Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 02:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its just like indian way of pimpin your jeep i hope you all remember the way East coast customs added those 25 inch wheels to that blue jeep
Old 4th August 2008, 07:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

what would these cost appox???

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2008 at 09:25. Reason: app = approx or approximately. Please type in full, thanks.
Old 4th August 2008, 10:20   #18
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Two of this may have escaped to Mumbai :
love those tyres !! can someone identify what those tires are and their availability !?
Old 4th August 2008, 11:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hahahah!! Yokohama ES 100's on a Jeep! What a sad joke!
Imagine the ride quality in that jeep.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:09   #20
BHPian

Cool. They have POWER STEERING stickers.
The jeeps look good though.
Torqy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2008, 11:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

This a friend's jeep,nothing except looks is good,made in dabwali.the jeep has toyota 2c diesel engine with 5 speed gearbox with no four wheel drive,it also has powersteering which is ultralight without any feel or response,another showoff machine.

ATYAAADQrollxlML3tXYWQl9IZTOvSzz0ODhgVMOyZIb3lghdYxjNMvxVqvZLLqDrhn1ejt00KsZLWSqh1wn6Al6W3G7AJtU9VDC

Last edited by .anshuman : 4th August 2008 at 11:40.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Malaut is a market where functional jeeps are auctioned and one can find a reasonably good jeep below 1L.
Do you mean Malout on the GT road which is in Faridkot Dt ? I am curious to know more about the Jeep melas there, I studied in DAV College, Malout in 1988-1990.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:47   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Do you mean Malout on the GT road which is in Faridkot Dt ? I am curious to know more about the Jeep melas there, I studied in DAV College, Malout in 1988-1990.
Malout is near bathinda and AFAIK its in firozpur district.
Old 4th August 2008, 11:50   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

While not too many amongst us would buy a Jeep from Dabwali, gotta appreciate their enthusiasm in building custom Jeeps. After all, they are obviously catering to an existing demand. If bling is your thing, no need to look any further. To each his own.

The under-the-hood picture shows worksmanship that is better than that of some Jeeps I have seen
Old 4th August 2008, 12:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

Dabwali/Moga

Major, even if negative, this is a useful report and a well done reconnaissance.

I was curious about Dabwali myself and now you have saved me, and other folks on this site interested in 4x4 jeeps, a long trip to a hot dusty place. Many thanks.

Did you see some mm540s/mm550s outside shops in Moga? I saw just a handful last time I was there 2 weeks ago. I talked to shops there but I have doubts about their ability to do heavy restoration work or modifications successfully. I may go back there this week. Is Malaut in the Punjab or nearby?
Old 4th August 2008, 13:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Malout is near bathinda and AFAIK its in firozpur district.
One moment I really got confused and thought the whole discussion here about Malout (Malaut) is about a second town in the same name .

But guys its the same place you are talking about. Its in Muktsar district right now. If my 36 year old brain is not failing, it was under Faridkot dt when I was a student at DAV in 88-90 (same college where Gurdas Maan studied). Means there are new districts in Punjab after I left Malout in 1990. This town is on the GT road now known as NH-15. Map attached.

I am digging out my DAV collegues details to get more info on the Jeep Mela. You can also see the thread title place "Dabwali" on the map on NH-10. I hope there is no second town with same name again !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Dabwali Jeeps-muktsar.jpg  

Last edited by shajufx : 4th August 2008 at 13:41.
Old 4th August 2008, 16:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Major, even if negative, this is a useful report and a well done reconnaissance.

I was curious about Dabwali myself and now you have saved me, and other folks on this site interested in 4x4 jeeps, a long trip to a hot dusty place. Many thanks.

Did you see some mm540s/mm550s outside shops in Moga? I saw just a handful last time I was there 2 weeks ago. I talked to shops there but I have doubts about their ability to do heavy restoration work or modifications successfully. I may go back there this week. Is Malaut in the Punjab or nearby?
Thanks for the appreciation Ken.
Moga is not into quality restoration by any means, but you can always expect to find clean 540/550s.
Explaining the shopkeeper of the modification and requirements is a task in itself. They have some preconcieved ideas from which they seldom budge.
However, the finish at Dabwali was better compared to these people.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While not too many amongst us would buy a Jeep from Dabwali, gotta appreciate their enthusiasm in building custom Jeeps. After all, they are obviously catering to an existing demand. If bling is your thing, no need to look any further. To each his own.

The under-the-hood picture shows worksmanship that is better than that of some Jeeps I have seen
Bang on yes that what i am saying see for a person like me who may not go extream off roading i think that 4x4 is no use. so i personally would go for a normal jeep with every thing thats in the car like a AC of what ever and i just like the form factor of this kind of a 4 wheeler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
One moment I really got confused and thought the whole discussion here about Malout (Malaut) is about a second town in the same name .

But guys its the same place you are talking about. Its in Muktsar district right now. If my 36 year old brain is not failing, it was under Faridkot dt when I was a student at DAV in 88-90 (same college where Gurdas Maan studied). Means there are new districts in Punjab after I left Malout in 1990. This town is on the GT road now known as NH-15. Map attached.

I am digging out my DAV collegues details to get more info on the Jeep Mela. You can also see the thread title place "Dabwali" on the map on NH-10. I hope there is no second town with same name again !!!
Yes thats the one that we are talking about. now if you talk about punjab there are way to many changes there too many new Districts and all that. beleive me or not if you know BARNALA even that is a district now..
Old 4th August 2008, 18:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

ofcourse with these jeeps selling for 2 lakhs and above, its only bling bling factor that these jeeps are made for. in simple words TASHAN!

if one is into serious offroading better buy a real 4x4 like Gurkha, bolero or get a mm550 4x4 and build it!

it was a well done recce by major saab and his friend, a job well done!

now lets see who all gets inspired by these bling bling jeep and goes for them and lets see all go for 4x4 real offroad jeep.

cheers:
Old 4th August 2008, 19:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Can somebody from south, make a trip to some popular jeep areas and make a report.
That would help us 4x4 junkies a lot on the Jeep scene down south.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks