Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 12:52   #16
BHPian

Did anybody notice the Bolero's "snorkel" with the Mahindra logo on top? Looks funny.
Also, the side flares look funny...at least in the picture.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:45   #17
BHPian

The Classic is NOT back, the overpriced pimped up major is based on the MWB chassis, not the Classic CJ3B SWB.
Old 31st July 2008, 13:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Classic back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow! Finally an offroader's dream. A real 4WD offroader that can be bought new. But at what price? The regular Major is 6.5L on-road in Karnataka, this customisation might push it all the way across 8L into Gurkha territory. But Gurkha has BSIII engine, diff locks, AC and Power steering for that price, this one doesn't have any of those.

This is a killer product no doubt, but the price might kill it.

Is Major 6.5 lakhs on road, very expensive i must say! 2 lakhs adding to it is 8 lakhs...not value for money without BS III engine (we cannot register it in metros) P/S & diff locks or even a winch!! (I thought Gurkha was expensive!)

It is not that classic is back, even we could buy a new major and modify it....sad SWB original classic is not back.

I would have been happy instead of pimped job they should have offered diff lock, P/s, winch and off road sand master tyres. Imagine this...Come on mahindra give us something what we cannot do it on our own!!
Old 31st July 2008, 14:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Classic OEm spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Someone beat me to it. Looks good.

Classic Owners rejoice - we get the parts now.
No, You will still not get the parts!!!
Old 31st July 2008, 14:06   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
No, You will still not get the parts!!!
Why not?

- Spitfire
Old 31st July 2008, 17:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

this is good news that home started displaying other vehicles than the scorpio.

well i think this is agood start by M&M to offer these customised vehicles to the public. few factors will determine the sales figures if commercial benefit is what M&M is looking for.

the biggest factor will be the PRICE of these 4x4 to the public.
the fit and finish will also make a difference.
hardcore 4x4 offroadies dont go for shape and colour finish, but the actual performance of the vehicle matters.

i agree with GTO when he says "For those looking at a 4x4 between 3 - 5 lakhs, a used Jeep + rebuild is still the best option. In my opinion, its more enjoyable too. A rebuild & customisation experience is to be cherished."

i m afraid that price might kill a good product from mahindra.

i have asked M&M customization department, "dont their guys go on internet to explore how JEEP is customizes in yankee land and to get some decent looking ideas to offere in M&M vehicles in India?" NO REPLY YET!

they have not mentioned the specification and technical features of the vehicles offered on the website!

the following features mentioned on the website can always be done at a decent workshop in a city like delhi, eg Pandit & Co, etc!

Color co-ordinated interiors
Custom made dash board assembly with circular A/C vents
Customized door trim pads with map pockets & bottle holders
Upholstery in leather & suede combination
Custom floor carpeting & floor matts
Customized roof lining
Custom made pillar trims
MP3 player with speakers
Custom painted interiors

im still waiting for M&M to offere Bolero Commando through this website, i have high hopes on it as im excited by seeing Inspire and Major!

hey the name "Inspire" will not come in conflict with new honda accord inspire variant?
Old 31st July 2008, 17:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not?

- Spitfire
Because Mahindra Major is not a classic Iam sure u know that neither the engine nor the parts like drive shafts axles are made that were unique to SWB. also i think specific parts like dash board, canopy etc etc are difficuilt to find. Many parts are not interchangeable either.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

hey if any one see these vehciles in person, please take photos and post them along their views on these two....inspire and major, well include bolero also.

i think M&M is coming in with a new bolero, thats why they offered bolero limited edition to get some sales!!

major comes without a power steering?

hey when i clicked on inspira (my mistake to read it as inspire, apology for the comment in my previous reply) it showed "Bolero Commando" as an option along with few options of scorpio based concepts, but it didnt open up!

all these concept done by DC or inhouse designer of M&M?

under the Inspira option i saw the following photos:

1. scorpio adventure
2. scorpio passion
3. bolero inspira
4. scorpio CEO
5. commando
6. scorpio platoon

home

please try this link and check if you see what i saw about these 6 vehicles!

Last edited by Samurai : 31st July 2008 at 17:26.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:21   #24
NIP
Senior - BHPian

6.5 lakhs ?!!! thats robbery ! last i checked (couple of yrs ago) at India Garage, Bangy, the price of the major was 4.7 lakhs OTR. i recently heard from someone that the price is pretty much the same. need to check on this.

gurus, say even at 5L OTR, do you think the new major is worth buying !? it'll be more fun customizing it the way i want, rather than a 'salon' job by M&M.
Old 31st July 2008, 17:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

if the price is 5-5.5 lakhs, im in the game for major/inspira.

cheers:
Old 31st July 2008, 17:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

for last half an hour im on the MM website to drool over the inspira and major and comparing them with each other.

inspira has a big over hang at the rear compared to the major. i think still MM needs to make some changes on both these models. why dont MM consult or take feed back from actual 4x4 offroadies regarding these models, since these will be bought mainly by offroadies?

sometimes i think these are done half heartedly by some pencil and paper pusher, like the babus we have in indian govt who buy stuff for indian military without consulting the end user!!

anyway lets see what response we get for these vehicles.

cheers:
Old 31st July 2008, 18:55   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Because Mahindra Major is not a classic Iam sure u know that neither the engine nor the parts like drive shafts axles are made that were unique to SWB. also i think specific parts like dash board, canopy etc etc are difficuilt to find. Many parts are not interchangeable either.
Yeah what a downer

Maybe looking at that bull bar got me excited. Yeah i know the mechanical parts are not the same. I was hoping the canopy would be the same. This is sad. But would they have given us only the parts we need? Dont thnik so.
Old 31st July 2008, 18:57   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
im still waiting for M&M to offere Bolero Commando
I know someone who did get one. I will try and get details. Its the new shape Bolero though.
Old 31st July 2008, 19:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know someone who did get one. I will try and get details. Its the new shape Bolero though.
please get some photos of it also....just 3 photos. front, rear and interior.

waiting eagerly for your report....cause i have high hopes on commando, other wise im making a jeep with army 550!

cheers:
Old 31st July 2008, 19:31   #30
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if this JEEP is SWB or Orignal CL550 Wheelbase with Frills and add ons

Most Viewed