Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 09:14   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Those tyres are Yokohama Geolander A/T 31X10.5 inch. .....I got to know each tyre would cost Approx ~10K. ...

Yes. These are 31x10.5.

Available in Bangalore from Yoko itself for 6.6K and NOT 10K.

Kitti, I will tell you the details when we meet next.

Cheers,
Old 12th September 2008, 10:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Felt like sharing few pictures of my Jeep without rear softtop. I clicked these in the afternoon just after it was washed and greased. So this is how a MM540 with bikini top and rolecage will look like
Cheers!
Vaspro
Amazing jeep vaspro. That one is indeed a well bred beast, By the way wasn't it white in your previous pics? Or was it photo shopped?
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

can you share more info on those tyres.
Are they 15" wheels. What would be the price of each tyre. Are they available in bangalore or imports.
How do they perform on mud and slush.

Also, where did you get that rear fender flares. They look different. I have been going around the india garage spares&parts dept for almost a month now and the disco is still going on. They give me major's wheel arch which are plane (without the curve) till the end of its length. They dont have the curve on them. I said the mm540 has a curve as shown. I have taken this photo to show them. They take a look and reluctantly shoo me off saying that this is major and its parts are not available. I just want to take a gun along the next time.

Krishna,
The pic you sent is of the "Legend" a MM540/550 with a inferior DI engine under it's hood and it has KM initials on it's door that is the signature of Keshub Mahindra, chairman of Mahindra, they came out with a limitted edition of 60 vehicles as they completed thier 60th year.
Forget the gun part, ask them for "Quadro" rear fender flares.
Quadro was manafactured by Mahindra for the Australian market, though I hear it did a short run there. and the tyres are 7.50-16 MRF Sandgrip, yes 16".
Old 4th November 2008, 08:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Krishna,
it's a great looking jeep and has a lot inside too, hope to see it someday on the road soon.
Fazal
Old 4th November 2008, 13:26   #95
BHPian

Great Jeep Vaspro, and yours too kittigadu cheers:
Old 7th November 2008, 11:20   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Felt like sharing few pictures of my Jeep without rear softtop. I clicked these in the afternoon just after it was washed and greased. So this is how a MM540 with bikini top and rolecage will look like
Attachment 48152
Attachment 48153
Attachment 48154
Attachment 48155

Cheers!
Vaspro
Hi Vaspro,
Nice looking Jeep, looks muscular. Wanted to know where you sourced the two red, tow brackets fitted on your front bumper, or what vehicle they originally from.
Thanks in advance,
Fazal
Old 7th November 2008, 20:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaniac View Post
Amazing jeep vaspro. That one is indeed a well bred beast, By the way wasn't it white in your previous pics? Or was it photo shopped?
White is its previous color. Those pictures are from 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
Great Jeep Vaspro, and yours too kittigadu cheers:
Thanks Aston.Martin. Though all the credit for making & maintaning this jeep should go to my friend from whom i bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Hi Vaspro,
Nice looking Jeep, looks muscular. Wanted to know where you sourced the two red, tow brackets fitted on your front bumper, or what vehicle they originally from.
Thanks in advance,
Fazal
@Fazal: Tow brackets can be brought from hardware shops. Usually the same shops where we get D-Shackles etc might have. However mounting them on the Jeep was completely different story. My friend (the previous owner) went to extreme lengths to make sure minute details are taken care on this Jeep. eg. the small Square type protrusions where the tow hooks are mounted are hand made. He took so much care to see that the load on the tow hook shouldnt twist the chasis etc.

Even the rear fender flares are custom made. Anthoer secret is the shock absorbers are upgraded on my jeep which gives really good ride even on A/T tyres. Guess what shocks are on my Jeep? They are from OEM shocks used in Tempo traveller (Force motors 12 seater van). Yup that provides very smooth ride and good handling.

Cheers!
-Vaspro
Old 10th November 2008, 10:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even the rear fender flares are custom made. Anthoer secret is the shock absorbers are upgraded on my jeep which gives really good ride even on A/T tyres. Guess what shocks are on my Jeep? They are from OEM shocks used in Tempo traveller (Force motors 12 seater van). Yup that provides very smooth ride and good handling.

Cheers!
-Vaspro
You should have got a couple of those flares fabricated at one go and keep with you to help out people like me who need them badly The shock absorber thingy is a great mod for sure. Smooth ride and good handling will be something people will drool for while using jeeps for normal purpose. So is it easy enough to install those or some retrofitting is needed?
Old 11th November 2008, 08:46   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu
Also, where did you get that rear fender flares. They look different. I have been going around the india garage spares&parts dept for almost a month now and the disco is still going on. They give me major's wheel arch which are plane (without the curve) till the end of its length. They dont have the curve on them. I said the mm540 has a curve as shown. I have taken this photo to show them. They take a look and reluctantly shoo me off saying that this is major and its parts are not available. I just want to take a gun along the next time.
Krishna, i just found a guy who does the fender flares. he had done it for mm540 and it was looking very good. it was done in metal. very neat looking. forgot to take a pic. but this guy is quoting 3k-4k for the work(including material).
Old 11th November 2008, 09:27   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Krishna, i just found a guy who does the fender flares. he had done it for mm540 and it was looking very good. it was done in metal. very neat looking. forgot to take a pic. but this guy is quoting 3k-4k for the work(including material).
Metal fender flares seem interesting. A pic would have been really nice. The cost mentioned is only for the rear one or the complete front and rear?
Old 11th November 2008, 12:52   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Metal fender flares seem interesting. A pic would have been really nice. The cost mentioned is only for the rear one or the complete front and rear?
The cost mentioned is for complete front and rear.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:02   #102
BHPian

vijay,
Until and unless they are not welded to the body iam ok for it. I have a lot of questions regarding the metal ones.
iam very much in need of the flares because, my tyres kick up mud and stones into the cabin and also into the tub. Ask mjothi or happywheels. They had first hand experience. I need to do something to stop this.

Where is this guy located.

regards,
Krishna.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:34   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anthoer secret is the shock absorbers are upgraded on my jeep which gives really good ride even on A/T tyres. Guess what shocks are on my Jeep? They are from OEM shocks used in Tempo traveller (Force motors 12 seater van). Yup that provides very smooth ride and good handling.
This part is a little confusing. If you use shocks from a much bigger vehicle, shouldn't the ride become hard? Have you changed both front and rear shocks to trax shocks?
Old 11th November 2008, 16:56   #104
BHPian

Dear Khan bhai,

i hear tyres, always an interesting subject, On the geo lander, please contact apna Rajeev ( Classic wala) he had bought it recently & if i remeber they did well in the avala konda OTR , i was driving the jeep & felt very comfortably in handling,

These tyres will perform well on Kitti's jeep,

The nuts are big & angled correctly & are fit for all kind of terrains & will fit his regular rims, well the rims used in the army jeeps earleir model of 550 weighed 14-15 kgs each,

Till then you take care & best regards
Vinay Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Yes. These are 31x10.5.

Available in Bangalore from Yoko itself for 6.6K and NOT 10K.

Kitti, I will tell you the details when we meet next.

Cheers,
Old 11th November 2008, 20:49   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This part is a little confusing. If you use shocks from a much bigger vehicle, shouldn't the ride become hard? Have you changed both front and rear shocks to trax shocks?
You bet, i too was confused when i first heard about it . Though i havent done this modification (mod) myself nor i have seen how it was done. But it seems the guy who owned it earlier did lot of research and trail & error. He selected Trax's shocks based on the diameter, travel of shock up (i dont know the correct term, i meant distance the shokcup arm can extend and fully retract), load capacity of shock absorbers. He toyed with various setups. He told me that even considered Swaraj Mazda's shockups but found that they gave very harsh ride.

So i am enjoying the end product Jeep, which in effect has height increased by adding additional leaf spring, heavy load capacity shockups with 31X10.5 Geolander AT tyres on Alloy wheels. Surprisingly this Jeep got good ride quality and not so confidence inspiring brakes (of course its a Jeep).

By the first look at the Jeep, i didnt imagine there was so much story...phew

Cheers!
-Vaspro

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks