Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 18:54   #256

Hi all!

This is a vehicle that Mr. Anand Mahindra himself drove to a conference I had attended. In Mumbai. The Mahindra Striker. Cost around 8.5 lacs apparently. Looked good I thought. Signs of things to come I guess.
Behram sir, I'm in line for the new jeep too.
Attached Thumbnails
MM540-4WD wish list - what you really want in your MM540-4WD?-dsc00193.jpg  

MM540-4WD wish list - what you really want in your MM540-4WD?-dsc00194.jpg  

MM540-4WD wish list - what you really want in your MM540-4WD?-dsc00195.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 19:22   #257
Senior - BHPian

Looks

Bijoy,

Expect THAR to be same in looks that of a regular MM540 although with wider axles. You can send that to Mahindra customisation for further tweaks like what you have put photographs. This will cost you above 2 lakhs plus your on road price depending upon what you want, and hence even Thar can be sent there for customisation.

P.S- Look at the running boad of stinger, it doesnt extend till rear door:-) I liked the head light treatment though. Wish they make it standard on all Chineese looking Bolero's:-)

Just to droll over the looks of possible new thar see this pic- Behram sir, wish we had live front beam axle and those tyres as OE
Attached Images

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 12th October 2009 at 19:29.
Old 12th October 2009, 19:46   #258
rippergeo

If any car can make me consider selling my current car, it is this one(the Thar)
I am willing to compromise on long distance touring capacity with family, because there are other vehicles in the family that I can borrow if the need arises.

at 6.5 lacs, with an aftermarket lockable cabin and a common rail engine puuting out 100bhp through a 5 speed gear box- this vehicle definitely satisfies all my daily requirements.
I think it is even VFM. The MM540 that my dad used to own when I was in school had more space than the current hatchback I own.
Waiting with bated breath for this vehicle's pricing. if it works out, it will be a dream come true- a dream that has lasted more than 15 yrs.

The bolero CRDe 4WD if it is launched might be more comfortable and practical, but would stretch my budget a bit. hoping that this model comes cheaper.

Old 12th October 2009, 19:53   #259
Senior - BHPian

Are we sure that the Thar/MM540 4wd with CRDe engine will come at around 6.5 Lacs. If Mahindra does such a thing then I'll definitely get it into my garage. But the million dollar question is, "Will It?"
Old 12th October 2009, 20:43   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Are we sure that the Thar/MM540 4wd with CRDe engine will come at around 6.5 Lacs. If Mahindra does such a thing then I'll definitely get it into my garage. But the million dollar question is, "Will It?"
MC,
When M&M comes up with this vehicle, it will surely create a storm and all us guys who do mods on our 540/50's will find our jeeps prehistoric fossils.
It can be somewhere around 7-7.5 on road, it is value for money if it is what it should be.
And yes my garage and I are going through an Empty Nest Syndrome.
Regards,
Old 12th October 2009, 21:47   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoy Nair View Post
Hi all!

This is a vehicle that Mr. Anand Mahindra himself drove to a conference I had attended. In Mumbai. The Mahindra Striker. Cost around 8.5 lacs apparently. Looked good I thought. Signs of things to come I guess.
8.5 lacs for what those cheap looking plastic bit. Damn! mahindra for not understanding the cry of us jeepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Bijoy,

Expect THAR to be same in looks that of a regular MM540 although with wider axles. You can send that to Mahindra customisation for further tweaks like what you have put photographs. This will cost you above 2 lakhs plus your on road price depending upon what you want, and hence even Thar can be sent there for customisation.

P.S- Look at the running boad of stinger, it doesnt extend till rear door:-) I liked the head light treatment though. Wish they make it standard on all Chineese looking Bolero's:-)

Just to droll over the looks of possible new thar see this pic- Behram sir, wish we had live front beam axle and those tyres as OE
This is what you should be making. now is it that hard to understand the likes of Jeepers community.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:02   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all!

HI Bijoy,

This is not the Striker, its a Stinger. You can pic up a Bolero crde and opt for a mod by paying 2.5 lacs. Mahindra's offering 3-4 templates that you can choose for the mods. Some with winches too. This info was given to me by a dealership in Gurgaon when my cousin went to buy a crde Bolero.

Mods please throw some light if i'm incorrect.

Last edited by randeep04 : 12th October 2009 at 22:04.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:02   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
Terrible aint it? Looks like they took one from another vehicle and bolted it on. Chinese Bolero..perfect name.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:04   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all!

Can i put this ugly contraption up in the weird n wacky mods thread?

I really don't get the point of this thread, its been running for quite some time now, lotsa wishlists, tons of speculations, no concrete info anywhere.(reminds me of the punto/linea 1.6 thread ) Frankly i dont expect anything from this company in this segment anymore. They seem to be quite happy with their scopios, boleros and xylos. But i'd love to be proven wrong!
Old 13th October 2009, 01:19   #265
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm....I have visions of broken torsions bars and tie rod ends littering the trails of Coorg. Excuse my skepticism.

Anybody know what brand these Thar tyres are?
Attached Thumbnails
MM540-4WD wish list - what you really want in your MM540-4WD?-tyres.jpg  

DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2009, 01:25   #266
BHPian

So far I concluded to hell with Mahindra, their Great Escape and their efforts put behind to develop Offroad community. Its up to individua to fight with their own requirement for a good 4x4.

After putting across my interest in Scorpio 4x4, a lady worth nothing called me from bagalore(May be some call centre) regarding my requirement and result was zero. Few days latter my local Baroda dealer called me who doesn't have any knowledge of Scorpio 4x4 called me and the communication was absurd in term of technical discussion.

Consideing efforts put by Mahindra behind offroad community I gave chance and visited caravel motors local baroda dealer in person to inquire about the vehicle on 9th October. To my surprise not a single person was having any knowledge of Scorpio 4x4 and related information.

They assured me to revert by monday 13th Oct with details of vehicle availability and price structure, its 14th of Oct. passed I did not have any call from local dealer regarding subject. I shown my interst to by the vehicle on cash or on exchange of my SX4 2008 and pay the premium amount if they confirm me the delivery date, eventhough I expressed my interest to collect the vehicle from the Pune plant just to have the vehicled used during these diwali vacation.

Bawaji tamara local dealer ne to pet bhari ne pure Surti sambhadavi che, bot unfortunitely this effects to the company too indirectly...

Bawaji,

Throughout my professional life what I learnt was trust a person not a company.

I am ready to give a chance only on your words by paying 100% advance draft. I had very bad experience with surrounding mahindra dealers and do not wish to take any chance on company policy.

Are you able to get my a dream vehicle before diwali, tell me the place and payment.

Local RTO approval leave it up to me, I will live / leave with / without it.

Get me the vehicle I am willing to take the delivery the day you offer it to me.

Cheers,

Pratik Desai

(0)9924993113
(0)9898571198

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Eddy : 13th October 2009 at 01:55.
Jeeper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2009, 03:27   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Hmmm....I have visions of broken torsions bars and tie rod ends littering the trails of Coorg. Excuse my skepticism.

Anybody know what brand these Thar tyres are?
The red Thar that Mahindra displayed at a few motorshows in places like Italy had BFGoodrich tyres.

Not 100% sure what these are but on the other Thar thread the following pic is posted. I cant make out what the make is but I am sure one of our eagle eye members will know.

Old 13th October 2009, 06:47   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
If any car can make me consider selling my current car, it is this one(the Thar)
Doc, you ARE SELLING your SWIFT - for a Thar, no no you may not like it at all..its way too slow!! and above 100, you feel you bring the world along with you!! NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
And yes my garage and I are going through an Empty Nest Syndrome.
Regards,
I like that statement - Empty Nest Syndrome: LOL
Old 13th October 2009, 07:11   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post

Not 100% sure what these are but on the other Thar thread the following pic is posted. I cant make out what the make is but I am sure one of our eagle eye members will know.

That is Malatesta Kaiman MT tire.
Malatesta Kaiman 235/70 R16 105Q *runderneuert*, M+S Kennung
Old 13th October 2009, 07:11   #270
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Doc, you ARE SELLING your SWIFT - for a Thar, no no you may not like it at all..its way too slow!! and above 100, you feel you bring the world along with you!! NO
I'm not rushing into things. let me see the Thar first. You never know, I might get rich suddenly

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks