Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2008, 00:16   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemac View Post
one more thing the bugger at the scrap market showed me a receip of a jeep that he sold earlier hes sold it for 150000. can you believe that
That's what lies in the near feature as demand for 4WD jeeps increases & there is absolutely no source for supply. As more & more people are engaging into off-road activity, the prices for new (Affordable/ Basic) 4WDs like Major, Invaders will also rise.
Old 22nd October 2008, 18:53   #62
BHPian

Then I tried to source it from Coorg and Vayanad without much success. That is when I got a call from one of my friend and he told that there is an MM540 for sale. Thought of purchasing it and adding the 4WD, I went there to Test drive it, Looked stock condition apart from an altered full body tailgate and neat interiors. And Decent looks. No modifications apart from a pair of Hella lights in front and one in back. Got it to take a drive, then I noticed there is 5th gear mark on the gear lever. I drove it and yes I engaged the 5th gear and I was jumping with joy came back after the drive, opened the hood, Boy!! That was a pretty neat engine and engine bay without any oil leak or rust. I checked the RC Book, and there you go!!! MM550 XDP(B), and found its 2.5 liter engine (2498). Paid the Adv today, and will fix the deal next week.

man u are lucky. i tried getting one of those and know what I GOT A SIMILAR ONE FROM VIRAJPET.cheers:
Old 25th October 2008, 23:21   #63
BHPian

@sree - you never told us how much it cost you in the end?
Old 27th October 2008, 10:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
@sree - you never told us how much it cost you in the end?
Abhik, sent u a PM regarding the price.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 26th October 2018, 14:30   #65
BHPian

Re: 1998 MM550 XDB 4WD Joins Team-Bhp Family

Hi Sreeraj, happened to go through your thread now. Any 10 year old ownership report

Most Viewed