Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 12:37   #76
BHPian

Hi Desert King,

You plan to sell your Blue Machine and buy a gypsy, well I suggest you keep the Jeep as it is a true offroader not that the Gypsy is not. In the desert storm one requires a good tech support and a good vehicle which is modified to take all what the trail has to offer that too at high speeds.

Better Idea would be to check the trail and do the same in your Blue Machine, Jeeper Style.

It was just a thought, You would know better as to what excite you and what you prefer.

Cheers !!!!!!!
Old 7th January 2009, 13:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

Hey naren
Are you selling your jeep? I thought that you had dropped the idea!!
Old 7th January 2009, 14:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
You plan to sell your Blue Machine and buy a gypsy, well I suggest you keep the Jeep as it is a true offroader not that the Gypsy is not. In the desert storm one requires a good tech support and a good vehicle which is modified to take all what the trail has to offer that too at high speeds.

Better Idea would be to check the trail and do the same in your Blue Machine, Jeeper Style.

It was just a thought, You would know better as to what excite you and what you prefer.
Randeep, I am fully agree with you and have very true feeling for MM5x0. I am going to do the same what you have mentioned above for Desert Storm 2009. After returning back from the rally, I will see what to do.
Old 7th January 2009, 14:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Same lens for left and right sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
...While my Jeep was with electrician and my search was on for a set of headlamp which has parking light inside, I could only find the head lights of one side. I am talking about the lines/embosed design which are there on the glass of the head lamp and as per my common sence the lining patern has to be just opposite for the headlamp of the other side....
The lining pattern will be the same for left and right side.

What they say is true , DesertKing, the lens (glass cover of the standard headlight) is same for both the left and right sides.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 7th January 2009 at 14:28.
Old 10th January 2009, 09:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Hi DK,
1. what exactly you have done as the top cover on the front cabin? 2. I couldn't identify the material from the photos. 3. Also how much does the total soft top arrangement cost you?
-Best regards,
1. The front top hood has a straight wire in it, fixed by screw at the top of B Pillers front edge, than this hood is going down inside alongwith the B pillar. Finally ended at the end of the B pillar and has been fixed in the rubber got . This way there is no chace of water to enter into the cabin.

Also there is another layer of regzin (spelling ??!?!) inside the cabin and thermacole sheets inbetween (as I am going to fit A/C).
2. The local guy call is SRF.
3. Rs. 4500 only for hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post

Is it humm or a whine from your gearbox in 4th gear? If it is 'kuiiiiiiiiiii' kind of a noise which is whine then i must say this is present almost all old 4wd kia gearboxes either in low doses or in high doses across particular speed. I have had enough experience on this as i have lowered gearbox more than thrice to remove this problem. The problem has become less but not eliminated completely. I have seen such noise in vehicles as new as 2002 models. Mahindra Classics have been spared of such noise somehow!! If you are hell bent upon removing the noise then the only option is change to new transfercase which will cost you about 15-16K
Vinod, Thanks for sharing this info with me. Do you mean by upgarding the tranfercase to BA10 will fix the problem.
Quote:
Armada Grand had diff ratio of 4.88:1 on 15 inch tyres.
How can I correct the speedo error. I am using 4.27 diff ratio and 265 x 75 R 15 (infect 31x10.5 R 15).
Quote:
You will have to install free wheeling hubs before you fit LSD in front as axle wind up may break front axle.
My Jeep already have free wheeling hubs so I guess no problem for front LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
The lining pattern will be the same for left and right side.

What they say is true , DesertKing, the lens (glass cover of the standard headlight) is same for both the left and right sides.
Though a few shopkeeper also told me the same and tried to proove if ; but honestly, I was not expecting this here on Team-BHP too. Before posting your comments, at least you should have physically checked what I am saying.. Anyway, just check the below picture and you will perhaps understand what I said.

Any other Jeeper pls confirm this...
Attached Thumbnails
The Blue Machine- A 540 converted into my dream machine..-headlamp.jpg  

Old 19th January 2009, 10:09   #81
BHPian

Here is a video of my Jeep, hope you will enjoy it...

Old 19th January 2009, 10:56   #82
Senior - BHPian

hey good video, would have enjoyed if the descents video especially the last one was fully shown..bad editor: LOL
Old 19th January 2009, 11:23   #83
BHPian

Great Video DK!

Just take care of the duration of the clips that show a particular subject and you can do wonders.

Cheers!
Old 19th January 2009, 20:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

Great video Naren!!
Keep up the good work
Old 19th January 2009, 21:12   #85
BHPian

Hi DK,

Interesting Video! Need to do some re-editing since there are some interesting shots ends from the middle.

sadiq
Old 20th January 2009, 00:01   #86
BHPian

@ Desert King - In the video you seem to be doing some good speed on broken off road track. I can never do that kind of speed on dirt track. Always scared of breaking something or other.
I mean breaking something from my body not jeep's The dam thing has such harsh ride. I'll soon be upgrading to tempo traveler shockers, read arka and few other say they are much better. Will update once done.

cheers
vishwas
Old 20th January 2009, 09:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
....I'll soon be upgrading to tempo traveler shockers, read arka and few other say they are much better.
I remember the same shockers have been installed in the jeep belonging to Vaspro. Why don't you give some details of the installation.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:33   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
....well I suggest you keep the Jeep as it is a true offroader not that the Gypsy is not. ....

Wow. Now that's quite a statement -- couldn't understand it completely. 'Jeep is a true off-roader' and at same time saying that 'not that the Gypsy is not'..

Randeep, what in your opinion are some of the qualities in a 'true' off-roader?

Now, let's discuss this till the cows come home.

PS: Randeep, just some humor sir. nothing else.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th January 2009 at 13:42.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
@ Desert King - In the video you seem to be doing some good speed on broken off road track. I can never do that kind of speed on dirt track. Always scared of breaking something or other.
I mean breaking something from my body not jeep's The dam thing has such harsh ride. I'll soon be upgrading to tempo traveler shockers, read arka and few other say they are much better. Will update once done.
Thanks Vishvas, I would like to know what difference Tempo Traveller shocker is going to make and how. If I am not wrong, more stiff shoker means more harsh ride comfort. Is Traveller shocker is softer than MM540.
Old 20th January 2009, 17:55   #90
BHPian

Khan Bhai,

As I had also mentioned "..well I suggest you keep theJeep as it is a true offroader not that the Gypsy is not. ...."

This was said in context to "Rallying", no pun intended. Its just that in Rally's one needs to get a good Gypsy and put a lot of money in it too.

I'm a firm believer in The Gypsy as I have had one in my college days and it was with me for 6-7 years. I had some amazing fun with it.

Cheers !!!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks