Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2008, 21:58   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
vijay,
Until and unless they are not welded to the body iam ok for it. I have a lot of questions regarding the metal ones.
iam very much in need of the flares because, my tyres kick up mud and stones into the cabin and also into the tub. Ask mjothi or happywheels. They had first hand experience. I need to do something to stop this.

Where is this guy located.
This guy is located near audugodi. its on the way to your office. I spoke to that guy today. he said they will not be welded to the body. just fixing it with nut and bolt so that it can be removed anytime. and also the mm540 is available till 11am tomorrow to have a look at the fender flares he had done.

Come home tomorrow before going to office. lets check it out.
Old 11th November 2008, 23:07   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Krishna, i just found a guy who does the fender flares. he had done it for mm540 and it was looking very good. it was done in metal. very neat looking. forgot to take a pic. but this guy is quoting 3k-4k for the work(including material).
I'm not a big fan of metal fender flares, if not done with the right kind of metal they will be prone to bend and bumps. May need more maintenance than plastic ones especially if you are offroading a lot.
Old 12th November 2008, 09:48   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
T..the mm540 is available till 11am tomorrow to have a look at the fender flares he had done. Come home tomorrow before going to office. lets check it out.
If possible, do take some pics. Will be interesting to see something like this.
-Best Regards,
Old 12th November 2008, 11:13   #109
BHPian

Well,
myself and vijay visited the guy in the morning.
Here are a few photos of those metal fender flares. The workmanship and finish is really good.
One of the front ones on the jeep is damaged when it hit something.(3rd and last pic)
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-photo0002-medium.jpg
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-photo0003-medium.jpg
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-photo0004-medium.jpg
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-photo0005-medium.jpg
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-photo0006-medium.jpg
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-photo0007-medium.jpg

I have something else in my mind. So i told him that i shall get photos of it and he said ok, he can fabricate what ever it is.
He said he is using sheet and not alluminium.

Now a few questions come up.
When it hits something, will it crumble within itself without impacting the body or is it going to transfer the impact to the body also. This is where iam worried.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 12th November 2008, 11:22   #110
BHPian

If it is made of the same gauge material as the body it will transmit the impact on to the body. If you get it made out of a lighter gauge then it will crumble with lesser impact to the body.
cheers
jammy
Quote:
Well,
Here are a few photos of those metal fender flares. The workmanship and finish is really good.
One of the front ones on the jeep is damaged when it hit something.(3rd and last pic)
Attachment 68979
Attachment 68980
Attachment 68981
Attachment 68982
Attachment 68983
Attachment 68984

I have something else in my mind. So i told him that i shall get photos of it and he said ok, he can fabricate what ever it is.

When it hits something, will it crumble within itself without impacting the body or is it going to transfer the impact to the body also. This is where iam worried.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 12th November 2008, 11:55   #111
BHPian

I think that,this jeep belongs to Hiten jha.In which case those flares were not made in Bangalore but in Cochin.Will check with him and call back.
cheers
jammy

Quote:
Well,
Attachment 68979
Attachment 68980
Attachment 68981
Attachment 68982
Attachment 68983
Attachment 68984

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 12th November 2008, 20:15   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well,

Regards,
Krishna.
Krishna, Do you or any guys on the forum know anybody who does these fenders in fibreglass? The ones I have on my Jeep is what Mahindra origanally supplies to army. If you all can find some fibreglass fabricator which I feel is very possible, I can lend my fenders for moulding samples.
So many, so many here want these fenders, if you all dont find someone who can do it, I am seriously thinking of starting fibreglass fabrication myself. It is much cheaper and faster than metal fabrication. Ones in pic.s posted by you should have started above the mudguard level and not underside of it. Makes the fenders look more muscular.
Fazal
Old 12th November 2008, 20:38   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Krishna, Do you or any guys on the forum know anybody who does these fenders in fibreglass? The ones I have on my Jeep is what Mahindra origanally supplies to army. If you all can find some fibreglass fabricator which I feel is very possible, I can lend my fenders for moulding samples.
So many, so many here want these fenders, if you all dont find someone who can do it, I am seriously thinking of starting fibreglass fabrication myself. It is much cheaper and faster than metal fabrication. Ones in pic.s posted by you should have started above the mudguard level and not underside of it. Makes the fenders look more muscular.
Fazal
Fazal,

I totally agree that we have many people who want those fender extensions... and fiberglass would be a better option anyday. And i am sure you will be able to find some in hyderabad. to start with check with Just dial(24444444) or any other directory services and they will give you a lead.

Let me know if you need any help here and i can try to and find out if there are any.

Wads
Old 13th November 2008, 06:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wads78 View Post
Fazal,

I totally agree that we have many people who want those fender extensions... and fiberglass would be a better option anyday. And i am sure you will be able to find some in hyderabad. to start with check with Just dial(24444444) or any other directory services and they will give you a lead.

Let me know if you need any help here and i can try to and find out if there are any.

Wads
Thanks Wads,
Time we started moving in that direction. I will chek that one, JD out.

Fazal
Old 13th November 2008, 06:52   #115
Senior - BHPian

Here I am trying to get rid of my Bolero tail lamps on 540 and who is this? who is this who is fitting newer model Bolero tail lamps on his Jeep???, another thing I noticed on the front mudguard a "Coorg Wildlife Society" sticker.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:13   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
So many, so many here want these fenders, if you all dont find someone who can do it, I am seriously thinking of starting fibreglass fabrication myself. It is much cheaper and faster than metal fabrication. Fazal
Add me also in the queue. It will be a fabulous idea if you start it.
Old 14th November 2008, 10:30   #117
BHPian

guys the fender flares seem to be offered on some mahindra pickups already. they look almost similar to the ones posted on above MM 540/550 .
Atleast the front fender flare for MM pickups looks close to what you are looking for.
please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th November 2008, 15:40   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
guys the fender flares seem to be offered on some mahindra pickups already. they look almost similar to the ones posted on above MM 540/550 .
Atleast the front fender flare for MM pickups looks close to what you are looking for.
please correct me if I am wrong.
VTEC,
No, the ones on the army jeeps are completely different. These are more broarder and have a different shape and start from the top part of the mudguard as compared to the the side fitted ones, like on commander.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:23   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

In my opinion for the rear fender flares to look good, they need a downward slope. The ones posted on the green mm540 don't look s good as the one one fazalaiadil 540. The army ones are the best ones I have seen so far.

If only we could find out from Mahindra which vendor they source it from, we could order it directly from the Vendor. Maybe anyone with some connections in Mahindra can help us find the Vendor.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 14th November 2008 at 21:24.
Old 15th November 2008, 00:22   #120
BHPian

Bhai saab 4x4addict. If you dont mind my saying so,don't you think it would be better to ask Behram or Sudhir for assistance in procuring the fenders than try to hijack Mahindra's vendor????
I am sure they will help out. If they cant,then we mightbe right in duplicating what the company has spent a good deal of money for as intepreted by us.And if anyone from mahindra helped you in your venture I am not sure he will be doing the right thing to his company. And I dont work for Mahindra either,nor am I a big fan of the way they dressed good looking CJ3Bs like old wrinkled housemaids.Or the MM540 for that matter.
cheers
jammy

If only we could find out from Mahindra which vendor they source it from, we could order it directly from the Vendor. Maybe anyone with some connections in Mahindra can help us find the Vendor.[/quote]

Last edited by MM440 : 15th November 2008 at 00:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks