Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 21:20   #361
Team-BHP Support

Skid plates/guard!

Oops i accidentally made this post in my thread this is for Harjeev & Gogi.
Gogi bhai picture of both the plates, let me know if you need from any other angles.

The oil sump guard
Attachment 333840

Attachment 333841

Transfer case guard
Attachment 333842

Attachment 333843
Attached Thumbnails
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img_1081.jpg  

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img_1082.jpg  

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img_1079.jpg  

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img_1080.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th April 2010 at 21:37.
Old 20th April 2010, 22:53   #362
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Gogi you may wish to consider free wheeling hubs to disengage the driveshafts upfront when not in 4wd
Old 20th June 2011, 03:10   #363
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!

Sorry for the long overdue updates guys.
Since the last post, the Cj has been in action in many Otrs, Recces for these Otr and small fun Otrs. Got the free wheeling hubs put and it makes a huge difference to the running of the CJ.

Got a classic OE Roll bar and top with doors from Tejas when he was replacing them with custom stuff on his Classic. Everything fits like a glove and let me tell you the importance of these two things one only realizes when one has borne the brunt of Rain and Slush.

The Cj is in the garage now undergoing tlc before the Examm and Akc take off this year. Some tweaks, some replacements, some enhancements. Its going to be accompanied by its other Army mate, my new buy, a MM550XD.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...d-vehicle.html

Will post some pics post enhancement soon.
Old 21st June 2011, 19:16   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Will post some pics post enhancement soon.
V-16 : Where are the pics?? You know without the pics these threads are really boring .
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:57   #365
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys here are the enhanced pics after the Roll bar and top were fixed. I know its almost a year since the additions were carried out.

Here are some action pics of the Cj3b in the last year, attempting many an obstacle in various otrs and i came back smiling every time, and learning more and more about the Jeep.

Cj3b in Action

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-dsc09865-800x600.jpg

These doors are a boon to keep you safe from the muck in a mud obstacle and rain when its pouring. A must have.

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-dsc09882-800x600.jpg

Enjoying nature

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-dsc09887-800x600.jpg

A dance anyone?!!!

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-ind-3.jpg

The OE classic roll bar and soft top fits like a glove

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-dsc09883-800x600.jpg

At home in any terrain

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-dsc09892-800x600.jpg

Its leaning but not flipping.

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-ind-1st-obstacle-4-800x600.jpg

Surefooted as a mountain goat but the NDMS have their drawbacks....sometimes!!

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-ind-up-1.jpg

A snorkel is a must for times like this

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-p6260372.jpg

Today, just a few hours ago, after i got some fuel in it and some air into the trusty NDMS.

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-02072011253.jpg

Will be posting more inside pics of the fixing of the Roll cage soon when the absolutely essential, Wurth under body seal is being sprayed.

Preparation for the AKC and Examm going on now.

Twinn i hope these pics took care of your boredom.

Last edited by V-16 : 2nd July 2011 at 20:04.
Old 6th July 2011, 01:18   #366
Senior - BHPian

Have been driving the CJ for a few days, daily now and am loving the feeling. Have discovered that there is a play in the front prop shaft that was causing a clanking sound when driven in speeds above 60kmph. Does anyone have an idea as to which present Jeeps front shaft will fit the Cj without any alteration? Also might fit a snorkel for the CJ too. Contemplating as yet.
Old 6th July 2011, 15:26   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Also might fit a snorkel for the CJ too. Contemplating as yet.
Dear Sir!

Please dont fit snorkel. It will mess up your classic RCL look. Also your distributor is far lower than any snorkel you can design.

Make the 550 your butch offroader and keep the CJ as the elegant stylish gentleman/lady. (are jeeps male or female?)
Old 6th July 2011, 16:05   #368
Team-BHP Support

Play at front prop shaft? Find out where exactly at the the joints or at the diff set? These can be corrected and you dont need to buy a whole prop shaft for this.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:44   #369
BHPian

If there is a play please check the universal joint and Yoke milling as well. Its better to replace all simultaneously. I had similar play in my jeep.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:45   #370
BHPian

What's the idea behind dividing the windshield mirror? is that how it originally came? or I have missed something? Please enlighten me!
Old 6th July 2011, 20:58   #371
Senior - BHPian

The front windscreen comes divided in the Rcl (recoiless) equipped Jeeps. These are Rcl guns which were mounted on these Jeeps and had the barrel of the gun protruding through the windscreen, between the driver and the passenger, hence the "U" shaped divider.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 11:18   #372
BHPian

Hi Gogi,

I like the larger size windscreen on the driver side. They are of the same/equal proportion on the Jonga.. a major blind spot is the centre with a small squarish window and the "U".

How have you sealed the "U" section in your jeep? Materials used?

Most importantly, is it removable?

Prasad
Old 7th July 2011, 11:29   #373
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea as to which present Jeeps front shaft will fit the Cj without any alteration?
Chances of finding a NOS front prop shaft are high as often these spares were never consumed. Finding the rear prop shaft is becoming difficult but you just might get lucky in Bombay.

Usually the wear on the prop shafts can remain at the universal joint level which can be corrected with a new joint which is easily available. The problem comes in when the yoke has worn out on the splines and causes a clicking sound. If you cannot find a NOS prop shaft your next best bet is a good used one which has splines with no damage. This is a prefered option as the prop shafts that come from the factory, new or used are any day more balanced than the last option.

If you cannot find a good used prop shaft then the last option is to replace with a new MSL made yoke. Mahindra sold them separately as a part. Here you need to cut out the old yoke from the pipe and re-weld the new yoke ensuring the alignment. A good machine shop will do this job for you. Balancing will be difficult to achieve I think. I would be wary of non MSL products as the quality is not that good. Also the yoke for the diesel Jeeps was different from that of the petrol Jeep, do always ask for petrol Jeep parts specifically.

In my case I found a new front prop shaft and installed a new MSL yoke. All univ joints were replaced with new ones

Last edited by DKG : 7th July 2011 at 11:33.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 13:12   #374
BHPian

Excellent thread indeed. What a detailed job you have done and full marks for keeping the jeep as original as possible.

Just a note, I am very surprised to see this thread does not have a 5 star rating. So come on guys lets get the votes in. i can see there are lots of followers. I guess everyone forgot to vote for it being distracted by the mouth watering pictures .
Old 7th July 2011, 15:35   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
Excellent thread indeed. What a detailed job you have done and full marks for keeping the jeep as original as possible.

Just a note, I am very surprised to see this thread does not have a 5 star rating. So come on guys lets get the votes in. i can see there are lots of followers. I guess everyone forgot to vote for it being distracted by the mouth watering pictures .
couldnot agree more - awesome thread and a lot of patience involved
and the jeep looks absolutely stunning....
I started reading it in the morning and could not leave it

voting it 5*
sach.sri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks