Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2008, 00:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Hi Sree,
Is there a significant difference between the servo-assisted drum brake compared to the disk for normal conditions (barring the cases of crossing a waterbody etc)?
Mine is servo assisted drum brake. Its like cars (Even more effective if you have disk upfront). Braking is so effortless and pedals are suspended from top. The reason is, Servo is doing he job for you. I drove one of my friend's MM540 4WD, and i must admit that those brakes are also excellent. But only thing is you need a little more stress to apply it.

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 27th October 2008, 11:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
Mine is servo assisted drum brake. Its like cars (Even more effective if you have disk upfront). Braking is so effortless and pedals are suspended from top.
Thanks
--Sree--
Okk, so for servo-assisted drums also, the pedals are suspended. I initially thought to go for front-disk for my coming jeep project, but now I think a servo-assisted drum will be good enough, it will save on the cost.
Old 29th October 2008, 16:45   #18
BHPian

I am also looking for a jeep, and before hunting panagarh I did contact Udayda, he is the living encyclopedia of jeeps, couple of things first yes jeeps can be fitted with AC , no problem as sree has said u need to insulate that top secondly no responsive steering can be taken care of , even PS can be fitted. Though I would not like a PS in my jeep as a conscious decission. CJ3B would be my pref however if I dont get a decent one I will leave it for Udayda to decide the basic vehicle.

Most Viewed