Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 20:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs View Post
I have checked this. It indeed has a XDP engine.

I also want to have hand brake fixed in to my jeep for city drive. Toe tailing may not be always possible in stop and move traffic. Is this possible and if possible how can this be done.

Baburaj, i would suggest you to get all the above said things done from thrissur itself before you head to b'lore. You have more mechanics with good knowledge of Jeeps in kerala than in bangalore.
Old 7th November 2008, 05:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Baburaj, i would suggest you to get all the above said things done from thrissur itself before you head to b'lore. You have more mechanics with good knowledge of Jeeps in kerala than in bangalore.
I agree , But i cannot be in Thrissur when all this happens. .Will have to be done here. So you telling me that it cannot be done here or the necessary competence is not in Bangalore.
Old 7th November 2008, 08:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I agree , But i cannot be in Thrissur when all this happens. .Will have to be done here. So you telling me that it cannot be done here or the necessary competence is not in Bangalore.
Baburaj I never said it cannot be done here in bangalore but your options and expertise are more in kerala.

BTW why can't you catch hold of some of your relatives or friends and ask them to get it done for you at a local mechanic in Thrissur.
Old 10th November 2008, 10:32   #34
BHPian

I have bought my baby to Bangalore yesterday. Drove 500 Kms. Will post the experience today evening.

I will come to Ramurthy Nagar as soon as possible . Have some immediate works to do

Will also post the pictures of my baby in the evening.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have bought my baby to Bangalore yesterday. Drove 500 Kms. Will post the experience today evening.
Will also post the pictures of my baby in the evening.
Its not a justice to call CJ340 a baby, call it a super tough off-roading companion yeah, do post the pics. Its jeep, jeep and jeep everywhere around!
Old 10th November 2008, 13:24   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
@ Suresh has not Sudhee, the main mech left for Dubai ?? Currently who takes care of jeep out there ??
OT: Oh thats why i dont get through his number. If someone can tell us who is looking after the Jeeps now. Once i an back i am paying him a visit.

Why did he have to go to Dubai. With the amount of Jeeps being bought here in Bangalore, he was better of out here.
Old 11th November 2008, 20:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
OT: Oh thats why i dont get through his number. If someone can tell us who is looking after the Jeeps now. Once i an back i am paying him a visit.

Why did he have to go to Dubai. With the amount of Jeeps being bought here in Bangalore, he was better of out here.
Well spitfire every mallu would like to go to the gelf someday !!
Old 12th November 2008, 11:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh Stephen View Post
Dear BabuRaj,
If you are willing to bring your jeep close to Ramamurthy Nagar area, I can introduce you to my mechanic. He does 4wd conversions and is a reasonable person. My CJ 340 is maintained by him for the past 9 years.
If you wish so, please give me a call in 9448352441.
Suresh
Hello Suresh,

Since the main guy is gone where should I now bring the vehicle to. Is there any other place in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Baburaj,

For the 4WD system you will need
1) Front Differential Assembly Right Off-Set (Drums/Axles/Crown& Pinion 5.38:1/Hubs/Spindles/bearings etc) (7-10K)

2) Rear Differential Assembly(Drums/Axles/Crown& Pinion 5.38:1/Hubs/Spindles/bearings etc) 7-10K

3) 4Speed 4WD gearbox & T-Case - 15K

4) Front Propeller Shaft & Rear Propeller Shaft

Keep the XDP4.9 Engine or go in for the XD3P (Bolero Engine) its a stock replacement (same bell housing & same engine mounts)

There is however ONE CJ340 with SZ2600 TCIC !!!!!Thats the RED

Its a JEEP it fulfills all the criteria

Regards,

Arka

Hey guys,

Where can I get all these things in Bangalore - Gujiri or some where else. Please help

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th November 2008 at 11:52. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 12th November 2008, 14:37   #39
BHPian

Hello ex670C,

I see you had done the conversion from 2wd to 4wd. where did u do it .and how much id it cost.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baburajs

Hey guys,

Where can I get all these things in Bangalore - Gujiri or some where else. Please help
Baburaj, you may not require all the stuff. lets see your jeep first and find out what is there and what not. could you please post the pics of your JEEP?? if you could post pics of underneath your jeep, it could be helpful for others to tell what parts you need to procure.
You need to search in Shivajinagar gujuri for all the parts Arka had mentioned. you will get 80% of the parts there. but procuring a front propeller shaft is very difficult.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

4WD Conversion

Hi Babu,

We have done atleast 10 4WD conversions in Chennai.

My MM540XD was the second JEEP to get converted to 4WD.

The Price for 4WD conversion
1)Front Diff (right off-set) 5K approx (including axles/Ring & Pinion/hub/spindles)

2)Rear Diff (right off-set) 5K approx 8K approx (Full Floating Rear Axle)
GearBox & TCase - 15K approx. (including axles/Ring & Pinion/hub/spindles)

All the parts are taken from Old M&M JEEPs and the GBox & TCase are fully overhauled.

Regards,

Arka
Old 12th November 2008, 17:23   #42
BHPian

Hi Arka,

If I am not able to do the conversion here in Bangalore I will bring my jeep there. Please do help me out.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:32   #43
BHPian

Hey Jango,

How do you drive the jeep in Bangalore without changing the registration. Will not the cops make a meal of you. I was thinking about changing the registration. Tell me the trick man.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Anytime

Quote:
Hi Arka,

If I am not able to do the conversion here in Bangalore I will bring my jeep there. Please do help me out.
I can send you the Parts or you can drive down on one weekend and take it back the next after checking, the functionality in one of the Chennai OTRs.

Regards,

Arka
Old 12th November 2008, 19:15   #45
BHPian

[quote=Baburajs;1049707]Hello Suresh,

Since the main guy is gone where should I now bring the vehicle to. Is there any other place in Bangalore.
Baburaj,
The workshop is not closed because a mechanic has left the place. The owner, his uncle is an excellant mechanic himself. He takes care. The important factor one has to consider for a jeep mechanic is the proximity. These machines whether we like it or not will require periodic attention at least for some time till it settles down with you. I will think that it will take at least a few thousand kilometers minimum with a new hand. You need to take a call depending on your convenience of the mechanic's location.

Suresh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks