Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 06:55   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
Bhai saab 4x4addict. If you dont mind my saying so,don't you think it would be better to ask Behram or Sudhir for assistance in procuring the fenders than try to hijack Mahindra's vendor????
I am sure they will help out. If they cant,then we mightbe right in duplicating what the company has spent a good deal of money for as intepreted by us. And I dont work for Mahindra either,nor am I a big fan of the way they dressed good looking CJ3Bs like old wrinkled housemaids.Or the MM540 for that matter.
cheers
jammy.
[/quote]

MM540 Bhai,
So what do you say, if we fabricate those fenders it is ethical?
Then on the other hand you say "And if anyone from mahindra helped you in your venture I am not sure he will be doing the right thing to his company." then again you say "If only we could find out from Mahindra which vendor they source it from, we could order it directly from the Vendor. Maybe anyone with some connections in Mahindra can help us find the Vendor
Bahut CONFUSEMENT is going on in my mind.
Old 15th November 2008, 09:58   #122
BHPian

Yaar , the message I responded to has got fused with my reply causing confusion. Let's ask M&M cos a lot of the bangalore guys are also looking for them. The other option as these guys have been exploring is to get them fabricated in metal. Am trying that too. And if fabricated out of metal,it will give us longer life as the fibre ones break when we go offroading.
cheers
jammy

MM540 Bhai,
So what do you say, if we fabricate those fenders it is ethical?
Then on the other hand you say "And if anyone from mahindra helped you in your venture I am not sure he will be doing the right thing to his company." then again you say "If only we could find out from Mahindra which vendor they source it from, we could order it directly from the Vendor. Maybe anyone with some connections in Mahindra can help us find the Vendor
Bahut CONFUSEMENT is going on in my mind.[/quote]
Old 15th November 2008, 19:48   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
Bhai saab 4x4addict. If you dont mind my saying so,don't you think it would be better to ask Behram or Sudhir for assistance in procuring the fenders than try to hijack Mahindra's vendor????
I am sure they will help out. If they cant,then we mightbe right in duplicating what the company has spent a good deal of money for as intepreted by us.And if anyone from mahindra helped you in your venture I am not sure he will be doing the right thing to his company. And I dont work for Mahindra either,nor am I a big fan of the way they dressed good looking CJ3Bs like old wrinkled housemaids.Or the MM540 for that matter.
cheers
jammy
Hey Jammy,

Aren't we installing it on MM540s? So how does it become unethical? If Mahindra sold it to us, I would gladly buy it from Mahindra. It is something that many of us Jeep enthusiasts want and something that we cannot get from the dealer..
Old 15th November 2008, 21:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hey Jammy,

Aren't we installing it on MM540s? So how does it become unethical? If Mahindra sold it to us, I would gladly buy it from Mahindra. It is something that many of us Jeep enthusiasts want and something that we cannot get from the dealer..
Thats right! There are many who would like to have them on their 540/550 for cosmetic and practical reasons like dirt kicking up in thier eyes etc.
Fibreglass will break on impact but will not pass on the shockwave to the rest of the mudguard and body, are easy to replace, come as standard once designed.
Old 16th November 2008, 10:50   #125

Dear Fazal and all - Behram Dhabhar here (I am at home in Mumbai so using my son Cyrus's ID) - MM540 is not in current production, so fender flares may not be available as spare parts. You are welcome to check however.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 16th November 2008 at 10:50. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 17th November 2008, 11:39   #126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
MM540 is not in current production, so fender flares may not be available as spare parts.
Why not? With the number of 540's and 550's on the road, I am sure there is a healthy market for parts. Maybe not officially but aren't fenders / other parts available in the after-market?
Old 17th November 2008, 18:37   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why not? With the number of 540's and 550's on the road, I am sure there is a healthy market for parts. Maybe not officially but aren't fenders / other parts available in the after-market?
This is why I suggested we contact the Vendor directly if we can find who made it. The probably still have the molds and given sufficient volumes maybe interested in making a batch..

If this doesn't work, I know a very good fiber glass fabricator in chennai. If I can get some detailed pictures, and enough orders, he can definitely make it for us.
Old 18th November 2008, 09:46   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
....If I can get some detailed pictures, and enough orders, he can definitely make it for us.
I guess if the original vendor thing doesn't work, you will have enough orders for the Chennai person from the quantum of people desperately wanting it. Just make it public when the orders are being taken
-Best regards,
Old 18th November 2008, 10:40   #129
Senior - BHPian

Somehow missed this thread.... nice Jeep! My friend has a very similar one in Coorg. They recently overhauled her and got a spanking new black paintjob.
Old 28th November 2008, 03:06   #130
BHPian

info

Fazal bhai Krishnas jeep is the one that was done up at Afzal bhais(the painter) place . Beside Aleems workshop. If you can recollect it was being done up when you were getting ur fuel pump done up . I guess its off a Delhi auction then done up in Hyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Krishna,
it's a great looking jeep and has a lot inside too, hope to see it someday on the road soon.
Fazal
Old 28th November 2008, 10:28   #131
BHPian

Fenders :: Very much available in Delhi. I did bought them for my MM540.
Old 28th November 2008, 10:35   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssarmast View Post
Fazal bhai Krishnas jeep is the one that was done up at Afzal bhais(the painter) place . Beside Aleems workshop. If you can recollect it was being done up when you were getting ur fuel pump done up . I guess its off a Delhi auction then done up in Hyd.
Salman,
Yes! I now recollect (if it the same) the Jeep, but it runs contrary to Krishna's version, that it is a army variant 550 bought by a civilian direct from Mahindra?
Regards,
Fazal

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 28th November 2008 at 10:38.
Old 29th November 2008, 00:05   #133
BHPian

Hi guys its difficult to get the fender flares found on the army jeeps. I too tried my luck and did not find any, so i ended up making tube fenders. They are strong and they look good. Check these photos.
Attached Thumbnails
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-16112008003.jpg  

My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-16112008004.jpg  

Old 29th November 2008, 11:21   #134
BHPian

It is nice looking fenders. Good job. The colour is also nice.

I need to know about the tyres which are fitted in the rear. What size they are?? Which make?? How much do they cost?? I guess they are good in almost all off road tarrian, specially the sand.
Old 29th November 2008, 16:29   #135
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry, but somehow, I feel that your custom fenders aren't gelling with the Jeep. Something not right with the size and / or shape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks