Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 04:47   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gypsy Diesel conversion with 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
does it not make any 'kat kat' noice when getting engaged and disengaged.
Not if it is setup correctly! IMHO
Old 20th August 2014, 14:14   #182

Toyota C2 Engine swap for Gypsy King-2002

Hi All,

A quick background about myself to all fellow BHPians. I live in Gurgaon and have been a passionate follower of TeamBHP since a kid and have been working on all sorts of mods / cosmetics of all the cars my family owned (Scorpio,Esteem and Bolero) since I grew up in a joint family and a defence background.This is for the first time, I picked up a project of making a strong off-roader for my touring purposes and picked up a disposed army vehicle from HP state (2002 Gypsy King) and have been working on this piece since last one year. currently it has a 1.6L Baleno engine, however the performance is quite underpowered and expensive mileage. I have been looking for a new / good toyota C2 Turbo Charged engine transplant for my GypsyKing 2002 model and hence need your help with the following questions -

1. What are the ways and venues where a good condition engine can be procured apart from visiting Mayapuri (P.S - Have had some pretty bad expereinces there..)

2. Just to confirm, will i be able to retain 4X4 capabilities once the swap is made.

3. Apart from the engine, what are the other components that would have to be assembled once the engne has been installed.

I would be grateful for your responses
Attached Thumbnails
Gypsy Diesel conversion with 4x4-image-1.jpeg  

Gypsy Diesel conversion with 4x4-image-2.jpeg  

Gypsy Diesel conversion with 4x4-image.jpeg  

Punav. Bakshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 15:28   #183
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota C2 Engine swap for Gypsy King-2002

Mod note: Thread moved to 4x4 Vehicles section.
Old 23rd January 2023, 16:54   #184

Re: Gypsy Diesel conversion with 4x4

I know this is a 10+ years old thread. I am a newbie and frankly a bit terrified by this forums' rules. I am still not sure, whether I could reply on this thread or should I start a new one? Hope replying is fine. Moderators please be kind enough to move to a separate thread, if that is what is needed.

So here is the question I have. I own a diesel Gypsy MG410, fitted with a Toyota diesel (2C-L engine I think based on the plate on the engine even though it looks like a 1C). I have had this vehicle since 2007 but used very sporadically. It has retained 4x4 as it has mated the 5+1 Speed Toyota gearbox with original MG410 transfer case. The diesel engine is endorsed. Endorsement says 1800CC. So I believe it was originally supposed to be a Toyota 1C engine.

Anyway to cut the story short, I just wanted to check are there any Indian made engines which I can use in this vehicle instead of this Toyota engine? Lately obtaining parts such as clutch plates, bearings etc. for Toyota engine is getting very difficult. So I would like to use something more readily available and non-exotic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks