Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 23:37   #1
BHPian

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40

Dear Friends
Toyota to me is like a best friend, i take care of her and she never lets me down anywhere. I do belive that the driver matters but we cant ignore the fact that the machine counts big time esp in the latest models. Wat i love about a toyota is that it has all the right ingridiants. Power comes from the huge B2 engine which is a low rpm high torque engine which is as simple as 2 plus 2. Reliability comes from the badge which says toyota. The ride height gives loads of advantage during obstacle mode. Suspension is right about perfect not that hard or soft. It performs great on all surfaces known to man. It looks as good as it performs. Over all i love this machine, because it is a all rounder as i use it all year when ever i feel the need too. Its got a leather top with a working a/c and heater which makes it ideal for a second car and not just a show piece to be used every sunday.

Vehicle Specs

Model : BJ40 Toyota

Year Model : 1982

Performance Extras : Fully Overhauled, B2 Engine (3200cc).5 speed transmission.Toyota original Powersteering,Disc brakes, AirFilter replacing the oil filter,new model fan(7 leaf), both axles and tubes replaced by new kabli geniune 82 model ones,handbrake added, Ac/Heater,5 leaf suspension, New 4x4,Everything New under the Hood.
For Videos visit ([COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u … ad&p=r[/COLOR])

Interior Extras : Landcruiser prado II Dash board fully with a/c vents. Surf bucket Seats,Cd player,6 speaker sound system, Custom made back seat and Bull Bars & side bars.Full dual tonned leather Interior.

Exterior Extras : New half doors, new back door, Front custom grill.Mudguards Skirt.16' alloys cromed rims, 285 tyres m/t.Full leather soft top with a bikini top.A few things which i wud like to mention here are that this jeep was a hard top. Hard top was taken down and the body was strippped naked, all the floor was redone with the mud guards replaced by kabli ones.The jeep's floor was matted fully by a inch think rubber layer. After the mattalic paint job (2k)it is fully carpetted with floor mats.
Attached Thumbnails
My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-islamabadjeepclub19theventpics006_lpq_pakwheelscom.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-3_zjh_pakwheelscom.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_2462_web_pa4_pakwheelscom.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_2464_web_dyl_pakwheelscom.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_7443.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_9481.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_9511.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_9861.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-salmantop_8n7_pakwheelscom.jpg  

My Toyota Landcruiser BJ40-dsc_1689_uvf_pakwheelscom.jpg  

Old 21st October 2008, 00:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the forum. i must say thats a very nice toyota you have and your love for the toyota shows in the care you have given to it.

i thought nobody was allowed to wear a bikini in pakistan!

cheers:

Last edited by Parm : 21st October 2008 at 00:36.
Old 21st October 2008, 00:44   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Wow watta offroader you got there, this thing seems like nothing can stop it.

welcome to tbhp !!
Old 21st October 2008, 11:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great looking, capable ride you have. I am curious. Do you guys have trouble getting spare parts for this Toyota and your other off roaders? It seems the Indian manufacturers have gone SUV happy. The result of that is that basic 4 wheel drive vehicles are few and their parts are a little hard to find. Generally speaking.
Old 21st October 2008, 13:09   #5
BHPian

great car tlc
really love all the ijc photo posts
and the videos on you tube
would love to have some of those rides you guys own here in india
minus the 110% import duties
Old 21st October 2008, 16:59   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
welcome to the forum. i must say thats a very nice toyota you have and your love for the toyota shows in the care you have given to it.

i thought nobody was allowed to wear a bikini in pakistan!

cheers:
Thnx for the welcome dude,and you are right i do love this ride alot and give her proper respect which she deserves. About the bikini part she looks so hot in it that they could not stop her from weraing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Wow watta offroader you got there, this thing seems like nothing can stop it.

welcome to tbhp !!
Thnx aza, well up till now nothing could stop it and she has never let me down as i have put her to many tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Great looking, capable ride you have. I am curious. Do you guys have trouble getting spare parts for this Toyota and your other off roaders? It seems the Indian manufacturers have gone SUV happy. The result of that is that basic 4 wheel drive vehicles are few and their parts are a little hard to find. Generally speaking.
Thnx for the compliment man. Well toyota what ever model, most of the parts are available here in pakistan. We do face some problems some times but with other badges not toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
great car tlc
really love all the ijc photo posts
and the videos on you tube
would love to have some of those rides you guys own here in india
minus the 110% import duties
Well here too we have to pay 100% duties on most of the imported rides. It varies from car to car on engine specifications, goes from 75% to 125%. YEa i know thats sad !

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st October 2008 at 21:23. Reason: Hi, please make use of our MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts. Read how in the FAQs.
Old 21st October 2008, 18:47   #7
BHPian

@tlcfj40
Man this is the same Land Rover i liked on the pics posted by Aamir bhai on another thread about the Club meet. He said its the best one in the club and the pics really personify the statement.
That a damn good machine you have got there.
Old 21st October 2008, 18:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
@tlcfj40
Man this is the same Land Rover i liked on the pics posted by Aamir bhai on another thread about the Club meet. He said its the best one in the club and the pics really personify the statement.
Sorry if you are referring to something alse, but here the Vehicle that TLC owns is a Toyota Land Cruiser.
The Land Rover Defender's owner is, I guess different.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Sorry if you are referring to something alse, but here the Vehicle that TLC owns is a Toyota Land Cruiser.
Whoops! Sorry typo error!
I am indeed refering to he same Toyota Land CRUISER!
My appologies for mixing the Jap with the Brit.
Old 21st October 2008, 20:56   #10
BHPian

Welcome Salman on this Website. You will have lot of appreciations from all the Team BHP members cas they love Offroaders n their rides.
As i already mentioned This TLC is one of the best in town.
Offroading skills of salman is out standing in all the IJC events.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:33   #11
rippergeo

welcome to team bhp! I now have a new favourite car, yours! out goes the MM540, in comes the BJ40. simply brilliant, and that paint job looks dashing!

Old 21st October 2008, 22:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum buddy. Enjoy your stay. Your ride is simply fantastic!!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 21st October 2008 at 22:12.
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
@tlcfj40
Thnx abhik for your kind words. Ammir bhai is too generous when he is praising us and our rides, as far as i am concerned i have learnt alot from him as he is the best. He has taught me how to test our machines and what they are really made for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
Thnx for correcting abhik..

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir567 View Post
Welcome Salman on this Website. You will have lot of appreciations from all the Team BHP members cas they love Offroaders n their rides.
As i already mentioned This TLC is one of the best in town.
Offroading skills of salman is out standing in all the IJC events.
Thank you ammir bhai, you are very kind to me while using your words. I did decide to join teambhp after going through your threads here, felt that there are loads of people here who are on the same page as us when it comes to their love for offroading & 4x4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
welcome to team bhp! I now have a new favourite car, yours! out goes the MM540, in comes the BJ40. simply brilliant, and that paint job looks dashing!
Thank you for the welcome rippergeo. It truely is a amazing machine even with out the new fancy technology. Its preformance is amazing, was shocked to see how good it preforms with its simple formulae of raw power with high torque axles and good clearance. And about the paint job took me about a month to decide this colour its a mettalic blue (2k) off a fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Welcome to the forum buddy. Enjoy your stay. Your ride is simply fantastic!!
Thnx buddy. With all the compliments why wouldnt i enjoy the stay. As it goes with mcdonalds. Im lovin it!

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd October 2008 at 17:00. Reason: As mentioned before - please make use of our MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts. Read how in the FAQs.
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

i wonder when can we pass through wagah to enjoy, with our rides!

cheers:
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:00   #15
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard, nice ride. Seems like a real go-anywhere, do-anything sort of machine, with basic comforts as well.

How about adding some seatbelts as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks