Old 13th August 2008, 18:21   #16
BHPian

Congrats buddy!
Still waiting for the pics.
Old 13th August 2008, 20:22   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Recent additions - Samurai, kittagadu, and now you. Somemore guys on the search. Great.
Don't forget V-16, wildcard,aquamaverick,oldmodel,Monster_BHP,madbull ram,sreerajunnithan... all in last 2-3 months.
Old 13th August 2008, 22:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Don't forget V-16, wildcard,aquamaverick,oldmodel,Monster_BHP,madbull ram,sreerajunnithan... all in last 2-3 months.
Thanks Samurai. Time to take some memory pills
Old 13th August 2008, 22:38   #19
BHPian

Yes i have also been bitten by the 4x4 bug , Modifying a 4wd 540 with inputs from the forum and gurus like Arka, Behram ,Samurai,4x4 addict et al.Planned to accessorise it and fit a winch and LSD.Wil post pics when iam done.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and Welcome to the club buddy. Great looking ride you have there. Please post complete set of pics for us to salivate.

Last edited by V-16 : 14th August 2008 at 10:29.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:25   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Yes i have also been bitten by the 4x4 bug , Modifying a 4wd 540 with inputs from the forum and gurus like Arka, Behram ,Samurai,4x4 addict et al.Planned to accessorise it and fit a winch and LSD.Wil post pics when iam done.
Have you installed the LSD you sourced?
Old 14th August 2008, 10:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestraveller View Post
Ok I'm affected by the 4x4 fever too. Just couldn't help it so I went out and bought myself a 1991 Jeep Wrangler. Will post more details and pics tomorrow. For now, just this one picture
Hi Bluestraveller,

The only solution to your 4x4 fever is to go do some hardcore four wheeling in your new Jeep.

If you are anywhere near California, we can do the Rubicon Trail, or some other insane trail. I will be over there in September, so give me a shout if you want to get together.

Congratulations on your new rig,

Gaurav
Old 14th August 2008, 11:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
Congrats. When are you starting a new thread on this with pictures?
Old 14th August 2008, 11:55   #24
BHPian

Congratulations. Looking forward to some on/ off road pics & a description of the Jeep.
Old 14th August 2008, 14:19   #25
BHPian

I just asked my friend to enquire with his dad who works in the army to look out for a MM550 XD, any idea how much they might quote? Or if anyone has any info on where i can procure one?.

Also, if i wanted to import the Wrangler from US, does DMV register RHD vehicles in US so i can later import it under Transfer of Residence.
Old 14th August 2008, 17:06   #26
BHPian

The LSD is from Auburn gears USA.It is waiting to be lifted should reach me by three weeks time. It weighs quite a bit my sister says, so not many willing people to bring.
will post once fitted.
Old 20th August 2008, 02:52   #27
BHPian

Thanks to all of you. I have been having super fun with the wrangler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Oh, he is very cute. Certainly its pouring 4x4's in here.
Recentadditions - Samurai, kittagadu, and now you. Somemore guys on the search. Great.
oh no, how do I know where is this guy? When can I see him in flesh? Location is in different lang.
Is it telugu? Kanada?
mjothi, as santosh said its Kannada. However I live in the US for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
And definitely looks like its in the US and this pixed in a Motel Parking lot if i ain't wrong.
HaHa..thats my apt complex. It does looka little run down but love the duplexes.This is not the first time somebody mistook it for a motel
Old 20th August 2008, 03:02   #28
BHPian

Sorry for the bad quality pics. Will upload better ones next time. I did try a little offroading this weekend. There was a dirt track I found and ventured into it only to get stuck :(. I put a few pebbles and stones to get out and had to climb up in a zig zag fashion as the wheels spun, and the only motion was sideways. There was no rescue vehicle with me so I was scared to go through the entire track. It was an amazing experience for a first time off-roader. Plan to take on much more through a local club here. Will keep you guys posted.
Attached Thumbnails
T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep4.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep5.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep6.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep1.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep2.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep7.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep8.jpg  

T-BHP Jeep Epidemic continues..now a 91 wrangler-jeep9.jpg  

Last edited by bluestraveller : 20th August 2008 at 03:03.
Old 20th August 2008, 03:19   #29
BHPian

If you have been pampered for a long time with power steering, AC, power windows, power everything, this jeep is going to turn out to be a big surprise. I guess that's why they call it a "jeep thing" your either appreciate it or you don't. This is definitely not a daily drive but what the heck, if you live in a small town like me where the traffic is minimal, roads curve and the path is hilly, getting hooked to this beauty will happen naturally.
Yeah the story started on T-BHP when I used to sneak into the forum from my office computer (when I was supposedly working). The endless discussions the beautiful photos and the energy that came out of so many discussions made we want to own one so bad. The hunt started and I was thinking the Wrangler was just another American set of wheels that would come easy and hell yeah! I was totally wrong. These Jeeps hold their value really well. It didn't take long before I realized I need to stretch my budget. Searched around for two long weeks , test drove so many but the price was just not rite. As it always happens it turns out there was one round the corner that I had failed to check.

Engine Specs

> The jeep has a 4 cylinder, 2.5 Liter, 112BHP Petrol Engine
> The 4WD Options: 2h,4h and 4l (More on this later)
> 5 Speed Manual
> No Modifications done on it. Its very much stock.
>Torque: 138-139

Riding this jeep on the freeway can be quite an experience. The steering has at least h an inch of free play and until you get used to it its quite scary when you have take a curve at 65MPH. Yes, thats all I could do anything more the jeep would vibrate all its nuts off. Is this normal?

I have tons of questions that I would post with pics. I still don't understand the 4x4 system very well so my first question would be on the 4h mode.
-on my jeep its really hard to engage wheres the 4l shifts like a hot knife through butter? why is this? I literally have to use enough force to engage it into 4h.
- Where do i check transmission oil? or oil that lubricates the 4x4? is Q1 based on this?
-I read everywhere that wranglers have a vacuum switch that fail regularly. Can anybody explain this vacuum system a little bit more?
Thanks guys
Old 20th August 2008, 09:33   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey buddy, lokks like you already starting to have fun and getting addicted to your jeep. Great going.

I would suggest that you NEVER venture out alone on a OTR -- especially if you don;t know the trail. Always do it in a pair at least. Good that you decided to come back.

Regarding your 4H problem, there should not be an issue. the Jeep/Wrangler experts can tell you more. PM RedMM340 on this and he will be able to help you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks