Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 16:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Krishna,

Thats the neatest looking XDP I have seen on this forum.
For you to get all that from a factory fitment is truly divine intervention for you.

Only think I feel is missing is that 5th gear. Strange, from what I researched the Army XDPs always had the 5 gear box?
Old 10th August 2008, 00:38   #32
BHPian

well,

Quote:
One thing that you can definitely check for is the oil cooler that comes on the army version.
Yes, the owner was mentioning about the oil cooler when we opened the hood. I didnt get it that time. He also mentioned that the next time i change the hose, i use bolero's and not that of mm540's.
Quote:
Some interior pics please
Here you go.
Name:  100_2599 Medium.JPG
Views: 14762
Size:  65.2 KB
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-collage1-medium.jpg
Quote:
If it is not too much trouble can you post a few more pics especially of the rear area where your canvas top meets the rear deck
No trouble at all. Here they are.
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-collage2-medium.jpg
Quote:
You'd do good by having your local Jeep shop service / lubricate the 4WD equipment
The owner said he got the oil changed only 2 months before i bought. Even so, as soon as it came to bangalore, i got it serviced at mahindra and got every liquid changed and every joint grased. i get a decent mileage of 12 on the highway. haven't tested in the city though.
Quote:
You probably don't want to share how much you paid for the Jeep and we respect that. How about a ball park figure? In the range of a base Safari?
well, i paid 4L+change to get it. Couldnt let it go with all that stuff pre loaded and its minty smell. My friend who came along with me for the deal, said one thing that made me go for that price. He said
" This is exactly what u wanted. Just imagine that u are buying a new one and ur dad used it for all those 2k kms. Most probably you might not even find any other jeep that is anywhere near to what it offers. This is the 'one'. Go for it what ever, you wouldnt regret, but if you dont, u definitely will all your life till you find something similar which is highly unlikely.Tell me. if you are not buying, i shall "
I have been searching for jeeps for almost 5 months before that. Have seen a few, test driven a few, lost a few and finally almost settled for a 2 wheel drive. Some how this happened and i jumped at it.
Quote:
from what I researched the Army XDPs always had the 5 gear box?
As far as my knowledge goes army is not interested in highway cruise, so they do not come with 5 speed. anyways, the next time i am in hyderabad, let me peep into any of the army jeeps and confirm that.

Here are a few other pics of the external and under the body.
My Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-collage-medium.jpgMy Brand New MM550 XD 4x4-collage3-medium.jpg

Regards,
Krishna
Old 10th August 2008, 07:10   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Krishna,

The interiors are almost virgin man. This is one great jeep you have man. the more pictures you post, the more you will hear how lucky you are. REALLY.!!

BTW, I saw that the drivers seat has height adjustment and lumbar support buttons. Is that me dreaming and seeing things or are they for real. Imagine such luxury in jeeps during our OTR jaunts.
Old 10th August 2008, 08:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

@Krishna....you are a dawg
Seriously this is amazingly jealousy generating post. Congrats on getting your hand on this treasure man. cheers:
Old 10th August 2008, 09:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think MM550s had the 5 speeders, Cause the engine torque and Bhp.
Old 10th August 2008, 10:18   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
I think MM550s had the 5 speeders, Cause the engine torque and Bhp.
5 Speed was an option with the XD3P engine. The army versions have the 4 Speed. I think the post 2006 or 2007 army jeeps have the 5 speed.
Old 10th August 2008, 10:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

So where the ratios in the 4 speeder changed?
Old 10th August 2008, 11:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
Hi Ken,
The Army jeeps are configured in this manner only. The frame for the soft top can be fitted in the slot designed for the same.
Thanks, Major, you are a mind reader, that was what I was wondering about. In the very heavy monsoon area where I live you have to account for water if you are restoring. That is why I was interested in the rear seats and canvas.

Kit, thanks for the photos. That is one "Clean Machine". I have the intuition from your posts that it is in very good hands.
Old 10th August 2008, 11:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Very good jeep and for a price that makes me drool for one.
If Mahindra was to offer all that kit to the usual showroom customer im sure the price would be in th 6.5lakhs range.
Nothings better than factory fit kit.
I think you are lucky twice over buddy... not to mention that you got 2000kms running in for free.
Have fun. cheers:

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 10th August 2008 at 11:44.
Old 10th August 2008, 11:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

oye balley balley i m lovin it. MORE!

Those interiors are BRAND NEW!

front seats simply AMAZING!

are you sure M&M provided all this as standard OEM stuff?

cheers:
Old 10th August 2008, 23:55   #41
BHPian

hey,
Thank you guys. well, iam overwhelmed.
Quote:
BTW, I saw that the drivers seat has height adjustment and lumbar support buttons
Khan, yes. What you see are the bum and thigh support buttons. Actually rotating screw types. Turn them and the bum goes down and the thighs go up and vice versa. The seats have 4 adjustments in total. Front-back,the 2 we are talking about and the normal push back.
Quote:
front seats simply AMAZING!are you sure M&M provided all this as standard OEM stuff?
Parm, the owner has changed the seats. He said they are the seats of his old landrover. Have seen mahindra giving bucket seats these days to the army guys but am not sure if they have those two buttons discussed above.

Regards,
Krishna
Old 11th August 2008, 09:29   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
... Khan, yes. What you see are the bum and thigh support buttons. Actually rotating screw types. Turn them and the bum goes down and the thighs go up and vice versa. The seats have 4 adjustments in total. Front-back,the 2 we are talking about and the normal push back.
You know Krishna, I have never been tempted to steal or rob but your jeep tempts me men. The first thing i would steal/rob is your drivers seat.

Really man, you need to tie extra large lemons and green chillies to your jeep now so that 'nazar na lage'.

Enjoy madi boss.
Old 11th August 2008, 09:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Awesome jeep !!! Anytime you wanna sell her, just let us know. You'll have a bunch of folks making a beeline for your house.

Take good care of her, and enjoy the drive, man.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:00   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
...Anytime you wanna sell her, just let us know. You'll have a bunch of folks making a beeline for your house...
@Lalvaz, You are #45674 in the queue. Please wait for your turn.

This jeep is for keeps. I doubt if Krishna will even think of selling it.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

I love the interiors. Well maintained. Hope we can see the jeep in next off-roading... Cheers

Most Viewed