Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 16:45   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Classic - Jeeping exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
BLING BLING...

Alloy specs please, are what did the yokos cost you?
what are you going to do with the spoke alloyz?

EDIT
I think the pics are in Hosur? (2nd, near railway stn?)

8.5J / 15inches 3 spoke KH Designs alloys

The Alloys and Tyres 5 nos costed around 55K

The original rim used in my Explorer was the wire wheel not alloys and it has been preserved on my Jeep Museum and will not be spared.

you are correct that picture is in Hosur.

Last edited by trammway : 7th April 2011 at 16:48.
Old 7th April 2011, 17:41   #362
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
8.5J / 15inches 3 spoke KH Designs alloys
Isn't 8.5J too big? Too much of negative offset I guess.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:05   #363
BHPian

Wow! Your jeep is looking great with the new tyres and Alloys. I have a question Will 8.5J be more width than required for a 235 sized tyre? Why 8.5J do you plan to replace with wider tyres later?
Old 7th April 2011, 18:45   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Isn't 8.5J too big? Too much of negative offset I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhkris View Post
Wow! Your jeep is looking great with the new tyres and Alloys. I have a question Will 8.5J be more width than required for a 235 sized tyre? Why 8.5J do you plan to replace with wider tyres later?

May be, but I have not seen any issue with 8.5J. I opted the same after seeing so many Jeeps/Gypsies using 8.5J with 235 profile.

The correct size would have been 8J, but then I'm ok with additional .5J, if you notice I'm running with tubeless tyre and no problem at all and the tyre fitted perfectly with the rims.

Nope I don't think another 4 years I will do any tyre upgrade and this will be my final setup.

Last edited by trammway : 7th April 2011 at 18:47.
Old 25th April 2011, 02:25   #365
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

This is OT, but wished to share this pictures with you jeepers. More pictures and questions about this event could be found in International auto scene section

I was in Newyork International autoshow 2011 and guess what the long time I spent in the huge event is in the Jeep stall

Name:  3351.jpg
Views: 31772
Size:  137.1 KB
Old 25th April 2011, 09:21   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was in Newyork International autoshow 2011 and guess what the long time I spent in the huge event is in the Jeep stall
Attachment 535141
Siva,
I think, I had forewarned you about encountering modern Jeeps there and when you come back here, how primitive will our builds and upgrades seem. Have a ball.

Ha Ha...Now what will happen about your red Classic?

Positive side: building Jeeps is as fun as driving it, you are missing half the fun we are having.
Regards,
Old 25th April 2011, 09:31   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Siva,
I think, I had forewarned you about encountering modern Jeeps there and when you come back here, how primitive will our builds and upgrades seem. Have a ball.

Ha Ha...Now what will happen about your red Classic?

Positive side: building Jeeps is as fun as driving it, you are missing half the fun we are having.
Regards,
Fazal sir, You are half right. I've decided to take my 2nd vehicle in USA as Jeep, but till then I will be living with Honda/Toyota/Nissan/Landy or something else.

My red classic has been handed over to a friend of mine for care taking, I will take it to my custody once I'm back in India after few years.

Positive side: I haven't stopped any of my jeep building and in fact now I'm free to make as many as addons as I can bring for my jeep restoration. Please check my last post in Gift for Life thread :-)
Old 6th August 2011, 08:56   #368
Senior - BHPian

Re: Oil Circulation

Quote:
Yes, the oil Circulation was insufficient. Though the original design by Warn and Saturn proved it working fine for many CJ3Bs running in elsewhere in the world, This particular OD from Herm seems to have loose fittings for the blade channel oil scoop.
Attachment 473763

Attachment 473764
There is no separate filler in the OD for oil, The OD is lubricated using oil splashed by planetary gear / counter gear collected through this blade channel oil scoop. The oil collected by oil scoop routes it through a channel hole in the rear housing of the OD, hence creating a oil circulation to the OD unit.
Attachment 473782
Now the issue is that when the oil scoop is not fitting tight or loosens by itself due to some vibration will lead the whole oil circulation to a task.
Finally the OD is getting back to its shape, Herman Tillford is rebuilding the OD again and he states that the reason for the failure is improper installation.

I'm hoping to get the OD on my hand by end of August, after that I need to plan for shipping it back to India.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 12:01   #369
Senior - BHPian

I missed to read the last post of ^ urs... Good to know the OD is back in your hands as of now awaiting shipment back to India.

With the current 49Rs~ INR-$ Conv rate; a 60-70K OD looks very out of reach for me. Looking fwd to your OD working fine in your classic(s).
Old 19th October 2011, 16:12   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

This is OT, but wished to share this pictures with you jeepers. More pictures and questions about this event could be found in International auto scene section

This is awsome. When can we have something like this fit and finish made in India at a price we can afford.
Old 19th October 2011, 17:16   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I missed to read the last post of ^ urs... Good to know the OD is back in your hands as of now awaiting shipment back to India.

With the current 49Rs~ INR-$ Conv rate; a 60-70K OD looks very out of reach for me. Looking fwd to your OD working fine in your classic(s).

Hi Santhosh,

Yes, OD has arrived at my house in NJ, I'm waiting to ship it to India. This time even more careful installation as I have a 1st time experience and some additional tips from Herm. I have had the feel of how the OD performs, now it is time for retaining the fun and I really hope the oil circulation is going to in proper shape on the OD.

Does anyone here now if any economical shipping to India for the following items

1. Herm OD (5kg)
2. Koenig King 100 winch without cable and hook but base plate and roller head( 25kg)
3. Koenig winch drive shaft 2 piece and bell housing clamp (5 kg)
4. Koenig single side PTO (3 kg)
Old 19th October 2011, 17:58   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone here now if any economical shipping to India for the following items

1. Herm OD (5kg)
Siva, Hi, I have a carrier if you can get me one
Old 19th October 2011, 18:18   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hmmm looks like Santhosh got some unique body tub or it was that way in all CJ340s? Samurai and other CJ340 owners, could you confirm if you all got that running bends on your front platform?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Those are used for strengthening sheet metal parts, called as "beads". Recommended.

Spike
These also eliminate sheet metal "thunder" type noise which is why you often see these ridges on the roofs of many vehicles and anywhere there is a broad expanse of sheet metal.
Old 20th October 2011, 03:51   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Siva, Hi, I have a carrier if you can get me one
Hey Headers, I could certainly find and help you in getting one; provided you share the pocket damage for getting that one you need.

Now tell me about the carrier, I spoke to couple of shipping guys and they need some sort of receipt for the equipment I have, hmm unfortunately I don't have any paper work for the winch as it was picked up from a old owner.

Last edited by trammway : 20th October 2011 at 03:52.
Old 20th October 2011, 07:29   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Herm OD (5kg)
Hi Shiva,

Now what is OD??? Kindly enlighten me.

Been sitting all night and could come up with,

Outer Diameter
On Demand
Over Dose
Organizational Development
Optical Density
Omni Directional

None of the above fit the 5KG class, so though of asking you directly.
Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks