Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 16:06   #331
Senior - BHPian

A real WOW of a vehicle, congratulations on an excellent restoration
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Righto. I was referring to the vague driving position. I agree its more comgy that sitting in the Gypsy (ride wise) as one does tend to bounce along in a Gypsy giving one a feeling of near Zorbing.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:07   #332
Senior - BHPian

V-16
Please put 7.00 16 NDMS. Your vehicle will look killer!!
Old 5th April 2010, 17:30   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yippee, it came home this afternoon. Was too sunny to go for a drive instantly so waited till it was 5 ish. .

Let me tell you, no other car was noticed onthe road when the Jeep was passing by. ...

Congrats Gogi Bhai. Finally, dulhan ghaar aaa gaye

8th June 2008: You bought this jeep
5th April 2010: The jeep comes home

Wishing you many many happy miles of driving pleasure on the jeep & lots of ooogling pleasure also
Old 5th April 2010, 18:36   #334
Team-BHP Support

Wow Gogi let me say it again, she is looking just awesome. Love the way you have restored her to her former glory. 3 cheers to you and your team.

All that she needs is a set of new tires and some run in tweak's and then you can tease us with those offroad pics
Old 5th April 2010, 19:54   #335
BHPian

Quote:

Pics from yesterday, @ Behrambhai's house and one when he took the Jeep for a test spin.
@V-16: You gents were cruising around 5 gardens in an open top jeep getting looks from all the ladies? Born To Be Wild!
Old 5th April 2010, 20:45   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Mind blowing, Gogi Bhai your RCL Jeep is definitely a head turner

1. Your grille (RHS portion) looks a bit different, is it OK?
Thanks Spike. I cant spot what you mean. Could you pin point what exactly is the difference and how to rectify it too. Thanks

Quote:
2. When are you getting the Wipers fixed?
Soon. The vehicle came withour wipers or the motors. I was told by one and all that the wipers would sit on the top of the screen but the pic of an RCL says something else. Pl refer to the pics i have just posted prior to your post, i.e. along with my last post. Here one RCl is being towed away and it clearly shows that the small windscreen wiper is mounted at the low end of the glass as in in any other car and is not the suspended type as seen iusually in Jeeps. Could you tell me if this small screen wiper is hand operated or there is also a motor for this. Cause if there is another motor then one will have to calibrate and set the span of that motor to go almost just halfway the normal motor would, considering this side Glass is smaller in every way.

As soon as this is cleared, ill plonk the wipers.

Quote:
3. The LHS ORVM of your Jeep is tilted slightly more as compared to the RHS one?
Spike[/quote]

Kudos to you for noticing the smallest of all details. I felt it too, this all will be attended to when i send the Jeep to him again on the 15th. In the meanwhile, besides enjoying my ride, im jotting down things he has to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
A real WOW of a vehicle, congratulations on an excellent restoration
Thanks so very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
V-16
Please put 7.00 16 NDMS. Your vehicle will look killer!!
Im sure but i cant source them from anywhere. Perhaps you could help me? My 6:00- 16s should arrive in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Congrats Gogi Bhai.
Thanks Janaab Khan Bahadur Saheb!!

Quote:
Finally, dulhan ghaar aaa gaye

8th June 2008: You bought this jeep
5th April 2010: The jeep comes home
Its been a long courtship period i must say.

Quote:
Wishing you many many happy miles of driving pleasure on the jeep & lots of ooogling pleasure also
Thanks sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Wow Gogi let me say it again, she is looking just awesome. Love the way you have restored her to her former glory. 3 cheers to you and your team.

All that she needs is a set of new tires and some run in tweak's and then you can tease us with those offroad pics
You bet. I have just sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
@V-16: You gents were cruising around 5 gardens in an open top jeep getting looks from all the ladies? Born To Be Wild!
You bet. Imagine a Bawa and a Surd together, thats an OTR already and a wild combination at the least.

Last edited by V-16 : 5th April 2010 at 20:48.
Old 6th April 2010, 01:43   #337
Senior - BHPian

Visited Atlas motors yet again. Im getting to be a regular feature there. the guys at the counter are getting friendlier with every visit 9or they must be laughing at me under the friendly smile guise saying "Here comes that moron again...Jeep ka bahut showk tha na??...Aur Jeep chalao!!"

Seriously they offer me tea, water etc whenever im there. The owner was always friendly from day1. Showed him pics of my Cj on my cell. Then asked him if by any chance he would be stocking any Petrol engined CJ 8.5" clutch plates. He jumped into his room and appeared with a smile on his face. "Only for you sir. I knew you would want this some day." I could not remember if i wanted anything else so i came off with a set of (4pcs) centre wheel hubs. I had noticed the rear ones were missing, so i bought all four.

Tomorrow (if im not going to Vapi for the afternoon) i shall get the clutch plate replaced and get all oils checked. I also hope to get my MRF NDMS tyres delivered to me tomorrow.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:53   #338
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa! Don't know how I missed this update on the Jeeps restoration...a labour of love. Congratulations Gogi, your Jeep looks like a true Classic (pun intended ). I especially like how you've maintained the original look.

When do we go offroading then?
Old 6th April 2010, 18:13   #339
Senior - BHPian

V-16,
A beautiful restoration!
Very tastefully done, just one advice...find the indicator switch which comes on the dashboard similar to the black out lamp switch and get rid of the control lever on the steering column.
Sir Behram's face tell it all and one does not need to say more about the Jeep, it makes a statement by itself.
I understand and identify with the "here comes the moron" look on the retailers face.
Again a job very well done.
Regards,
Old 6th April 2010, 19:33   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kudos to you for noticing the smallest of all details. I felt it too, this all will be attended to when i send the Jeep to him again on the 15th. In the meanwhile, besides enjoying my ride, im jotting down things he has to fix.

Thanks so very much.

Im sure but i cant source them from anywhere. Perhaps you could help me? My 6:00- 16s should arrive in a day or two.

Thanks Janaab Khan Bahadur Saheb!!

Its been a long courtship period i must say.

Thanks sir.

You bet. I have just sent you a PM.

You bet. Imagine a Bawa and a Surd together, thats an OTR already and a wild combination at the least.
Gogi ji, Sat sri akal,I had visited the garage at mahim on some two weeks back and was impressed by the workmanship of the guy who did the job and it was in the afternoon time, one of them told me that you will be visiting the garage any time,but I had to visit my doctor thats how I missed meeting you personnally, now the wipers are electrical ones or vaccume operated because I have seen on many jeeps , they have small pipes running from both wiper blade mechanism to wards engine compartment, please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th April 2010 at 16:19. Reason: Fixing quotes. Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 19:45   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Spike. I cant spot what you mean. Could you pin point what exactly is the difference and how to rectify it too.

Could you tell me if this small screen wiper is hand operated or there is also a motor for this.

Kudos to you for noticing the smallest of all details. I felt it too,
I felt the LH and RH sides do not look similar, attaching a pic for this.

Gogi bhai, effective with chassis No. 54103, electrical windshield wiper motor was introduced in Jeeps so if your Jeep was from a prior batch then the possibility of an electric wiper is less. What is the manufacturing year of your Jeep?

Spike

P.S. I am not a Jeep guru, Gurus please correct me if I am wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-gogis-jeep.jpg  

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 6th April 2010 at 19:50.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:08   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Your grille (RHS portion) looks a bit different, is it OK?
Spike,

That projection on the RHS Fender is for the Steering Bell-Crank Top Arm. i.e to access it.

Regards,

Arka
Old 7th April 2010, 15:45   #343
BHPian

Congrats V-16. Beautiful work done. I can so relate to the beauty of the petrol engined jeep. I learnt driving on one in the tea gardens when I was 13, barely could reach the pedals then. It was a beautiful Mahindra and will always remember it.

I absolutely love the way you have done up the CJ3B. I am in awe. Hopefully I will be able to replicate something similar. I have always wanted a jeep in this colour with all the works like BO lamps, axe head, shovel, etc. Looking forward to seeing the fully completed product. Must come and check it out next time I am in Bombay. Do let me know if that will be possible.

All the best with it and I hope you have a very pleasant ownership experience.

Regards,
Rishi

Last edited by sarmarishi : 7th April 2010 at 15:47.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:41   #344
BHPian

Also, though that I will update everyone of the old school jeeps I came across a few days back in Bangalore. In total 6 of them. All owned by the owner Embassy Golf Links in Bangalore and parked in the pay and park lot as well as the parking for Mysis. 2 of them that were clearly in view were the original war era Willy's and a war era Ford jeep. They are beautiful. I will try to take some snaps and upload soon.

Does anyone know who this guys is or has seen the rest of his collection?
Old 10th April 2010, 17:22   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whoa! Don't know how I missed this update on the Jeeps restoration...a labour of love. Congratulations Gogi, your Jeep looks like a true Classic (pun intended ). I especially like how you've maintained the original look.
Thanks Mate. I hate Kitschy stuff so i decided against the shovel and stuff, though i think that will be necessary during OTRs

Quote:
When do we go offroading then?
Im ready to roll whenever. This week unfortunately you are away but next time for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
V-16,
A beautiful restoration!
Very tastefully done, just one advice...find the indicator switch which comes on the dashboard similar to the black out lamp switch and get rid of the control lever on the steering column.
Sir Behram's face tell it all and one does not need to say more about the Jeep, it makes a statement by itself.
I understand and identify with the "here comes the moron" look on the retailers face.
Again a job very well done.
Regards,
Thanks Fazal bhai!! I did think of getting that kind of indicator switch but as id save that for a vintage/classic project. This being a 1981.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Gogi ji, Sat sri akal,I had visited the garage at mahim on some two weeks back and was impressed by the workmanship of the guy who did the job and it was in the afternoon time, one of them told me that you will be visiting the garage any time,but I had to visit my doctor thats how I missed meeting you personnally, now the wipers are electrical ones or vaccume operated because I have seen on many jeeps , they have small pipes running from both wiper blade mechanism to wards engine compartment, please correct me if I am wrong.
Sat Sri Akal Veerji. I do spend a lot of time in that garage. Those guys are really good and they also go out of the way to do things for me. Please let me know when you are around next time, would love to meet up with you.
I cannot correct you as i am a total newbie as regards to Jeeps. Looking for guidance always myself

Quote:
I felt the LH and RH sides do not look similar, attaching a pic for this.
Spike

Ah ok thats what you meant. I was looking at the upper grille literally and could not figure what you meant. Thankfully we have knowledgeable guys like Arka who can always save the day. Jeep Encyclopedia Arka!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Spike,

That projection on the RHS Fender is for the Steering Bell-Crank Top Arm. i.e to access it.

Regards,

Arka
Thanks Arka for the reply, learnt something more about the Jeep today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR

Gogi bhai, effective with chassis No. 54103, electrical windshield wiper motor was introduced in Jeeps so if your Jeep was from a prior batch then the possibility of an electric wiper is less. What is the manufacturing year of your Jeep?
Spike
My jeep says 1981 on the year of manufacture. What would it have then, electric or vaccum operated. Where can i find these motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Congrats V-16. Beautiful work done. I can so relate to the beauty of the petrol engined jeep. I learnt driving on one in the tea gardens when I was 13, barely could reach the pedals then. It was a beautiful Mahindra and will always remember it.

I absolutely love the way you have done up the CJ3B. I am in awe. Hopefully I will be able to replicate something similar. I have always wanted a jeep in this colour with all the works like BO lamps, axe head, shovel, etc. Looking forward to seeing the fully completed product. Must come and check it out next time I am in Bombay. Do let me know if that will be possible.

All the best with it and I hope you have a very pleasant ownership experience.

Regards,
Rishi
Thanks Rishi. Please let me know when you come here. Would love to meet you.

Got four newMRF 6:00 X 16:00 NDMS tyres today. Fifth one is coming in a weeks time so in the meanwhile have retained one from the last lot i had. Two were remoulded so they had to go and the tyre guy suggested that this one is the best of the lot. Got them for 3000/- each including tube etc etc. He waived off the balancing and alignment charges against the old three tyres that the jeep had.

Heres the pics of the Jeep getting its new shoes, for the OTR tomorrow at Alibaug.

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00422201004111531.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00424201004111540.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00426201004111541.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00430201004111552.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00432201004111553.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00434201004111554.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00433201004111553.jpg

The CJs missing the original Skid plates. Can someone point out and mark, where the skid plates would be fitted originally?

A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00427201004111543.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00428201004111543.jpg
A Jeep At Last. Now What??!!-img00429201004111543.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks