Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 19:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

I got this email reply from M&M regarding the Inspira vehicle

Dear Sir,
It gives us great pleasure to bring to you the - "Bolero Inspira Concept". The "Bolero Inspira Concept" is an open top off-road concept on the Mahindra Invader platform.

Request you to kindly note the attachment for the images of the "Bolero Inspira" Concept.

About the Concept:
Bolero Inspira concept is an open top off-road concept on the Mahindra Invader platform. The Customers can select from either the 2WD version or the 4WD version depending on their application. This concept provides you with that youthful, adventure & fun loving off-roading experience.
As one drives through the streets or the hilly terrain, one encounters the nature in its true spirit with the fresh air flowing through your hair, a true to nature experience.

"Bolero Inspira" Concept is built on the Bolero Invader platform. The base vehicle - Bolero Invader is powered by the most efficient & trustable MDI TC 63hp engine. You could select your base vehicle to be either a 2WD or a 4WD vehicle. ( Note: The vehicle is a BS2 complaint only & does not come with a power steering feature ).

We have also updated the Customization Website - home with the "The Bolero InspiraConcept".

The " Bolero Inspira " Concept is also available to Customers who already are proud owners of the Bolero Invader vehicle. The Customized component would remain the same for these vehicles as well. We would only need to run a check on the condition of the vehicle as regards the bodyline and the mechanicals & the necessary upgrades for refurbishing would be at an extra cost.

Kindly note the detailed menu of the Bolero "Inspira" Concept:

Exteriors:
  • Custom painted body shell
  • Black mirror finished bonnet
  • custom - made front bull bar in powder-coated black
  • custom - made rear bull bars in powder-coated black
  • custom made side guard in powder coated black
  • bull bar houses a pair of auxiliary spot lamps
  • restyled muscular wheel arches in matt black with allen head S.S. bolts
  • Alloy wheels
  • Modified body shell on “B” pillar and paneling with reinforcements
  • Tail lamp panel restructured to house a new tail lamp assembly
  • Exhaust tail end in S.S

Interiors:
  • Color coded interiors
  • bucket seats in the 1st row as well as the 2nd row
  • custom built twin pipe roll cage in powder coated black
  • roll cage padding in black
  • custom stitch upholstery
  • custom colored steering wheel, the gear knob, the dash grab handle
  • modified door in powder coated pipe section
  • complete carpeting
  • Custom made floor matts
  • Custom built dash panel in matt black finish
Total Cost – Rs. 2,35,000/-(post registration & over and above the cost of the vehicle)

The following is the Order Flow:
  • Customer registers & insures the Mahindra Major (any version) from the Local Dealership
  • Customer would pay a DD favoring M/s. NBS International Ltd, Mumbai for the Customization component
  • Post registration & insurance, the vehicle is sent to Mahindra Towers, Worli, Mumbai for the Customization to be carried out
  • The Customization process would take approximately 30 to 45 working days from the time we receieve the base vehicle at Mahindra Towers
  • Post Customization, the Customized vehicle will be sent back to the AO for final delivery to the Customer
Kindly note the following key elements as well:
  • Pricing does not includes the movement of the registered & insured vehicle to and fro from the Customer / Dealer Location. Any incidence during the transit would be borne by the Customer
  • Pricing does not include the transit insurance of the same. This is to be borne by the Customer
  • There is no technical change in the vehicle - hence, the same vehicle warranty would stand
  • Customization has been done to the effect of only aesthetic changes and we will provide a 6 month manufacturing warranty for the same

Looking forward to provide you with the best of services & make you a proud owner of our Customized Concepts

Thanking you,

With Warm Regards,

Yours Truly,

cheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Major Souvenir - The Classic is Baaaccckkk! EDIT : Not quite-slide1.jpg  

Mahindra Major Souvenir - The Classic is Baaaccckkk! EDIT : Not quite-slide2.jpg  

Mahindra Major Souvenir - The Classic is Baaaccckkk! EDIT : Not quite-slide3.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 31st July 2008 at 20:18. Reason: removed font tags
Old 31st July 2008, 20:02   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
please get some photos of it also....just 3 photos. front, rear and interior.
I do have the photos. But since the vehicle is not mine and belongs to our club member i cant freely host them here. I will mail them to you. But please see to it that you dont publish them anywhere without asking me. Hope you understand.

Please PM me your email address.
Old 31st July 2008, 20:08   #33
Team-BHP Support

Somebody recently claimed it was 6.5L in Bangalore, so I posted the same. But I also remember DKG saying 5.5L for a 4WD Major in Hyderabad. I think that is the right figure. In that case, the customized version will cost 7.5L in Bangalore. But no diff-locks, LSD, AC or Winch.

But specs is confusing, I see different versions:

Mahindra CL 500 - Silver Jubilee Motors - Authorised dealers for Mahindra & Mahindra's vehicles in Maharashtra. INDIA
KS GROUP, Jaipur - Ford, Mahindra, TVS, Tafe.
Details of Mahindra CL 500 4WD ST

I never understood why Mahindra is so shy about Major, this is the only info Mahindra admits about Major: Mahindra Corporate

Last edited by Samurai : 31st July 2008 at 20:27.
Old 31st July 2008, 20:32   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
inspira has a big over hang at the rear compared to the major. i think still MM needs to make some changes on both these models. why dont MM consult or take feed back from actual 4x4 offroadies regarding these models, since these will be bought mainly by offroadies?

sometimes i think these are done half heartedly by some pencil and paper pusher, like the babus we have in indian govt who buy stuff for indian military without consulting the end user!!
Some of the senior management chaps at Mahindra themselves are intense offroadies, they don't really need to look outside for feedback. But we are miniscule minorities, so they can't/won't cater to us.
Old 31st July 2008, 20:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

the 2nd photo posted by me, the side pose of inspira makes it look funny with the roll cage being so much slanted.

makes it look like a circus vehicle!!! no offence to anyone!

im not going in for inspira.....its an useless effort my M&M. rather buy major or make my own jeep!

do be honest, i dont think the top managment guys of M&M get inspired by anything to come out with such inspira!

cheers:
Old 31st July 2008, 21:17   #36
BHPian

So the Process involves buying a Mahindra Major?
Then Registering it?
and then Sending it to Mumbai to get it customised for another 2.35L?

The Entire Process will take about 45 days so lets say 60...knowing how our Indian brothers work...

So im looking at 7.5 Lakhs for a 63bhp Jeep?

So is it worth it buyin a Used Major and sending it for Customisation?
Or is it better to buy an new one...

I know many off road enthusiats like dinar and nitrous are rolling with laughter, but if you had a choice which one would you take.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

get an army 540/550 send it to Bharat Motors and get it converted into CJ7 4x4.

its a better option then what M&M is asking to do!
Old 31st July 2008, 21:45   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ohh that is a very Macho car indeed!! I am sure Rushabh will love it!!
Wohi old wine in a new bottle.

I've heard old wine tastes better though.

I still dont understand, what a novel way to get rid of leftovers( Invader chassis & body/Scorpio tail lights, and some front seats.)

While the tyres are very inspiring.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 31st July 2008 at 21:50.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:52   #39
BHPian

The alloys/rims look great . Any idea guys where M&M sources them from? Is it possible to source them separately from M&M?
Old 31st July 2008, 22:14   #40
BHPian

I was planning to buy this one so i spoke with the Designer of the MAJOR SOUVENIR and the sad part was he was not willing to give me with a soft top door, AC and power steering so i dropped the idea becoz it cant be a regular every day ride.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 31st July 2008 at 22:16.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:23   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

My choice, though, would be the Inspira:

The 2.5 XD3P 5 speed, manual 4x4, wider track = better stability, bigger interiors & more practicality. Remove the rear buckets, kit it up with the right rubber, LSD & winch and you end up with a pretty competent, yet basic, offroad tool.
Looks like the Inspira comes with the Turbo DI and not the 2.5 XD3P.

Quote:
get an army 540/550 send it to Bharat Motors and get it converted into CJ7 4x4.

its a better option then what M&M is asking to do!
What is Bharat Motors? Custom shop?
Old 1st August 2008, 00:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

I still dont understand, what a novel way to get rid of leftovers( Invader chassis & body/Scorpio tail lights, and some front seats.)

While the tyres are very inspiring.
Ha! Good observation. Looks like you "understand" perfectly. This vehicle should be named the
"re-spira".
Old 1st August 2008, 01:41   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

The effort is just cosmetic,with no mechanical changes,so much money for just showoff even most components out of that look cheap even in pics,i'd suggest anyone planning for this junk to buy a major and get it done according to his taste.
Old 1st August 2008, 02:01   #44
BHPian

Is it only me or do others also feel that the yellow Bolero thingy looks as if it accelerated too hard and things got a bit unsettled?
Old 1st August 2008, 09:01   #45
NIP
Senior - BHPian

the ONLY good thing about the Mahindra Major Souvenir is the SWB. at least it looks like it from the pics. and i really like the colour in the pictures too. they offer some really crappy colours for the major.

how hard can it be for M&M to offer a basic SWB CJ3B without any frills to the public (say below 3.5 - 4 lakhs) !?? M&M...are you listening ?!! we are 4x4 enthusiasts, current customers and i learned to drive in an '86 MM540 !! you NEED to listen to us !!

if i'm going to buy the Mahindra Major Souvenir at 8L, i dont want the 'make-up' job. i want the scorpio 2.2 M-Hawk engine in it !!

Last edited by NIP : 1st August 2008 at 09:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks