Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2008, 09:45   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairaam rai View Post
.....I have also started the process of rebuilding my mm540, wanted to start a new thread on that, can you pl advice how i can go about doing it?
What are you waiting for? Click on the 'new topic' button and start with posting some present condition pictures, the status as on date, what you are planning to do etc etc. Nothing is more captivating than seeing a new thread on a jeep getting rebuilt/modifiedcheers:.
-Best regards,
Old 17th November 2008, 13:09   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Hi Sabareesh,

Jeep will certainly look great in that color. ( Later, try BFG or NDMS 7.5 X 16" & Classic styled rollcage)

BTW, what about that red Classic in B/G. Is it 4wd & for sale. (Asking price must be high then)

Best luck for further work.
I am trying to get 7.00x16 NDMS for my JEEP. Its really hard to find them. Tell me something, will it take any modifications to accomodate the 7.00x16 to my JEEP ?????

A rollcage is in the list of to do's but I have to wait till my pockets fill up.

The red JEEP is actually a CJ340 made to look like a Classic, It is not for sale. It belongs to some friend of the garage owner, its been lying in the garage for ages for some unknown problems with the gearbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVS View Post
Sabreesh,

Congrats!! All the best for the restoration.

I have plenty of memories with the Jeep. I recently booked a Safari 4X4, I do not think it will be the same as driving the jeep a real off-roader.

Waiting to see the restored jeep.

Cheers

KVS
Congrats on your new 4x4 Safari KVS....I can very well relate to the feelings evoked by fond memories of JEEPs. Will surely update the thread as and when i visit the garage to check updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairaam rai View Post
I have been following your thread closely , your jeep is turning out quite nicely. as of yesterday i have also started the process of rebuilding my mm540, wanted to start a new thread on that, can you pl advice how i can go about doing it?
Phew... lots of JEEP restorations happening in TeamBHP, welcome to the JEEPers club. Put in a new thread by clicking "new topic" button on the top left corner just above the "threads in the forum" heading. I am following all the JEEP restoration threads keenly, your thread would be a wonderful addition to it.

All the best for you restoration
Old 17th November 2008, 13:25   #123

Phew... lots of JEEP restorations happening in TeamBHP, welcome to the JEEPers club. Put in a new thread by clicking "new topic" button on the top left corner just above the "threads in the forum" heading. I am following all the JEEP restoration threads keenly, your thread would be a wonderful addition to it.

All the best for you restoration [/quote]

I wonder if it is because i am still being moderated or I have not set the page correctly but I cant seem to find the new post tab.
Old 19th November 2008, 19:55   #124

sorry for hijacking your thread sabreesh, but as i am not able to open a new thread, i will as you to advice me on the following, I have received a quote from the garage as follows, would really appreciate if the experts could advice me whether the quoted prices seem reasonable.

1.Engine overhualing ,Reboring,Changing main and connecting Bearings
Piston and Rings Major Gasket Kit and necessary parts Rs.23000/-

2.Complete Vehicle Painting colour of your choice Rs.18000/-

3.Tinkering Complete Vehicle Rs.8500/-

4.Seats and Top Rs.7500/-

5.Radiator assembly Rs.4860/-

6.suspention work Rs.3750/-

7.All four springblade resetting Rs.2400/-

8.Complete Electrical works & Changing head lights
and Necassary cutouts Rs.4500/-

9.Door Beadings and Channels Rs.1250/-

Total Rs.73,760

pl treat this as urgent because I need to finalise this with him and get the job completed by the 10th of dec because I am planning to drive down from blore to trivandrum on the 19th of dec. thanking you in advance,
Sai
Old 25th November 2008, 13:27   #125
BHPian

Hi Sabareesh,

Any updates on the jeep? I am very closely following up this thread.

I was also tryed to get NDMS 7.00/16 for more than 2 months with MRF zonal office in bangalore and many MRF dealers, but failed. Considered the Sandgrip 7.50/16 (which was readily available in bangalore and the rate is Rs. 4650 per tyre and tube) but had opinions from Jeep thrills members that the spec will make more hard on the steering for my CJ500DI. So finally made up my mind for NDMS 6.00/16.

Ram.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:21   #126
BHPian

Hai Ram,

I could not visit the garage for past 2 weeks cos I am out of town for some official work. Will be getting back to town tomorrow evening. I will check the JEEP day after tomorrow and post the updates for sure...

I had called the mechanic and was told that Paint job, wiring, oil change are done.. Seat work is remaining which should be done in a day or 2. My front propeller shaft's universal joint is cracked & the shaft is bent, though it can be fixed, my mechanic suggests that we should procure a new shaft unit.... so the hunting would begin once I am back....

Thanks for being glued to the thread...really appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions..
Old 25th November 2008, 18:21   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Considered the Sandgrip 7.50/16 (which was readily available in bangalore and the rate is Rs. 4650 per tyre and tube) but had opinions from Jeep thrills members that the spec will make more hard on the steering for my CJ500DI. So finally made up my mind for NDMS 6.00/16.

Ram.
Hey Ram,

Can you give us the details like phone, Address of the dealer who is selling those Sand grip tyres? they are not easily available in Hyderabad and the dealers who are selling them are charging anything between 6-7 thousand.

Thanks in advance

Wads
Old 26th November 2008, 09:13   #128
BHPian

Wads,

MRF Dealer - Prajwal Tyres,
Contact - Nagesh - 9844022393,
Tyre - MRF Sandgrip 7.50/16

Check with him if he has got the stock still.

Ram.
Old 26th November 2008, 09:53   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Sabareesh - please DO NOT use 7.50*16. It will ruin the ride and crack the bodyshell all over the place. Don't waste money. You can use the front propeller shaft of the production CL550MDIMajor4WD. I got your PM.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 26th November 2008, 10:34   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Sabareesh - please DO NOT use 7.50*16. It will ruin the ride and crack the bodyshell all over the place. Don't waste money. You can use the front propeller shaft of the production CL550MDIMajor4WD. I got your PM.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Ok Sir, I will do as you instructed. Currently I am not getting new tyres because the current ones are in a decent shape. I will plan to change them after 3 - 4 OTRs. Can I use 7.00x16 NDMS on the JEEP without any modifications ?? Will it suit the vehicle ??
Old 26th November 2008, 14:57   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Sir,

I was thinking of putting 7.5o*16' on my 540. Are you saying that they are not good for 540 either... or just for Sabareesh's jeep?

Thanks
Old 26th November 2008, 15:21   #132
Team-BHP Support

The 7.5x16 NDMS is absolutely not available and even 7x16 NDMS is not easily available.

My Jeep came with Apollo Storm (235/75R15) and I am still wondering about the best tyre to replace it for both onroad and offroad use.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:56   #133
BHPian

Update time friends,

Paint job & wiring completed, Oils changed... The JEEP is almost done. I am in the process of procuring the front propeller shaft. A new battery and the brackets have to be fetched too. The fan belt snapped day before yesterday, so a new fan belt has to be added to the list too. The JEEP is currently on test, the Garage guy wants to drive it 100 - 150 kms before delivery to ensure that its running properly.

Have got some pics, Sorry for the poor quality of lighting because of the Shade above.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00075.jpg

This image will give you a good idea about the paint shade.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00076.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00077.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00078.jpg

I was stunned when I checked the speedo, it had more than 2 lac kms on it . After checking with the garage guy, I came to know that the Speedo was picked up from another JEEP as my JEEP's speedo went kaput.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00079.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00080.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00081.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00082.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00083.jpg

As you can see that the front propeller shaft is not present. The hunting is still on.

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00084.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00086.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00087.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00088.jpg

Amma... look what I found... a 4x4 JEEP !!!-dsc00089.jpg
Sabareesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2008, 11:42   #134
BHPian

Hi Sabareesh,

Congrats on your Jeep that is ready to hit the off roads.

Just wanted to ask you a question, was your jeep an army disposal CJ3b?

Regards,

Randeep
Old 1st December 2008, 11:52   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Congrats on your Jeep that is ready to hit the off roads.
Not yet, not without 4WD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks