Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 11:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I must post the below paragraph in bold. I can't help it.

Dear Dan - After reading the excel spreadsheet for the amounts quoted to what would eventually come out (which I very well know), I now know my true worth. For the things that I do to Jeeps, my God, it would weigh in crores, not lakhs. I really wish I had a garage. I am not joking, it would become the best in the whole of India and all of you would go nowhere else.

Team BHP Zindabad!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 19th August 2008, 11:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

who's stopping you dhabhar?
Old 19th August 2008, 11:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I really wish I had a garage. I am not joking, it would become the best in the whole of India and all of you would go nowhere else.
Behram Dhabhar
I would be your first customer.

I wish one or more of you entrepreneurial motor heads WOULD open a 4x4 garage.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:35   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

dear behram
open the garage here in bangalore. good quality, knowledgeable workforce available. lots of 4x4 boys,jeepsters and mahindra owners who will definitely become your customers. if you make the necessary arrangements to handle the tata MUV/SUVs also, you will surely be successful. all the chennai and TN boys will surely come to you too!
do some research, make a project report, get a VC funding and just do it. With your knowledge of the field, you will be a winner. We on TBHP can come to you ourselves and can also spread the word and help get you morecustomers too!

Quote:

Dear Dan - After reading the excel spreadsheet for the amounts quoted to what would eventually come out (which I very well know), I now know my true worth. For the things that I do to Jeeps, my God, it would weigh in crores, not lakhs. I really wish I had a garage. I am not joking, it would become the best in the whole of India and all of you would go nowhere else.

Team BHP Zindabad!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 19th August 2008, 15:01   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Double D, Please look harder for a well maintained MM540 / 550. Some BHPians have already ended up buying some pretty neat examples. They are out there, you only have to look hard enough. This rebuilding business is easier said than done.
Old 19th August 2008, 17:07   #21
BHPian

Hi there Dan!

4.66 lacs for a old reconditioned jeep with parts from I dont know where!!!
Think about it a lac more and you could get a brand new Major !

Not asking you to buy a major if thats not what you want,...but like GTO said building your own is not everyone's cup of tea.

And there is a thing or two you gotta learn about how not to get ripped off,...I am Indian and still learning

Last edited by Torque-ative : 19th August 2008 at 17:08. Reason: spelling error
Old 19th August 2008, 20:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Hi there Dan!

4.66 lacs for a old reconditioned jeep with parts from I dont know where!!!
Think about it a lac more and you could get a brand new Major !

Not asking you to buy a major if thats not what you want,...but like GTO said building your own is not everyone's cup of tea.

And there is a thing or two you gotta learn about how not to get ripped off,...I am Indian and still learning
i agree with you torque.

i have spoken to dew guys here who have build there own projects.....its a back breaking effort.

now im thinking of buying a already running mm550 and make small changes possible with less of back breaking.

cheers:
Old 19th August 2008, 20:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post

And there is a thing or two you gotta learn about how not to get ripped off
This proposal was WAY not accepted by me. That is in my first post along with the reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Double D, Please look harder for a well maintained MM540 / 550. Some BHPians have already ended up buying some pretty neat examples. They are out there, you only have to look hard enough. This rebuilding business is easier said than done.
Especially since I am a lot closer to Tibet than Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai. I can not just stroll down to the corner and buy a cup of lockers or a liter of steering stabilizers around here. The locals here are waiting to see if this horseless carriage thing blows over, the used Yak salesman in particular.

But, I am working on it, bossman!

Quote:

I now know my true worth.

Behram Dhabhar
YOU, SIR, ARE PRICELESS!
Old 20th August 2008, 14:19   #24
BHPian

My Jeep is under renovation yet. I have placed an classified add also where you can check the specifications. Team-BHP Classifieds - MM540/550, complitely renovated - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds. Just check this out. If you want I would be pleased to recomend the same machanic who is working as project manager for my jeep.
Old 20th August 2008, 21:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

There is a used Turbo DI engine available in chennai for about 85,000. Also a 2WD 5-Speed NGT20 Transmission. If interested PM me.
Old 20th August 2008, 23:33   #26
BHPian

Hi Ken,
That price is too much! I had warned you about these jokers. They donot even know their elbow from their a** and they started quoting funny prices.
You could have informed me before commencing this misadventure, I would have helped you with whatever was in my resources.
Chandigarh is a better place to find a complete peice compared to MOga and surroundings.
However, my trip to Malaut is still pending.
Old 21st August 2008, 10:42   #27
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Dan just buy a new Gypsy and never bother about it failing on you. The Army uses it in those regions where you live so you could too
Old 21st August 2008, 12:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dan just buy a new Gypsy and never bother about it failing on you. The Army uses it in those regions where you live so you could too
Yeah, I know Gypsy has quality. The only thing that stops me is the petrol motor and its fuel average. I still might get a Gypsy and slap some lockers into it like Khan_Sultan. We shall see, I will be checking out a few things in the couple of weeks or so.
Old 21st August 2008, 20:56   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Yeah, I know Gypsy has quality. The only thing that stops me is the petrol motor and its fuel average. .
Dan,

A new MPFI Gypsy will easily give you 10 KMPL in city and 13+ on highway. I have a MPFI one and have NOT EVER got less than that.

I think that's reasonable for a petrol 1.3L MPFI off-roader that is a true all rounder

If the low end torque of the petrol block is what you are worried about, I have a solution for that also. Just wait for my next set of mods (after testing the locker extensively). I will ensure that my gypsy gets TONS of low end torque -- one that will match/surpass the low end torque of virtually ANY comparable block .

Cheers,
Old 21st August 2008, 21:07   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

They way I look at it, They Gypsy is like a moutain goat and the MM540 is like a wild bison. Both can scale pretty steep mountains, they just do it very differently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks