Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 12:05   #46
BHPian

really nice work. small changes do make a big difference! btw if possible try and replace the current set of fog lights with some Hellas. they would complete the look
Old 4th November 2008, 12:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Thanks, digitalrider,
I have started a new "Hyderabad MM540 before and now" thread in which you can see the before and after pics of my jeep.
I am 47, not from St. Mary's, but from All Saints.
Im sorry! i guess i confused you with someone else. Road No. 10 has a bit too many immaculate jeeps.
Hyderabadis have this fascination for CJ 7/4s. Ive almost lost count of how many beautifully restored/ remodeled MM/ Kaisers i have seen!
Old 4th November 2008, 12:10   #48
BHPian

@fazalaliadil: wonderful looking Jeep. Those Army rims with Sandgrip tyres look awesome. Why dont you put NDMS tyres on same rims?

I liked the color as well. Really neat looking jeep.

Cheers!
-Vaspro
Old 4th November 2008, 12:11   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
really nice work. small changes do make a big difference! btw if possible try and replace the current set of fog lights with some Hellas. they would complete the look
Anyone can remodel a jeep to look good with their fancy *bling bling* aloys and expensive paintjobs, but there are only a few who who can really restore it. Kudos to you mate!
Old 4th November 2008, 13:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

very nice and tastefully done. the transformation into a capable and handome looking jeep has impressed me to the core.

a job very well done dude. cheers:
Old 4th November 2008, 14:00   #51

great transformation
keep it up
waiting to see more
Old 4th November 2008, 14:13   #52
BHPian

Very minimalistic design, no bling bling and allioys. Works best on Jeeps.Good call mate. Enjoy the ride and the attention..

Love the rims and the Sandgrip combo..
Old 4th November 2008, 14:38   #53
BHPian

Looks very much like the military MM 550. The wheel arches look very smart and the alloys go well with the whole theme. Well done mate.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:06   #54
BHPian

Hi Fazal,

Contrats on owning or rather making such a fine specimen of a Jeep. I have a few questions regarding your Jeep.

1. I believe the rims in your jeep are pressed steel 16" army spec steel rims. Am i right. Where can one procure these rims in the "civilian" market?
2. The sandgrips that you have, When did you procure those, was it easy or tough to get them, How much did each cost?
3. I read in jeep thrills forum sometime back that sandgrips increase the ride height by about 1.5" and then the pinion and rings of front and back differential need to be changed from 44/9 to 43/8. Did you have to do this modification?

Thanks in advance
Old 4th November 2008, 16:22   #55
fk7
BHPian

one word. WOW!!

What a 540. Your jeep is a real inspiration towards procuring my vehicle. I do have some more questions to you/experts on forum this add on.

1. What year is the jeep?

2. I understand you did the conversion to 4WD. How much did it cost you? Was procuring parts for it difficult?

3. I see you have no roll bar. Can a roll bar be installed with the front part being under the middle pillar of the jeep(if you understand what i mean). So that it is not visible from outside.

4. You mentioned mating a 5 speed 4WD gearbox. Is this a tough Job?

Awaiting your inputs

FK
Old 4th November 2008, 16:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Wow fazal thats a nice jeep you got there. Surely like you said getting a jeep done up takes quite some time and lots of patience too. Btw i didnt like the tail lights. That lacks the original touch of a 540
Old 4th November 2008, 17:20   #57
BHPian

Fazal,

Great Work! Shows how far one can go, if he has a clear picture in mind before starting out with the mods. I've just procured a MM540 and I'm getting a lot of inputs from here.

Good Luck with the 2nd Jeep, I'm glued to this one!
Old 4th November 2008, 17:31   #58
BHPian

@ fazalaliadil- i think the army XDBs come with wide track as opposed to the narrower track of the stock mm's, any plans of changing to a wide track layout? It does wonders for stability off road.

Last edited by howler : 4th November 2008 at 17:44.
Old 4th November 2008, 18:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
@ fazalaliadil- i think the army XDBs come with wide track as opposed to the narrower track of the stock mm's, any plans of changing to a wide track layout? It does wonders for stability off road.
Hi Howler,
I did not get what you meant by wide track, if you are referring to the tyres, these are army and not Mahindra stock tryes, can you please eloborate?
Old 4th November 2008, 19:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk7 View Post
one word. WOW!!

1. What year is the jeep?
2. I understand you did the conversion to 4WD. How much did it cost you? Was procuring parts for it difficult?
3. I see you have no roll bar. Can a roll bar be installed with the front part being under the middle pillar of the jeep(if you understand what i mean). So that it is not visible from outside.
4. You mentioned mating a 5 speed 4WD gearbox. Is this a tough Job?

FK
Fk, It is a 92 model, the 4wd conversion luckily cost me only 8 thousand, as someone wanted it in exchange and he was looking for a 2wd, otherwise it can cost you 15000+, I am putting on a roll bar on another jeep and why hide it behind the pillar ? it looks muscular, Mating the XD3P and a Bolero 5 foward 4wd gearbox conversion is not a tough job but the price is a tough one.
All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks