Team-BHP - Posting pics of my Ford GPW 1942
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Posting pics of my Ford GPW 1942 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/45763-posting-pics-my-ford-gpw-1942-a.html)

I am one of the member of Islamabad Jeep Club (IJC). I am the proud owner of Ford GPW 1942.
Nickatnite posted a link of this site, I was impressed by the pics n discussions. Now I am here to be part of this offroading community.
I am new to this site so kindly bear my mistakes n all that.
Will learn n post pics n videos on regular basis.
I believe in hardcore offroading.
It is always man behind the machine.

Thanx

Posting few pics of my ride.

Hope u will like them.

Welcome aboard, Aamir. That's an immaculately maintained GPW. I can't believe that she is still worthy of off-roading. Great pictures...have you restored her yourself? Would be great to hear of its history.

AAmir welcome to Indian 4x4 community and team BHP! Your jeep looks good and has a very unique paint shade. Not many prefer this on GPW. Also the wheels look different. Not in place at first instance, but grows on you slowly.

I heard pakistan has some good 4wd terrain. Please do post pics of the same.

Welcome to team-bhp. Would have loved to get a closer view of your seats. Looks like original. Are they? Does the driver side seat's back rest fold down?

WOW. Couldn't have known it is 60+ years old! Please post details about the engine specs too. And are the other vehicles of similar vintage too?

balley balley aamir saab, those are real beauties you have posted. the care shows which have been put into those jeeps in maintaining them.

welcome to the forum janaab.

Welcome to Team-BHP Aamir. Thats one amazing ride you have. Post some more pictures.

--Sree--

Aamir,

Welcome to T-BHP. That's a great looking GPW you have there my friend. I am pretty sure that there must be a very very active jeeper community in Pakistan.

Do post details of your GPW and what all you have done/restored etc.

Is parts availability an issue in Pakistan or do you get parts easily. The reason i ask is because here in India, Mahindra continued the legacy of jeeps so we have parts available (maybe some difficulty for willys/GPW's etc). Which company, if any, carried the jeep legacy forward in Pakistan?

Cheers,

@aamir567, hi, welcome to t-bhp. Nice Jeep. Whats the mechanicals like? Any conversions or have you maintained it in Original.

How many GPWs are there in your group? And what is the size of your NDMS - is it 7.00x16?

Hello Aamir,
welcome to our group Team-BHP.
The two jeeps are beautiful indeed and so are the locales.

A few questions just out of curiosity...............as the answers will make us understand the jeep scene better in our neighbourhood.

May I ask if these jeeps are M38s with World War II body shells?
Which differentials are used in the yellow Jeep? The axles appear to be different.
Do you easily get M151 wheel rims there?
Are NOS parts of the WW II jeeps readily available?
And what about the NDMS tyres? Which makes are common.
Is there any restriction on registration of old jeeps in the Capital and other big towns?
In India we have plenty of jeep clones being built, do you have a similar situation there?
Are Japanese power trains very commonly used in your jeeps? And are Mahindra parts sold in Pakistan too?

Hope to get many more fascinating off road pictures and jeep related info.
Welcome once again to our forum,
Yours...........................................UB S (Uday Bhan Singh)

Welcome man! I guess you are the first member from across the border, I may be wrong though.
hats off to you for keeping it alive.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Thanx a lot for warm welcome. I really appreciate.
Well this is Ford GPW 1942 in original petrol engine with most of original parts.
I restored it in 1990. Bought it from junk n restored it myself.
As far as parts r concerned they were readily available when i restored but now parts r not available every where, u have to work hard.
Seats r original.
Rims r of M151 with 600.16 ND General tyres.

Will post more pics of my Jeep.

Can i post link from our website.
We have thousands of action pics on Net.
Also hundreds of Videos on youtube.

I am new to ur site so kindly guide me.

Thanx Aamir Malik

Aamir bhai whah wha.

Welcome to T-BHP.

Wonderful ford's i'am seeing, and should commend your guts to have put it thorough such rigorous tests.

Awsome jeeps and also the community there, Whats the jeep club called BTW.

Kindly post the links, we are waiting