Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 01:41   #181
Senior - BHPian

Wow! What a wonderful thread.
Congrats Sabareesh! Indeed,its been a really good journey from where you started.Amazing work done on the jeep. And pretty quick too,if I may say so.
Enjoy every minute in the Jeep! Drive safe!
Old 2nd April 2009, 16:52   #182
BHPian

some queries..

Hi Friends,

Just a query... today morning while going through regular JEEPer's duties under the bonnet, I could see fan belt's marks on the radiator pipe. Though the fan belt was not rubbing on the hose, I am a bit skeptical about it now that I have seen the damage.

Just wanted your suggestions on it. Please see the pics.

See the circled part...

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00101.jpg

This pic was taken with the Engine On, the belt is not touching the hose, how come the mark then ???

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00100.jpg

One more thing, I saw some oil leakage part from this part of the engine, it it normal ? Can anybody help me with this part's name ??

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00108.jpg

I have added a new soft top as of now to cope up with summer heat. Will click some pics and upload it tomorrow.

Last edited by Sabareesh : 2nd April 2009 at 16:56.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:03   #183
BHPian

JEEP Gurus,

Please help me on this issue. I guess my thread has got lost
Old 6th April 2009, 11:49   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Sabareesh - your thread has not got lost. I saw your PM also but I am just not getting time, that's all. The marking in the hose pipe is due to the belt rubbing with it. This dimension is critical and therefore hose diameter is reduced in this area as you can see. The reasons are incorrect belt tension and undesireable movement of the engine as related to the radiator due to sagging of engine mounting insulators. Check them out. The minor seepage of engine oil is from the filler cap. This has a gauze below it for ventilation of the crankcase. I remember that your vehicle did not have the cap when you recieved it. You have fitted the cap subsequently. This cap does not seem to be OE supply (original equipment), so crankcase pressure will exceed 50 mm of water column which will lead to such symptoms. I suggest you go to Global Gallerie in Panvel which is nearest from Ambarnath, contact Chandrakant there, let him talk to me and I will guide you in totality. Also check the oil consumption rate (cc / 1000 kms) and PM me the details.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 7th April 2009, 12:43   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
The marking in the hose pipe is due to the belt rubbing with it. This dimension is critical and therefore hose diameter is reduced in this area as you can see. The reasons are incorrect belt tension and undesireable movement of the engine as related to the radiator due to sagging of engine mounting insulators. Check them out.
Ok Sir, will get it checked at Global Gallerie Thane or Panvel, My Scorpio is regularly serviced at Thane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
The minor seepage of engine oil is from the filler cap. This has a gauze below it for ventilation of the crankcase. I remember that your vehicle did not have the cap when you received it. You have fitted the cap subsequently. This cap does not seem to be OE supply (original equipment), so crankcase pressure will exceed 50 mm of water column which will lead to such symptoms.

Also check the oil consumption rate (cc / 1000 kms) and PM me the details.
Point noted sir.

Btw, there is one more issue with the JEEP, my Fuel Gauge meter barely moves above the Empty mark even if the tank is filled up 3/4th. Also, Diesel leaks from the Tank Cap if the tank is full or filled up 3/4th.

What is the remedy for this ???
Old 25th May 2009, 10:40   #186
BHPian

Did some D.I.Y this weekend.

The Radiator drain plug was leaking water for quite sometime, and the left side headlight was not working when in Dipper mode.

I finally decided to fix it on Sunday.

Brought a new bulb, fixed up the headlight and then sat down to sort out the radiator plug issue.

First, I un-screwed the old plug and took it to the friendly neighborhood spare parts shop for identification. Purchased a new one for 20 bucks and fixed it. Here are the pics.

The old plug and the new one.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00001.jpg

See the joint where the old one was broken. Sorry for the blurred pic.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00003.jpg

The new one fixed on the slot. I topped up the radiator after this to check whether there was a leak. There was none, Hurray !! D.I.Y done successfully

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00004.jpg

Btw, I had to add pics of my JEEP with the soft top. Since I use it as a daily drive now, I opted for a soft top to avoid the heat and dust.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00005.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00006.jpg

Last edited by Sabareesh : 25th May 2009 at 10:41.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:54   #187
BHPian

I got some modifications done to my fuel tank last week. The cap and gasket were intact but fuel used to leak even with 1/2 tank of diesel.

I brought Indica's fuel cap and neck from CST Road and got it gas welded to the tank after removing the existing neck. After this modification, I topped up fuel and went for a small off-road session nearby to check results. It worked perfectly.

No no more spillage .

Here are some pics of the trail where the JEEP was checked. I haven't clicked the close ups of the setup, will click in a day or 2 and post those as well.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00096.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00097.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00098.jpg

Last edited by Sabareesh : 7th September 2009 at 15:07.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:14   #188
Senior - BHPian

sabareesh,
Your jeep looks good and is functional! Please change that rear view mirror. Fit Bolero's mirrors LH & RH.Goes well with this jeep. Will help you reversing the vehicle lot easier especially because of a huge blind spot in the rear 3 quarters.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:31   #189

I have been having the same issue with fuel leak in my jeep , welding a indica fuel cap is a smart idea I shall try that too!!
Old 7th September 2009, 16:15   #190
BHPian

Awesome thread Sabareesh enjoyed going through it a lot..the last picture is really good.. please can you post the total cost of the resto.. Would be very grateful if you did
cheers
Old 9th September 2009, 10:24   #191
BHPian

Here are the pics of the modified Fuel tank neck. Sorry for the poor quality of pics, they were taken from cellphone cam.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00099.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00100.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00101.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00102.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks