Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2008, 04:51   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Didn't realize that there were three different suspension types. I thought only the original leafspring and later coil spring set up was all they had.
Hello, Addict! There are only 2 that I know of but the newer coil set up includes torsion bars and what they call "multi-link". It looks a little fragile to me when I actually see one. See the site below: click on "About Scorpio" and then under that "Specifications"

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio ::
Old 13th July 2008, 10:39   #62
Senior - BHPian

yes, you are right about that dirty dan. but even the CRDE had the torsion bars and they have stood the abuse well, believe me.
Old 13th July 2008, 13:12   #63
BHPian

I may be wrong ... perhaps the 4x4 Gurus like Arka or Behram Dhabhar may clarify ... but my 2 paisas :

Mahindra's Scorpio website is wrong when it describes the rear suspesnsion as follows = 4WD Independent, Torsion Bar, Multilink, Coil Spring

Generally speaking, a coil spring multi-link REAR live axle does NOT use torsion bars. The 5 links (4 longitudinal and 1 lateral) are used to LOCATE the axle and are NOT to provide compliance by way of suspension duties ... that's the job of the coil springs.

Afaik, the front uses torsion bars, on the 4x4 Scorpio.

Over to the Gurus ...

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 13th July 2008, 17:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
I may be wrong ... perhaps the 4x4 Gurus like Arka or Behram Dhabhar may clarify ... but my 2 paisas :

Mahindra's Scorpio website is wrong when it describes the rear suspesnsion as follows = 4WD Independent, Torsion Bar, Multilink, Coil Spring

Generally speaking, a coil spring multi-link REAR live axle does NOT use torsion bars. The 5 links (4 longitudinal and 1 lateral) are used to LOCATE the axle and are NOT to provide compliance by way of suspension duties ... that's the job of the coil springs.

Afaik, the front uses torsion bars, on the 4x4 Scorpio.

Over to the Gurus ...

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Hmmm...maybe. Clearly some of those pipe looking things are what I have always been told are "radial arm bushings" and their purpose is to prevent the rear axle from moving toward the front or rear of the vehicle. These are what look fragile to me, I can see rocks and ridges on a rough surface possible snapping these right off.
Old 1st November 2010, 08:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this video, so sharing it here -

YouTube - mahindragreatescape's Channel

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st November 2010 at 08:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks