Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 22:11   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Wow I thought the Dabwali guys made some rubbish but that is getting close to what they offer in Dabwali.

What purpose does that dodgy net at the rear serve ? Can you use the back of the car as a goal for street soccer ?

If anyone sitting at the back falls off, then the net is there to catch them.

The spiderman trick!!
Old 25th February 2009, 23:07   #77
BHPian

The Net

IN the old days the net was used to bring back the shikar . When it was legal you could find that net on most of the jeeps more so on jeeps from MP . These nets are made by the fishermen there and are quite a work of art.

Regards
Salman
Old 25th February 2009, 23:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssarmast View Post
IN the old days the net was used to bring back the shikar . When it was legal you could find that net on most of the jeeps more so on jeeps from MP . These nets are made by the fishermen there and are quite a work of art.

Regards
Salman
On my last year's trip to Himachal, i had hired a M&M Commander 650 DI which also had this net. This was very useful to carry some of our luggage. Should say, they were very useful.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 16th March 2009, 16:19   #79
BHPian

Jeep Spotted In Mayapuri

Hi Everyone,

I saw this Jeep on my recent visit to Mayapuri. This had just come in from Dabwaali and was on sale in Mayapuri at a garage.

Nice tyres though, rest as you all can see it is one ugly looking Jeep.

Cheers !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mayapuri Jeeps-13032009332.jpg  

Mayapuri Jeeps-13032009333.jpg  

Mayapuri Jeeps-13032009334.jpg  

Mayapuri Jeeps-13032009335.jpg  

Mayapuri Jeeps-13032009336.jpg  

Mayapuri Jeeps-13032009337.jpg  

Old 16th March 2009, 18:24   #80
BHPian

Randeep,
This frankenstein thing can be seen roaming arond in the Vasant Kunj area these days.
A truly horrible sight, I must say

Cheers
Old 16th March 2009, 18:52   #81
BHPian

Dear randeep,

well some one has put inhis efforts to show case his idea's,

more than that there's this 3B with split windshield, is it possible for you to check if spare ones is available,

i have been looking for this from very long, also very desprately searching fuel can holders which is fitted at the drivers & co drivers foot rest.

till then keep sending mail,

regards
Vinay thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I saw this Jeep on my recent visit to Mayapuri. This had just come in from Dabwaali and was on sale in Mayapuri at a garage.

Nice tyres though, rest as you all can see it is one ugly looking Jeep.

Cheers !!!
Old 16th March 2009, 22:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

i think this red jeep belongs to the the weird & wacky thread,some people have guts to do something like this.
Old 16th March 2009, 23:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

well i think the jeep is made by "the" manufacturer in Dabwali as the demand is made by the clients and as the trend is in that part of punjab and haryana.

the clients go for a 4x2 version and never go off road for the "real" fun and usage of that kind of jeep.

in my opinion, the SWB body with the bling bling with those tyres is my choice of vehicle and not the colour red!
Old 16th March 2009, 23:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

Parm is right there is good demand for this type of rubbish in Haryana and Punjab. Offer someone a choice betwen one of these jugaads and say an MM550 and they will take the jugaad.

The bling will slowly wear away then the toyota engine will beginto play up (no chance of procuring parts) and the jeep once again enters the dabwali jugaad shops for a dodgy bling job and new engine.

Anyone else notice the BMX sign on the red jugaad ? When I was a child used to have a BMX bicycle.

Quote:
well some one has put inhis efforts to show case his idea's,
If that is his best effort I dread to think what he would do on an off day. The whole thing is downmarket, there are plenty of SWB jeeps done up with an ambiance of style without turning it into a lighting showroom.

Last edited by bigman : 16th March 2009 at 23:59.
Old 17th March 2009, 00:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

what tyres are those?
Old 17th March 2009, 00:57   #86
BHPian

I went to badwalli to find an original jeep body sans the chassis and everything. Man, its a virtual goldmine for ppl looking to original body parts since they have to make GPW/MB replicas for those who order. The rest of the low-hood jeeps they just cut the tub lower, cut the hood to half, and mod the grill.
When making the doby panels, they usually use a thinner sheet metal that they can beat'n'bend easier. The metal is usually provided from Daman where they cut it off 'kabard' ships. Or if its in short supply, they just use the cheapest sheet metal available. In any case the ship-metal is better than even the new metal the use as it does'nt rott fast, but they do double the body making charges(including metal-12-13,000bucks ordinary metal,25,000bucks ship metal). Even the welding rod used is the cheapest you can find. Next the jeep is sent to the denter, who has a lot of other jeeps to do, therefore he does the minimum denting needed and the rest is hidden under coats of masalla and putty and topped of with duco paint.( Rs1500 denter, 4000 painter).Then they put on army disposal air-flasks, water bottles, bag, ammo carriers, etc(provided from nearby Bathinda army cantt. auctions, and kept by 2 kabbardi wallas who also provide with A/C's, power steerings and engines taken off vehicles in Thialand amongst other places, and then shipped off to mayapuri). There are quite a few cottage industries set up in Delhi just too provide replica black-out lights, emblems and the sort(and the front fenders i heard are made by somebody in Gujrat).
I have even seen them using chassis having rust rotten holes an inch thick and about 3 inches long along its side rails and that too at several places, but they too are welded and repaired to make the so-called "made after '53, original low-bonnet jeeps". Then there a few ppl in Dabwalli that make the suspension leaf springs, the leaf hingers(with the chassis), the rear, bumperettes, the lamp holding, etc.
All'n'all, i really cannot believe that there are loads of buyers for these jeeps. i mean, you can always see these guys making jeeps, no matter what time of the year you go. They even have several "show-rooms" set up for selling these jeeps. I have never seen anybody here who could drive the 'just bought' jeep for more than a couple of weeks before experiencing any problems with it, and certainly not anyone who could drive without seeing the first spots of rust appearing( and thats the max, otherwise if are'nt that lucky, you could see that within a month).
Anways, just thought i should let you people know.
Bikram
Brutus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2009, 10:07   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
what tyres are those?
Alec, Those are Maxxis - Mudzilla's (MT's)
Very good tyres for mud and slush.

Cheers !!!!!!!
Old 17th March 2009, 11:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers !!!!!!!
But don't last very long. I've seen half the threads diaappear in just 8000kms in a 4x2 mm540 with a 3L-T toy engine, that was used mainly on the highway. Maybe the tires lived way to short in this jeep, but even the Dabwalli jeeps use a lot of these tires, but they too say it never lasts for long, and at 8000 bucks a tire, i would never want to try it.
I tried search for some info on these tire a couple of years back, and seems like the tires had been discontinued for some time and thrown in bulk into markets where the last remaining lots cans be sold , but i could be wrong.....
Old 17th March 2009, 12:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus View Post
But don't last very long. I've seen half the threads diaappear in just 8000kms in a 4x2 mm540 with a 3L-T toy engine, that was used mainly on the highway. Maybe the tires lived way to short in this jeep, but even the Dabwalli jeeps use a lot of these tires, but they too say it never lasts for long, and at 8000 bucks a tire, i would never want to try it.
I tried search for some info on these tire a couple of years back, and seems like the tires had been discontinued for some time and thrown in bulk into markets where the last remaining lots cans be sold , but i could be wrong.....
These Tyres are not at all ment for tarmac. As I said these are very good mud and slush tyres and one should only put them if the main use is for offroading. Maxxis Mudzilla's are very much in production and are being sold all over the would and is a reputed tyre among those who use these tyres in marsh lands, mud and slush.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 17th March 2009, 13:10   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Parm is right there is good demand for this type of rubbish in Haryana and Punjab. Offer someone a choice betwen one of these jugaads and say an MM550 and they will take the jugaad.
Good that they pick up the sloth in stallion's clothing and leave the mountain goat in pig's clothing for people who really deserve it.

Quote:

Cheers !!!!!!!
Sadly those tires are not going to see real slush the way its maker intended. Those Mudzillas have knobs on the side wall for that extra knee deep slush grip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks