes, I know he was a military genius and innovator, I am just tugging on your jack boots a little. Actually, had Hitler won maybe we could easily source some pretty good Mercedes motors, 'ay?

Great buy Arka!

As you are modding the vehicle, will you retain the orignal size tyres,or go in for something like 12-20/12R20 found on the LPTA 713?

Will we see this in action during the July Mumbai OTR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 851629)
Amazing buy .. what a vehicle to have as a daily drive !! The restoration thread definitely is gonna be a 10 star thread ... also I wonder how you your hands on this , how much did you pay for it , do the laws allow for that to be driven around as a private vehicle , are these easy to find , etc etc ??
Cheers

Hi Khaadu75,

I paid little less than a lakh for the vehicle including the papers.

The 4W73 has been registered as a private (white board) and diesel engine.

The State Transport Corporation in TN is very accomodating ;)

Regards,

Arka

Tyre & other Mods.

The 4W73 has a single speed Transfer Case
The Gear ratios are

1) 6.4:1
2) 3:1
3) 1.5:1
4) 1:1

Transfer Case ratio - 1.5:1

Diff Ratio - 6.14:1

I plan to go for upsizes tyres after 4-5 years after 1 add a divorced/split 2 speed Transfer Case.

Why is it called 1 ton, when it is obviously above 2 tons?