Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2008, 18:05   #1

Buy an assembled jeep or a 2nd hand one?

Hi Guys,
My name is Abhinav and this is my first post at the forum.

It is really good to see so many jeep enthusiasts here and the love people have to this car even when there are so many other cars around.

I always wanted to buy a jeep since since ages but never had a chance. My dad promised one since I was 16 but as you can tell he’s not good at keeping all his promises. I was abroad for over 6-7 years and came back in late 2006. After being back in Ahmedabad, the long lost love has risen again.

A cousin of mine has a jeep similar to willy and he got it assembled here in Ahmedabad. It costs around 1.5 lakhs and the entire jeep is assembled by a local mechanic. The mechanic assembles all parts from scratch and he gets them from Rajasthan and Haryana (including the chassis). I am not too sure if I can trust it for long drives.

I am looking for a second hand jeep but haven’t come across any. Does anyone know where can I buy a second hand Classic or a willy in or around Ahmedabad.

Thanks,
~Abhi
Old 30th August 2008, 19:46   #2
BANNED

dont rely on assembled jeeps...though it costs less.. u cant rely on it...better get an used jeep and recondition it..its better deal..
Old 30th August 2008, 21:10   #3
BHPian

Hi Abhinav,

Don't go for assembled jeeps. They are not reliable for long drives. If it is possible go for a second hand jeep or a new jeep. They would be more reliable than assembled ones.
Old 30th August 2008, 21:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

never ever rely on assembled cars unless you are personally involved with the car assembly. also if you are a jeep fan, i hope you wont go for a dabwala jeep (those horrible moded jeeps with toyota engines & square lights.) look out for a classic/mm340 or a mm540/550.
Old 30th August 2008, 22:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
never ever rely on assembled cars unless you are personally involved with the car assembly. also if you are a jeep fan, i hope you wont go for a dabwala jeep (those horrible moded jeeps with toyota engines & square lights.) look out for a classic/mm340 or a mm540/550.
its dabwali jeeps.

anyway abhi, you need to locate or find a used jeep, recondition it under your supervision and get on with your dream of owning a jeep.

forgets assembled jeeps!
Old 31st August 2008, 01:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Take advice from Another Abhinav, Abhinav

Forget the assembled ones, try for used ones. Will be much better for the extra cents.
Old 31st August 2008, 06:51   #7
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st August 2008 at 20:59. Reason: See note.
mdesai_1981 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks