Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2008, 01:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rushab on your RUSH ! It is certainly looking to be in its element. Looks like a true offroader and a great project.
Old 20th July 2008, 01:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

congratulations GTO, its really wonderful to see such passion and love you have for the Jeep. I wish you endless fun and miles of enjoyment in your beautiful vehicle.
Old 20th July 2008, 02:33   #33
BHPian

Excellent Rebuild GTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
congratulations! why didn't you go for a TCed one instead of NA one?
Why didn't you indeed ? Was it because of the linear delivery in the NA Engine ?
Old 20th July 2008, 05:38   #34
BHPian

Excellent review, awesome rebuild, true, respectable and highly comendable love for the Jeep GTO. You are a true enthusiast for the Jeep and man oh man! do i want a Jeep now!!
Old 20th July 2008, 06:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic job! I am sure this is a lot more exciting than buying a new car. Is is still on the original paint?

PS: couldn't help notice that both yours and Ferdi's Jeeps have the same 3 spoke wheels.
Old 20th July 2008, 07:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Lovely. Inspiring and truly enthusiasm filled. Your love for your jeep reallly shines through.
Old 20th July 2008, 08:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

insurance

GTO, on a restored or modded vehicle such as yours how do you handle the insurance? You now have a vehicle that is worth far more than the average market value of your vehicle. Can you get it covered for the amount of money you have put into it?
Old 20th July 2008, 20:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO,

Congratulations on your Classic revival!! Looks awsome. XD3p engine is very good for such a small and light vehicle and also a straight fit. The placement of the air cleaner is interesting:-) May be even i can try for going to paper type filter for my 2.1 litre unit.

XD 3p might be a special engine. May be Mr. Dhabar can say why mahindra still offers it on 4wd model only in bolero. Also why is that army XDB's have them considering they dont have turbo for high altitudes?

GTO, which gearbox did u use with 1.8 isuzu petrol?

Wish you many more zillion of miles with your classic. :-)
vinod_nookala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2008, 22:06   #39
DKG
Senior - BHPian

When someone puts in a great deal of effort into doing up a car invariably the car is more a reflection of that person. That Jeep is you GTO and will always remain a treasured steed in your garage.

Wishing you all the fun offroad. And safe driving!
Old 20th July 2008, 23:24   #40
Burnout master

Really nice work done.....GTO u r a true jeeper.....i salute you.....

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Initial Impressions: I drove about 80 kms in the last 24 hours, and the Jeep feels tight. The 2.5 diesel is quieter than the 2.1, especially on the outside. It feels peppier, but I can’t comment further as the running-in period is restricting me to 2,000 rpms. Everything works exactly the way it is supposed to...no issues whatsoever. Another couple of hundred kms and offroading season begins!!

No overheating with the air-con on too! The drive from home to work is about 12 kms. Temperature gauge is stuck at 80 down my office. Even in bumper to bumper traffic, it doesn't go over 85 degrees. And I still have to perfect the radiator cowl!

Attachment 30458

I am just really really happy to have my Jeep back.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st July 2008 at 00:24. Reason: See note.

Old 21st July 2008, 01:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Hi GTO,

XD 3p might be a special engine. May be Mr. Dhabar can say why mahindra still offers it on 4wd model only in bolero. Also why is that army XDB's have them considering they dont have turbo for high altitudes?
This is an interesting comment. Can you expound on this? I would like to know what you are trying to get at.
Thanks,
Old 21st July 2008, 01:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Another thing I just forgot to post earlier.

The jeep has been done up perfect, just the way your sig says, just the sensible way you run tbhp. Impressive in one word.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:13   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO, that's a impeccable 'restoration' project on your CL340. Amazing.

BTW, since you have replaced rear diff/axles, did you put in LSD capable ones or are they stock?

Recently have been hearing of few Classics putting on LSD's.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:17   #44
BHPian

Amazing restoration project of the Classic, This one vehicle which I like very much. Very good narration and nice writeup.
Old 21st July 2008, 10:25   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the awesome support and comments, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
if you do not drive it every day just start it for couple of minutes everyday in runningin period,
Hi, it will be driven atleast 4 times a week on a regular basis. I can tell you that the C & the Vtec will experience a drastic reduction in their monthly miles.

Quote:
You should get the body work done,at least a paint job.
Agreed. Probably get the body work done next year sometime. As stated earlier, I live right on the beach and rust is my Jeep's biggest enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
GTO, do you have power steering or is that just a nice after market steering wheel I see? Or is it original?
Thats an original Classic steering wheel. In fact, its the one I have since 1997! Biceps are the only source of its power

Quote:
When you buy a brand new motor does the peripheral stuff come with it...alternator, water pump etc or do you have to order that separate?
Mahindra delivered mine with all peripherals except for the air-filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
GTO,

Good job on the Jeep! That's the way a Jeep should be overhauled. It is ready for at least another 100k km.
You hit the nail right on the head! Thats exactly what I wanted, mechanical reliability for the next 100K's. Considering my Peugeot 2.1 lasted for well over that, I see this as a strong possibility. We have either changed or overhauled every bit of its mechanical structure.

Quote:
That has to be one of the nicest examples in the country of the CJ3B.
Right after your red monster, Gaurav. Right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I sincerely hope that M&M will relaunch a limited edition version of the classic once more. They were in production even in 2000, but were meant for export only.
Are you sure about that? AFAIK, Mahindra ceased production of the Classic in 1997 - 1998.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
congratulations! why didn't you go for a TCed one instead of NA one?
After the strong recommendations I received for the Bolero 2.5, I didn't want to consider any other. And I guess, the turbo-charged options are only on the DI engines?

This engine is very similar to the 2.1 XDP. Great low end torque and equally robust, if not more. In fact, I think they are from the same family. The sound is so similar as you climb up the revvs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The Chennai Jeepers are glad we could do our 2 cents...
I owe you guys one! Its advice from the three of you that helped me zero in on this engine. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Ahh it looks like all the rebuilds are coming out of the workshops this month!

Congrats Rush and here's wishing you many more miles off the road!
Thanks Steer! Good luck with your LandMaster too. I see that it rolled out of the garage last weekend too. How about a picture of your car with your Dad?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks