Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2009, 10:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Sorry to have not been able to post any reply's as we have just been blessed with a baby girl and have been tied up with the li'll angel.
Congrats Randeep, Thats amazing
May god bless her.
Old 3rd January 2009, 13:02   #77
BHPian

Hi Randeep,

Congrats buddy for your new year present! Hope both the bay and mom are in good health.

sali.
Old 3rd January 2009, 17:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:

we have just been blessed with a baby girl and have been tied up with the li'll angel.
Hey great news... Congrates buddy..

I am going to be there in Jaipur on the 11th. If by any luck, you are there, pls do let me know (by PM) so I can demand for party .
Old 4th January 2009, 13:10   #79
BHPian

Thanks Guys,

Naren, I shall not be visiting Jaipur on the 11th but would surely be there the following week.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 7th January 2009, 10:11   #80
BHPian

Update

Hi Everyone,

I guess everyone is as eager to get updated on the progress of my Jeep as I am. Well as i had mentioned earlier I was unable to visit Jaipur last week so a cousin sent me some pics on my Jeep. They were taken last Monday, I do regret the size of the pics as he compressed the files a tad too much.

1. The work on the rear differential and brake's has been completed. The work on the front differential and brakes should be completed by today.

2. The leaf springs have been sent for retensioning.

3. Once the above mentioned work is done they will temporarily put back the tub and align the engine and gearbox. After which the scraping will commence on the chassis leading to paint work.

4. De-carbonisation of engine head and nozzles along with buffering of the block has also been completed.

Thats the only update I have. I am not very tech savvy so do not know the intricate details of the work.

PS. I shall send the larger pics as and when my cousin resends the pics to me.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-104.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-105.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-108.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-110.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-111.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-112.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-113.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-114.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-115.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-118.jpg  

New Purchase -  Army disposal 2001 model MM540-sariska-119.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th January 2009, 10:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Good to read that the work is progressing well. When do you think that you should have your Jeep and whenever possible please upload a little larger pics.

Also point no 3 aligning the engine and gearbox what does that involve or how is that accomplished??
Old 7th January 2009, 10:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Also point no 3 aligning the engine and gearbox what does that involve or how is that accomplished??
Nice to see some updates. I guess since the engine-gearbox combo is different than the stock configuration, they need to be properly mounted and aligned in a line. Since the gearbox is matching with the engine, I guess no adapter plate is needed here.
Old 7th January 2009, 11:36   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Good to read that the work is progressing well. When do you think that you should have your Jeep and whenever possible please upload a little larger pics.

Hi Harjeev,

As my engine is in good condition it was not overhauled, instead the engine was started and chemicals were injected in order to clean the head and nozzles. This process cleans the head and nozzles off the carbon that is accumulated inside, also making the engine smoke free. If your engine is being overhauled, this process is not required as the engine head and nozzles are cleaned manually and so are the pistons.

Thats the only info I have Harjeev. Complete details I shall get when I'm in Jaipur.

Very true Kandisa, though its just a slight difference in alignment as compared to the stock engine.

Cheers !!!!!

Last edited by randeep04 : 7th January 2009 at 11:40.
Old 7th January 2009, 13:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Randeep and Kandisa,
I have changes the pistons, rings and added new sleeves to the engine block. So in all probability it is next to a new engine. Additionally I've got FIP overhauled from Bosch directly so that would be perfectly calibrated. So what remains is the nozzles to be manually cleaned.

Randeep What tyres and rims are you planning to put on your jeep?
Old 7th January 2009, 13:50   #85
BHPian

[quote=randeep04;1119754]Hi Harjeev,

As my engine is in good condition it was not overhauled, instead the engine was started and chemicals were injected in order to clean the head and nozzles. This process cleans the head and nozzles off the carbon that is accumulated inside, also making the engine smoke free. If your engine is being overhauled, this process is not required as the engine head and nozzles are cleaned manually and so are the pistons.

Hi Randeep,

What kind of chemicals are these? any speciality chems? Pls let me know also as I also intend not to overhaule if possible and try to start the engine as it is.

Tarkesh
Old 7th January 2009, 14:07   #86
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Ricky_3007;1119987]
Quote:
Hi Harjeev,

Hi Randeep,

What kind of chemicals are these? any speciality chems? Pls let me know also as I also intend not to overhaule if possible and try to start the engine as it is.

Tarkesh
Tarkesh,
Randeep bought an Isuzu engine from Mayapuri and is not using the XD3P engine that comes with the MM550. Maybe thats why the engine is in a good condition. If your engine is army spec and you are not overhauling it is highly advisable to get it checked up from some really competent engineer or a workshop.
Old 7th January 2009, 17:23   #87
BHPian

Ricky,

The chemicals used are easily available in the market and are available in different brands, Just ask the person to give you an Engine De-carbonizer. The exact one used in my Jeep, I shall let you know when i go to Jaipur next. As Harjeev mentioned, if your army disposal Jeep has the stock engine it is better to have it overhauled rather than de-carbonize it. Harheev would be able to give you more details on the same.

Harjeev,

I had bought Mudzilla's earlier but now putting those on my other Jeep. For this one i'm planning to put Buck Shots and alloy's (I'm still searching). There is a fellow BPHn Kunal who is going to help me out for sourcing the tyres. Kunal deals in Maxxis Tyres.

Cheers !!!!!
Old 7th January 2009, 18:02   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Harjeev,

I had bought Mudzilla's earlier but now putting those on my other Jeep. For this one i'm planning to put Buck Shots and alloy's (I'm still searching). There is a fellow BPHn Kunal who is going to help me out for sourcing the tyres. Kunal deals in Maxxis Tyres.

Cheers !!!!!
Randeep which other jeep do you have. Also please, if you do have tyre specifications, pics and price details of the mudzillas and post or PM me that would be great.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:33   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Also please, if you do have tyre specifications, pics and price details of the mudzillas and post or PM me that would be great.
Randeep No PM... Please do post post here only for our info as well.

sadiq
Old 8th January 2009, 00:00   #90
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi FK7,

If you have a budjet of 2.5 lakhs, there are 2 excellent and well maintained 550's for sale in Delhi. Both jeeps are from military and completely restored now using for only OTRs

tks/sadiq.
Sadiq, Please provide me with the details of the sellers. I'm very much interested.

Abbas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks