Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Reading the restoration jobs done by many on this forum is certainly inspiring. This may lead one to think that even i can pull it off. But be warned that picking up scrap and restoring it is not all that easy and certainly not everyones tea. Passion and expertise permitting(which you will certainly find on this forum) you have to spend time and have the motivation to keep up with the job.
IMHO You are better off buying something thats already in running condition or even close to it and has legal papers and then doing it up slowly as your time and finances permit.

goodluck.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 2nd August 2008 at 11:16.
Old 2nd August 2008, 15:01   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You are correct, these Jeeps aren't capable of handling 110+ horses! Their crude suspension & vague steering makes them suited to 80 - 90 kph cruising at best.

Either the XDP or XD3P will suit your purpose just fine.
Old 26th September 2014, 13:22   #18

Re: Scrap Jeep + Engine - Advice needed

Bumping up this thread. I am in need of advice from the Jeep Guru's out here in realtion to 2006 MM 550 NGCS with xd3p engine, 5+1 NGT 520 in working conditions the seller claims to have done the mechanical& electrical work. Asking price is 2.70 lakh+ registration cost of approx 25k. The jeep needs a fresh coat of paint and new rubber. Being a complete novice about 4x4 and jeeps in general what do i need to look out for in the vehicle before finalizing and what would be current market rate of a 2006 NGCS.

PS: The vehicle will not be my daily driver and will be used on weekends and occasionally for OTR's once i get a hang of it(never driven a jeep before). The Thar although guarantees peace of mind on the reliability front is out of question due to cost for a weekend vehicle.
Old 26th September 2014, 13:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
Bumping up this thread. I am in need of advice from the Jeep Guru's out here in realtion to 2006 MM 550 NGCS with xd3p engine, 5+1 NGT 520 in working conditions the seller claims to have done the mechanical& electrical work. Asking price is 2.70 lakh+ registration cost of approx 25k. The jeep needs a fresh coat of paint and new rubber. Being a complete novice about 4x4 and jeeps in general what do i need to look out for in the vehicle before finalizing and what would be current market rate of a 2006 NGCS.
Dear wrenchmonkee,
If mechanicals & electricals are actually good as claimed by seller
then you need to spend probably 30-40 K for paint (it includes removing body, scrapping old paint, new rust coating, paint clear coat etc), 10K for seats, 5K for hood, 20 to 60 K for tyres (excluding rims).
Registration should cost you around 35 K (including agent commission etc)
As its an army auctioned vehicle please ensure everything is there as claimed by seller. these vehicles always give you surprises....

Market rate of 2006 NGCS depends on which part of country you buy it from. up north you can get them for as low as 1.5 to 2 Lacs. Whereas west and south indian market may demand your Kidney in return of a run down 2006 NGCS.

Shubhendra
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 15:04   #20

Hi Shubhendra,
Thanks a lot for the heads up. Can you let me know any places to check out in Pune before I go to Jabalpur to check out the 06 NGCS i was talking about.
Old 28th September 2014, 01:41   #21

[quote=Shubhendra;

Market rate of 2006 NGCS depends on which part of country you buy it from. up north you can get them for as low as 1.5 to 2 Lacs. Whereas west and south indian market may demand your Kidney in return of a run down 2006 NGCS.

Shubhendra[/QUOTE]

In Pune they are demanding a kidney and liver. Just got a quote of 3.2 lakh for a 2005 NGCS which is not even in a working condition + 40 thousand for registration. Not worth it at all. Have almost finalised to get the ngcs from Jabalpur atleast I am getting it in working condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks