Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 13:15   #1
BHPian

New Purchase - Army disposal 2001 model MM540

Hey Jeepers,

I recently bought an army disposal 2001 model MM540 from Mayapuri. I intend to modify the jeep to look like Jeep Renegade / Laredo. I hav bought an issuzu 2.4 lt turbo engine along with a 4x4 gearbox, which will soon replace the existing stock diesel engine.

Hav sent it for modification to Jaipur, Will keep u all posted on the progress.

Randeep

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (hav = have, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to read the Team-BHP rules before continuing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th November 2008 at 14:22. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 25th November 2008, 11:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

HI
Congratulations on the new purchase.
Please do let us know the details like how much you paid for the Jeep, the engine gearbox etc. What shop and any specific reason for sending the jeep to Jaipur?

I am interested to know all this as I myself am on the lookout for an Army disposal 4x4
Old 25th November 2008, 11:19   #3
BHPian

Hi Randeep, congratulation on the purchase. I have a few question please..

1. How much was the purchase.
2. What about the XDB3 engine of MM540, did you buy it without the engine.
3. Isuzu 2.4, do you have any more specification of this engine. I am intrested since it is coming with 4x4.

Pls check the pic of my Jeep, perhaps you like it.

I can be catch on my cell 93143 92938, I am from Jodhpur, do talk to me.

Regards, Naren
Old 25th November 2008, 12:25   #4
BHPian

Hi Randeep,

Congrats on your purchase.. thats a dream vehicle a lots are looking for !

I would like to know about the registration process. How was it? is it so easy or complicated to transfer such a vehicle to a person's name?

Really appreciate if you please do post in details about the process of registration.

Best regards

Sali
Old 25th November 2008, 12:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
I intend to modify the jeep to look like Jeep Renegade / Laredo. I hav bought an issuzu 2.4 lt turbo engine along with a 4x4 gearbox, which will soon replace the existing stock diesel engine.
Hav sent it for modification to Jaipur, Will keep u all posted on the progress.
Randeep
One more in the jeep community and one more interested in the CJ7 appearance. Congratulations. Why don't you post a couple of pics of the present condition if you have. The gearbox is a five speed one? Nice to see you going ahead with a turbo engine in jeep. Any reason why you want to dispose off the stock diesel one? And yeah, some cost aspects please if you don't mind to reveal. Do keep the thread updated
-best regards,
Old 26th November 2008, 11:15   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
HI
Please do let us know the details like how much you paid for the Jeep, the engine gearbox etc. What shop and any specific reason for sending the jeep to Jaipur?

I am interested to know all this as I myself am on the lookout for an Army disposal 4x4
Thanks Harjeev,

Well the Jeep costed me 70 K and the Isuzu G1 (2.4 Turbo) with original 4x4 gearbox cost me 60 K.

I hav sent the Jeep to my relative in Jaipur who restores Vintage cars and also Fords and Willy's. He infact is currently restoring 4 RR's and 2 Lancia's vintage cars. He also had modified a Kaizer into a Laredo in 1996 powered by a 2.7 ltr Nissan. He is know for his paint work. So thats y sent it to Jaipur.

Cheers
Old 26th November 2008, 11:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Hi Randeep, congratulation on the purchase. I have a few question please..

1. How much was the purchase.
2. What about the XDB3 engine of MM540, did you buy it without the engine.
3. Isuzu 2.4, do you have any more specification of this engine. I am intrested since it is coming with 4x4.

Pls check the pic of my Jeep, perhaps you like it.

I can be catch on my cell 93143 92938, I am from Jodhpur, do talk to me.

Regards, Naren
Hi Naren,

1. The jeep cost me 70 K.
2. The stock engine i will be installing in another jeep that i had.
3. The isuzu 2.4 Turbo or the G1 is the engine that once came in the isuzu trooper. I'm not much of a techie so would not know much abt the specs. The engine was recommended by a friend. I infact had installed an isuzu 2.4 lt with 4x4 in my Gypsy King a few yrs back but that was not Turbo. All i can say is that the Isuzu engines are amazing.

Cheers,

Randeep
Old 26th November 2008, 11:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi Randeep,

Congrats on your purchase.. thats a dream vehicle a lots are looking for !

I would like to know about the registration process. How was it? is it so easy or complicated to transfer such a vehicle to a person's name?

Really appreciate if you please do post in details about the process of registration.

Best regards

Sali
Hi Sali,

The registration process for an army disposal MM540 is pretty sorted. It was difficult to get a Cj3b registered with a diesel engine but the MM540 comes with a diesel so it becomes simpler.
My Jeeps was auctioned through the Central Vehicle Depot (CVD) so i cant get the registration done within a radius of 200 Kms of Delhi. Therefore i am getting it done from Hisar. All u need to be careful of is that all papers related to the vehicle should be taken from the seller, and u should get an affidabit made saying the Jeep has been bought by you for Rs............ and the seller is M/s ............. and the vehicle will be registered at ..........

Thats abt it.

Cheers
Old 26th November 2008, 12:02   #9
BHPian

Pics of my Jeep

Hi,
Here are a few pics of my Jeep before it was sent to Jaipur for modification.

Cheers!!
Project Jeep 013 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Project Jeep 001 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Project Jeep 003 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!Flickr: Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
HI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
One more in the jeep community and one more interested in the CJ7 appearance. Congratulations. Why don't you post a couple of pics of the present condition if you have. The gearbox is a five speed one? Nice to see you going ahead with a turbo engine in jeep. Any reason why you want to dispose off the stock diesel one? And yeah, some cost aspects please if you don't mind to reveal. Do keep the thread updated
-best regards,
Old 26th November 2008, 13:29   #10
fk7
BHPian

hi randeep,

I am also looking to buy an army MM540/550. Any help from your side would be greatly appreciated.

FK
Old 26th November 2008, 16:39   #11
BHPian

Hi Fk,

Please refer to my previous replies on the thread. If u require any further info i'd be glad to assist.

Cheers !!
Old 26th November 2008, 22:26   #12
BHPian

Hi FK,

Me Sadiq basically from Calicut and in saudi at present. There is an ad in todays deepika online. A 95 model jeep at calicut civil station compound is going to be auctioned by December (don't remember the exact date). No more details about the jeep model etc.

Please check today's deepika (online) and if you got anyone at calicut, please do let them have a look at it.

tks/sadiq.
Old 27th November 2008, 04:11   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

I recently bought an army disposal 2001 model MM540 from Mayapuri. I intend to modify the jeep to look like Jeep Renegade / Laredo. I hav bought an issuzu 2.4 lt turbo engine along with a 4x4 gearbox, which will soon replace the existing stock diesel engine.
Hi Randeep,

When you change the gearbox and transfer case, how do you ensure that the front propeller shaft is correctly aligned with the front differentials?
Old 27th November 2008, 08:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude!! congratulations!!

But please take time to post images here itself.

Thanks
Old 27th November 2008, 09:32   #15
fk7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salikt View Post
Hi FK,

Me Sadiq basically from Calicut and in saudi at present. There is an ad in todays deepika online. A 95 model jeep at calicut civil station compound is going to be auctioned by December (don't remember the exact date). No more details about the jeep model etc.

Please check today's deepika (online) and if you got anyone at calicut, please do let them have a look at it.

tks/sadiq.
hi Sadiq,

Thanks for the info. Looked on the online site couldn't find it. Can you please PM me the link?

Quote:
Hi Fk,

Please refer to my previous replies on the thread. If u require any further info i'd be glad to assist.

Cheers !!
Thanks for all the answers so far. But as I am not in the north I was looking for a phone number and contact name to get a similar vehicle as yours.

FK

Most Viewed