Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 12:44   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear 4*4 addict - thanks for calling her as "Behram's Baby". As of now there is excellent progress but for guys who choose to lawfully drive on the wrong side of the road. In a matter of days now, there is also going to be excellent progress for guys who choose to drive on our side of the road but in their locations.

Dear all - can I get a list of at least 100 BHPians who are willing to put a reasonable amount of money on the table? And can these 100 BHPians please fan out and get me a list of at least 10 people each who are also willing to put a reasonable amount of money on the table? Please PM me. I am eagerly waiting. I want it, no no no, I need it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 9th October 2009, 12:48   #227
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good one
Behram's baby!
a monsterbaby one is sure!
look forward to more!
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Jeeper:

The Mahindra Scorpio 4x4 is sold in extremely few numbers. Hence it is understandable that there is no test drive vehicle on hand. I am quite happy that they are atleast offering the mhawk with 4WD so people have a choice in the 10 lakh range besides the Safari. If you have driven a 2WD *Mighty Muscular* mhawk then the 4x4 will be very similar to drive. Anyways, this thread is for Behram's baby and Scorpio 4x4 rants can be discussed in the Scorpio 4x4 thread.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:16   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear all - can I get a list of at least 100 BHPians who are willing to put a reasonable amount of money on the table? And can these 100 BHPians please fan out and get me a list of at least 10 people each who are also willing to put a reasonable amount of money on the table? Please PM me. I am eagerly waiting. I want it, no no no, I need it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Please explain "reasonable amount of money" it could be different for each individual .

--Sree--
Old 9th October 2009, 13:25   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mr Behram.

I am quite sure that mobilizing 100 people will not be an issue. Bulk of it can come from Team-Bhp and Jeepthrills communities. If I recall correctly 60 Mahinda Legends were sold through out the country.

Is it possible to give us an idea about the platform and ball park cost give or take a lakh. This will help in mobilizing off-road enthusiasts. Once the LHD version is released maybe we can assume that the RHD version will be very similar.

It will make sense to notify the jeepthrills yahoo group as well. I am not sure if you are on the jeepthrills yahoo groups. If you are not a member, one of us can do this with your permission.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:50   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Behram,
If it is priced around 6-7L on road, most of us can consider it only as a replacement for primary vehicle. That dream of family vehicle + offroad vehicle in one package would really come true. Buying it as a secondary offroad-only vehicle would be difficult from the budget point of view as well as parking. Remember, most city dwellers don't have more than one parking slot.

To use this as family vehicle, it needs couple of options. A lockable cabin to protect from dust and heat. Ability to fix an A/C, which I think is possible.

With the Thar, the real deal-breaker for me is the lack of lockable cabin. After doing numerous long trips on doorless CJ340 to OTR locations, a lockable cabin with A/C is the biggest item on my list if I am plonking 6-7L on a new vehicle. Without that I am better off with my CJ340.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:00   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
With the Thar, the real deal-breaker for me is the lack of lockable cabin. After doing numerous long trips on doorless CJ340 to OTR locations, a lockable cabin with A/C is the biggest item on my list if I am plonking 6-7L on a new vehicle. Without that I am better off with my CJ340.
I agree with this. However, in the interest of keeping cost low, I think this can be an after market option. The second generation Roplas FRP top with the big side glass and flip top hatch was a really good looking one. Something similar would be great.

One biggest issues when traveling long distances with my 540 is that I cannot leave anything inside when I travel. I actually use a hard suitcase and a chain to lock the suitcase to the seat frames.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:29   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Sreerajunnithan - ref your query, please PM me your contact number, I will call you.

Dear all - Guys, I really need what I said I need. It will help to achieve the desired objective. Please help..

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 9th October 2009, 15:10   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, in the interest of keeping cost low, I think this can be an after market option. The second generation Roplas FRP top with the big side glass and flip top hatch was a really good looking one. Something similar would be great.
Yes, very much as an option. No one wants to pay more road tax than necessary. If a fiber top can be made available as an option, I am definitely in. I know A/C can be easily added later.

Behram, my wife won't let me buy another soft-top. Period.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:27   #234
rippergeo

@behram dhabar
If its around 5 lakhs for a capable diesel offroader, with bare minimum highway capabilities(crusing at 80kmph without driver fatigue)
Then, please put my name down. Purchase will be only after march 2010.

Currently making wild plans on picking up a 2nd hand bolero and modifying it. I'd rather have a good vehicle straight from factory than go about the torturous way of trial and error on my own

if the price is above the 5 lakh mark- then purchase will depend on how much extra value we are getting. that will happen only after seeing or atleast getting more details

Old 9th October 2009, 15:29   #235
BHPian

Quote:
The second generation Roplas FRP top with the big side glass and flip top hatch was a really good looking one.
I know what you are talking about. Only once i have seen that and still searching for my Jeep very badly. Akeel has this Hard Top on his Jeep. As you told, its not ugly like those shoebox Roplas. But the sad thing is, Roplas Plastic Ltd, once the subsidiary of M&M is closed down now :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Behram, my wife won't let me buy another soft-top. Period.
ROTFLMAO!!! I like it Samurai, same goes here

Thanks
--Sree--
Old 9th October 2009, 19:06   #236
BHPian

Behram Sir If Its 5 lakhs please count me in that 100 BHPians list, Ready to take delivery any Month i don't mind year of manufacture.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:24   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
If its around 5 lakhs for a capable diesel offroader, with bare minimum highway capabilities(crusing at 80kmph without driver fatigue)
The specs have been revealed in this thread if you look back. It can easily compete with your Swift, higway capabilities will be top class. However, the budget may be upwards of 6L. Never seen a common rail engine below that.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:29   #238
BHPian

Just bought a Xylo last month.... but what the heck, if it is a decent 4x4 for around 5 lakhs, I'd probably consider buying one in the next six months or so. But first I will have to dispose off the MM540 that is rusting in our back yard awaiting resurrection since May.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:36   #239
Senior - BHPian

No1 in the list

Behram sir,

You know it, iam No1 in that 100 list. Do you need advance booking? Will i get the first vehicle? When will it be delivered? Hahaha.......iam just kidding about the first vehicle and date of delivery part

But iam serious about being No.1 to book it.

So guys lets count-

!. Vinod Nookala. Whos next?

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 9th October 2009 at 19:39.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:57   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

2. 4x4Addict will take one and three to four of my friends who are not team-bhp members are willing to put an advance as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed