Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 13:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Why is XD 3p derated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Vinay - in my opinion, the Bolero VLX is the car for you. It has the CRDe and the NGT530R which are Scorpio derived aggregates. It is available only in 2WD though.

If you want to buy used, buy a Bolero 4WD with the XD3/BA10.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Behram Dhabar ji,

Off topic, why are current bolero 4wd engines derated fom 72.5 bhp & 15.5 kgm torque to present 68 bhp and 13.7kgm torque??
Also why is Boleo slx 4wd offered with XD 3p engine when most of other basic bolero platform vehicles are offered with DI turbo? Plonking a Di turbo in SLX4wd as well will make more economic sence. Then why special consideration to XD3p?

regards
vinod
Old 5th November 2008, 13:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dhabar JI,

Is there any chance of offering a Bolero CRDe with a 4wd in near future?

regards

Vinod
Old 5th November 2008, 14:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3b View Post
we wanted something Bigger, closed & 4x4, i pefer traveling with my family on long distance ...

Armada is there but i didnt like the look, ...

I looking for a opinion from Mr. Behram, -
Bolero DI is the vehicle for you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
In matters of advise to others we all are experts but when it comes to oneself even the sages and experts have their own doubts .
LOL

Quote:
Dear Vinay - in my opinion, the Bolero VLX is the car for you. It has the CRDe and the NGT530R which are Scorpio derived aggregates. It is available only in 2WD though.

But being a JT moderator, I wonder if you'd settle for the 2WD Bolero DI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Behram Dhabar ji,

Off topic, why are current bolero 4wd engines derated fom 72.5 bhp & 15.5 kgm torque to present 68 bhp and 13.7kgm torque??
Also why is Boleo slx 4wd offered with XD 3p engine when most of other basic bolero platform vehicles are offered with DI turbo? Plonking a Di turbo in SLX4wd as well will make more economic sence. Then why special consideration to XD3p?
Push the older engine as long as it sells. Even toyota does it, so why blame mahindra! Jokes apart, 4wd does not sell volumes as the 2wd!

Quote:
Dhabar JI,

Is there any chance of offering a Bolero CRDe with a 4wd in near future?
Once the emission is tightened, we get technology [vinod - Bolero CRDe] as a bonus!
Old 5th November 2008, 18:23   #19

Hi Vinay, I've had my Black Bolero GLX 2WD for three years and am very happy with it. The creature comforts it gives in terms of AC, power steering and cabin space will be very welcome on long drives.

You may remember hopping in for a short ride at the last Ramnagaram OTR :-)

I wish it had a 4WD every time I go on my weekend trips especially when driving on slushy country roads which are usually deserted at night. I looked long and hard for a used 4wd Bolero but could not find one in Bangalore and eventually bought a 4wd mahindra 550 XDB last week to use as my weekend drive.

If you can somehow find a 4wd bolero for sale you will be very happy with it, especially for your trip to the himalayas. I wish you luck.

Cheers
Bopanna Pattada
Old 5th November 2008, 18:52   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A lower/mid spec Bolero CRDe with 4x4 will be a good alternative to the Judo/Gurkha. If I could get the combination, I would prefer it over the Judo/Gurkha. I would just spend the extra and add the diff locks/lsds to the Bolero CRDe 4x4, add a lift and remove all the pansy bumper extensions and the side steps.

But, I suppose this is just wishful thinking..
Old 5th November 2008, 18:57   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
A lower/mid spec Bolero CRDe with 4x4 will be a good alternative to the Judo/Gurkha. If I could get the combination, I would prefer it over the Judo/Gurkha. I would just spend the extra and add the diff locks/lsds to the Bolero CRDe 4x4, add a lift and remove all the pansy bumper extensions and the side steps.

But, I suppose this is just wishful thinking..
The 2WD already costs 8+ lakhs onroad. The 4WD would surely cost at the least 50k more. LSDs and diff locks we are hitting 9+.

Would it make sense over the Judo.

If we consider availability and service its the Bolero hands down though.
Old 5th November 2008, 19:08   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
The 2WD already costs 8+ lakhs onroad. The 4WD would surely cost at the least 50k more. LSDs and diff locks we are hitting 9+.

Would it make sense over the Judo.

If we consider availability and service its the Bolero hands down though.

Thats why I suggested a lower spec one. Right now Mahindra is trying to cream the high end with the CRDe engine and it doesn't make sense pushing a Bolero into Scorpio/Safari territory. But a lower spec version priced in the 6 ~7 lakh range, will make sense.

Although the Judo/Gurkha may have an edge with the higher GC and independent front suspension, the interiors are so crude and the complete lack of enthusiasm of Force Motors really puts me off. Yes, I would definitely pick a 4x4 Bolero CRDe over the Judo/Gurkha.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 5th November 2008 at 19:11.
Old 5th November 2008, 23:27   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
But a lower spec version priced in the 6 ~7 lakh range, will make sense.
I am waiting for them to come out with a VLS version ala the Scorpio with 4WD.

Ok that makes two of us when it comes to wishful thinking.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:38   #24
BHPian

Dear Mr. Behram,
How are you, & thank you for the support,
on the below suggestion, i had seen the latest bolero invader at great escape at Coorg trust me it simply failed to perform, & the same was being driven by a pro, and where as the legend did much better on that terrain,
As of now i will be finalizing by this weekend, What kind of price one should pay for a second hand bolero, was a manual gear used in a bolero, can i have some more details from you,
best regards
Vinay thomas
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.

Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2008 at 12:41. Reason: Please preview and check, you have already been informed on Font tags issue!
Old 21st November 2009, 07:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ3b View Post
Dear Mr. Behram,
How are you, & thank you for the support,
on the below suggestion, i had seen the latest bolero invader at great escape at Coorg trust me it simply failed to perform, & the same was being driven by a pro, and where as the legend did much better on that terrain,
As of now i will be finalizing by this weekend, What kind of price one should pay for a second hand bolero, was a manual gear used in a bolero, can i have some more details from you,
best regards
Vinay thomas

Vinay, you were considering a bolero? what happened to that decision ?
Old 13th August 2012, 19:04   #26

MM-Marshall DI - Engine Noise

Hi all, I hold a MM-Marshall 2002 DI 4X4 Jeep,

Recently I purchased the vehicle and did a through under chassis workout (Suspension, Gearbox, front axle, tyres, breaks, electrical & tinkering) and made it off road ready,

Though the engine was in working condition without much to repair, we did minor repairs like tap-it adjustment and springs etc,

After 3-4K running, I am finding that the engine noise is extremely high, though jeeps are noisy as a fact, my vehicle is making atleast 4X more than the similar vehicle,

The noise can be traced to few sources like,
a. a. front axle ( hope a hub lock can help here)
b. b. catalytic converter – major source of noise
c. c. near fan belt – I guess the timer wheel is of issue

In addition there is a lot of “ Humm & howl” to the engine to which I do not know the reason

Pros & experienced 4X4 owners please assist me as to possible solutions which I can take.

Narayan Sharma.

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th August 2012 at 07:45.
Old 14th October 2017, 16:59   #27
BHPian

Re: Marshal 4wd

Quote:

3. Marshal just before being axed was also available with DI turbo and 5 speed NGT 520 gearbox. If you can source this vehicle with 4wd then you would have a most priced pocession.
Vinod - Any information about the year when Marshal was introduced with MDI3200TC and NGT520 ?

Most Viewed