Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 12:56   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Yeah, the M&M dealerships up here in H.P. echo the same attitude. They do not want the work, they are not interested and they will lie right in your face about all manner of points of fact of sales and service. It is no small wonder that the Japanese have taken a large chunk of M&M turf over the years.
Thats cause the attitude with these guys is that they are indispensible.
If this continues. Gold alone know whats going to happen to M&M.
Old 11th September 2009, 12:14   #167
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Jeep just got back from her annual service. She was checked inside out, all lubricants have been changed, niggles attended to and is back as good as new.

1. A major replacement was the bent cross member. Don't ask how.

Mahindra Classic 4x4. 2.5 Liter Diesel. Back on the road!-moto_0597.jpg

2. The front left brake pad needed replacement as the LHS got jammed after offroading. Best to change both pads at the same time.

3. Headlamps shorted, thanks to a water drive through!

4. Radiator was removed and cleant. Apparently had a couple of kilos of muck in it.

5. Plastic doors = new hinges & alignment.

6. The gear & differential oils didn't need a change, but I figured its best to go ahead with a clean fill, when you consider the stress on the tranny components. Innumerable offroad excursions running primarily in low ratio.

13 grand is not a bad annual service bill (still more than the OHC Vtec's though).

Mahindra Classic 4x4. 2.5 Liter Diesel. Back on the road!-milestone.jpg
Old 11th September 2009, 13:09   #168
Senior - BHPian

Cross member is only 582rs? Mine is slightly dented from all years of abuse, but still has life. But 750 to replace it (foundation?) hmm...

Is the 1595Rs the brake pads set?
Old 11th September 2009, 13:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

This is much cheaper that what I was ripped off in Mayapuri
I had to buy the cross member for 1000 bucks and paid a whooping 2000 for the replacement!!!
Can you imagine. Almost two and a half times the price what GTO paid. Plus the workmanship at an authorized place can't be beaten!!!
Mine was the front cross member though but that shouldn't make such a huge difference!!!
Old 12th September 2009, 10:41   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Harjeev - in our work process, we have what is known as a "lessons learnt" session. In this case, the lesson learnt is - NO MORE MAYAPURI.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 12th September 2009, 18:09   #171
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Cross member is only 582rs?
Can't beat factory parts coming at a reasonable price!

Quote:
But 750 to replace it (foundation?) hmm...
Well, it's an authorised service station hence the charge will always be at a premium versus outside jobs. Yet, on the positive side, what I'm getting is:

- Personal attention from the bossman at Milestone
- Guaranteed genuine parts & ready availability
- Guaranteed high quality of labour

My Jeeps been going to Milestone since '98 when it first opened up. Plus, it is on the road today only thanks to Ferdi. They make the ownership experience of a 12 year old discontinued model extremely easy. I don't think I'd have the time for her upkeep otherwise.

13 grand is not bad when you consider the 20+ offroad trips of the past one year. Some of them were really harsh on the Jeep.

Quote:
Is the 1595Rs the brake pads set?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
This is much cheaper that what I was ripped off in Mayapuri
All to do with systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Harjeev - in our work process, we have what is known as a "lessons learnt" session. In this case, the lesson learnt is - NO MORE MAYAPURI.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Rightly said, Behram. Thanks to you guys for doing such a great job in supporting discontinued vehicles too. Your office even supplied me a brand new engine when my Jeep was in dire need of the same. That's customer service, that's customer confidence!
Old 13th September 2009, 00:20   #172
Senior - BHPian

^^^
nearly 5000 for labor. That a lot, I guess its mumbai and its an authorised service centre.
Old 16th September 2009, 01:19   #173
BHPian

5k is expensive yes but the way things are in Bombay its ok specially if the work done is spot on.

Do any of you guys work on it your self or always take it to the shop to fix ?

By the way i thought the classic is still in production. Correct me if i am wrong

Cheers
Old 16th September 2009, 13:09   #174
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
^^^
nearly 5000 for labor. That a lot, I guess its mumbai and its an authorised service centre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
5k is expensive yes but the way things are in Bombay its ok specially if the work done is spot on.
Price I pay for peace of the mind, convenience and top notch quality of work.

Quote:
Do any of you guys work on it your self or always take it to the shop to fix ?
Mostly the workshop.

Quote:
By the way i thought the classic is still in production. Correct me if i am wrong
Nope, production ended about a decade back.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:34   #175
BHPian

M&M Service Bangalore.

Sigh!!! We do not have such a place in B'lore. Delhi and Mumbai Jeepers are extremely lucky in this regard. I have had very bad experience from Vijay Auto. They have taken off all the shims and tightened the kingpin to max. As a result, my kingpin bearing had become powder after an OTR. I called then up for the next service and i have been told that they no more service MM550s and 540s. And advised me to contact India Garage. Now these guys has lot of A.S.S inside the city, But only for Flashy Scorps, Logans and Boleros. Who cares for silly old school Jeeps. They were staring at me when i took the Jeep to India Garage. They advised me to go to "Hessergatta" which is 50KM outside Bangalore where they do service for their commercial vehicles. What a discrimination!!! Krisha (kittigadu) got his jeep serviced from there and he is not happy. Only thing what we can make sure is, use genuine spare parts. I recently was struggling for an electronic oil pressure switch which is connected to oil pressure gauge. Luckily got it from the fifth shop after a day long search under scorching sun (450 INR). And still struggling to get a thermostat for XD3P. Behram sir are u listening? Your mails are bouncing back and PMs are not answered

Thanks
--Sree--

Last edited by sreerajunnithan : 16th September 2009 at 13:41.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:37   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Sigh!!! We do not have such a place in B'lore. Delhi and Mumbai Jeepers are extremely lucky in this regard. I have had very bad experience from Vijay Auto. They have taken off all the shims and tightened the kingpin to max. As a result, my kingpin bearing had become powder after an OTR. I called then up for the next service and i have been told that they no more service MM550s and 540s. And advised me to contact India Garage. Now these guys has lot of A.S.S inside the city, But only for Flashy Scorps, Logans and Boleros. Who cares for silly old school Jeeps. They were staring at me when i took the Jeep to India Garage. They advised me to go to "Hessergatta" which is 50KM outside Bangalore where they do service for their commercial vehicles. What a discrimination!!! Krisha (kittigadu) got his jeep serviced from there and he is not happy. Only thing what we can make sure is, use genuine spare parts. I recently was struggling for an electronic oil pressure switch which is connected to oil pressure gauge. Luckily got it from the fifth shop after a day long search under scorching sun (450 INR). And still struggling to get a thermostat for XD3P. Behram sir are u listening? Your mails are bouncing back and PMs are not answered

Thanks
--Sree--
Sree, INDIA garage doesn't have a competant mechanics/supervisors. It is the same case with VIJAI Auto. When ever you land up there, you will get a feeling as if Each supervisor who attends your vehicle has some target to achieve per vehicle hence you will be meeting a business man. You know what will be the target. Forget about MM540/550, as they dont know how to reach their targets on these vehicles. hence they will not service your vehicle. I have personally experinced with my dad's scorpio. just a clutch plate was worn out completely. you know they wanted to change the whole clutch assembly including clutch pedal. And the last part of the business was ECM flashing for a clutch change. I asked them what exactly are you guys changing in an ECU. he said "dataset". I asked why do you want to change it. he said "M&M has told us to do it for a clutch change". hmm i came back and checked the dataset for clutch component at my work place, and there were no such changes required.
Charges for Dataset flashing: 600 bucks!!

Last edited by star_aqua : 16th September 2009 at 14:41.
Old 16th September 2009, 18:03   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Price I pay for peace of the mind, convenience and top notch quality of work.
I totally agree with GTO here!!! 5K is a very small price to pay for piece of mind. If anyone has any doubts with the price spent, just have a look at my thread. I am 3.20Lacs and counting. And the most frustrating thing is that parts that were changed/ replaced at unauthorised places have gone kaput in just under 2k kms and are being changed/ replaced again!!!
The biggest consolation I have is that now the work is being done at the right place and the right time and under the supervision & guidance of one of the most competent person in India.

So I have mentioned this countless times and say again
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY & THATS THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Happy jeeping!!!
Old 16th September 2009, 18:25   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
So I have mentioned this countless times and say again
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY & THATS THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Happy jeeping!!!
Depends on how many of us are actually having the benefit of this "RIGHT WAY" . I wouldn't even think twice to go to a A.S.S if we have one here. Not bothered about money, as long as we are provided the same expertise and supervision that you guys are enjoying. I envy you guys....

PS: Heard that you are keeping the ranger. Good decision

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 16th September 2009, 18:38   #179
Team-BHP Support

I have been giving my Jeep to Mahindra workshop in Udupi since a year now. By now they understand the offroad needs of the Jeep and never put non-Mahindra parts. I must say it receives better attention than Scorpios because of the ice-candy nature of CJ340. Today when I gave it for post-offroad service, the SA wanted to know the water fording depth and duration I encountered so that he can access the damage to oil seals.
Old 16th September 2009, 19:07   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram Bhai.

I would agree to go with oe Mahindra parts, especially coz they are not at all expensive.

The labour is the price you pay, as GTO said for peace of mind and top notch work by experts, i.e. guys who dont need to learn from you but know all there is to know about your vehicle.

My Cj is going to the same M&M guy GTO's Jeep has been to after the restoration process is taken care of, for final checking and rectifying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks