Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 18:01   #16
BHPian

Thats a well maintained Jeep, however i would have done away with those rear view mirrors on the bonnet, the visible radiator fan and the centre glas console on the rear door.
Old 12th December 2008, 19:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man
Looks really great!
Condition looks excellent and the minor glitches can be solved in no time.

BTW how much did you pay for it?
Old 12th December 2008, 20:44   #18

Thanks guys for your compliments.

I will have the clutch plate set changed very soon and will keep posted.

Quote:
vj_k2001 Congratulations
How is the power of the vehicle with the air conditioner switched on.
vj_k2001, I didn't see any power difference when I switched on the Air Conditioner. Wish they mounted the blower on the dash, now I feel little cluttered. The AC cools the jeep to the very back in less than 10 minutes.

Quote:
prmd_cochin Thats a well maintained Jeep, however i would have done away with those rear view mirrors on the bonnet, the visible radiator fan and the centre glas console on the rear door.
prmd_cochin, , I had the same thoughts as you mentioned on the RVM's and front fan.
After driving in Coimbatore traffic, I realized how useful those RVM's proved worth to be mounted there. It gives the visibility of the entire jeep and the road clearance, you can navigate through any tight congestions without even turning your head.
Regarding the Front white fan, its the Air Conditioner fan, my mechanic suggested we can paint it in black color. Hopefully that should mask the fan.
Center glass console in the rear, if we remove it, the inside RVM will go waste. How to get away with it? any suggestions?

Quote:
harjeev Congrats man
Looks really great!
Condition looks excellent and the minor glitches can be solved in no time.

BTW how much did you pay for it?

harjeev, Thanks Bud. I should have posted the price in my initial post.
Paid 1.65 Lakhs. I know I atleast paid 20K more, but again given the condition I just paid the asking price.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Lovely buy. The Jeeps looks in excellent condition. And the price too is not bad at all, esp with a hard working A/C, snug fit soft top etc.

Please take some pics without the mirrors and better tyres if you can get the Scorpio 16inch black steel rims it would work very well on this Jeep.
Old 31st December 2008, 00:53   #20

Scorpio Wheels and Disc Brakes?

Quote:
Lovely buy. The Jeeps looks in excellent condition. And the price too is not bad at all, esp with a hard working A/C, snug fit soft top etc.

Please take some pics without the mirrors and better tyres if you can get the Scorpio 16inch black steel rims it would work very well on this Jeep.
@Ironwolf: Thanks for your compliments.

I was thinking to Install disc brakes in the front. Is it possible to install Scorpio's Disc brakes and its rims in the same front axle?
I have seen one other MM540 fitted with Armada Disc Brakes, however, he told me that the axle also was Armada's. Any other ideas?

Rear seating has to be rearranged, currently its in stock condition (bench on both sides). Its very uncomfortable for a ride. Also, for suspension, can we change to coil springs? is it even doable?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks