Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 17:57   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hey DK
I am not debating that your OTR tougher than what I do or anyone else does.
Harjeep, Come on, I will be affraiden if you become so serious. Actually, I did not meant to offend anyone and never meant to be/make that serious .

I was no where chellenging your OTR group or army. Instead infect I am looking for to form or join a group for OTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Pls explain the KOYO working, cost, fitment and availability in India. Because I am also interested in putting PS in my 550.
Tarkesh, the whole unit + instalation should not cost you more than 5 - 7000. If you are geting it done through someone who is going to do it first time, than please do collect the photos of it's fitment, perhaps a sketch and only than go for it.

Last edited by DesertKing : 9th March 2009 at 18:07.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:10   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Harjeep, Come on, I will be affraiden if you become so serious. Actually, I never meant to to be that serious .

I was no where chellenging your OTR group or army. Instead infect I am looking for to form or join a group for OTR.
Naren!!! there is no need to be afraid of me... I also did not want to sound so serious.
If you are forming an OTR group please I would like to apply for priority life membership HAHAHA

Also if you remember I invited you the last time we had a talk on the phone to come and join us for an event. It would be fun and there is always some information that can be exchanged when like minded people meetup.

Infact we at NIOC, just returned from a trip to Chandigarh where 10 jeeps from NIOC joined 4x4Offroaders (name of the chandigarh OTR group) for an adventure OTR and it was simply outstanding.
I will be uploading some pics in the appropriate thread soon.

BTW wish me luck so that I can get my jeep tomorrow.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:36   #348
BHPian

Quote:
If you are forming an OTR group please I would like to apply for priority life membership HAHAHA
Harjeev, I have already formed a group called "DesertKingz" since past 6 months and even organize OTR frequently but I am the only active member .

I drive all alone on Off Road tarrains, very often stuckup and strugling with my friend to take the vehicle out. I sometimes feel lucky that at least I have a good co-drive for my OTRs. I am not lucky like you who has a complete group. One day I will surely join you guys.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:37   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
Harjeep, Come on, I will be affraiden if you become so serious. Actually, I did not meant to offend anyone and never meant to be/make that serious.
HarJEEP, Thats simply perfect to call for anyone who knows Harjeev even a little bit...

All the best for tomorrow, do post lots of pics...
Old 9th March 2009, 20:00   #350
BHPian

So All set for the big day tomorrow huh Harjeev?
I bet you wont even sleep tonight.
All the best for tomorrow.
Happy Homecoming to your jeep.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 9th March 2009, 21:01   #351
Senior - BHPian

Again a bummer as always

Just got a call and the jeep will not be delivered tomorrow.
I guess that it again the weekend for now.
Old 10th March 2009, 03:32   #352
Senior - BHPian

Usual Indian timing then. I guess a thread on getting something done as agreed would be a long thread in its own right

Besides dealer servicing in India (which is usually a 30minute job but they take all morning and then part of the afternoon to wash the car) I have never encountered work done on time when it comes to cars. I wonder if a magical workshop that works to agreed timescales exists somewhere.
Old 10th March 2009, 15:38   #353
BHPian

I Feel your Pain!

Quote:
Again a bummer as always

Just got a call and the jeep will not be delivered tomorrow.
I guess that it again the weekend for now.
Hi Harjeev, I am going to join you and vent my frustration here as well.

Man, I cannot believe how unreliable these mechanics/electricians/painters are. I am facing the same thing. Even though I pay a visit EVERY day, they never finish anything that is planned. It is quite astonishing that they get anything done at all . Every other day there is someone that does not show up to work, or the guy leaves for lunch and does'nt show up for a couple of days, or they go to the village and don't come back for a week!

Another thing is they cannot plan and work on anything in parallel. Every activity has to be done sequentially!

Hats of to those guys who have the patience to wait for months at end to restore vehicles .
Old 10th March 2009, 16:31   #354
Senior - BHPian

Gbanavar,

Can you imagine if they did one of those programs like pimp my ride, west coast autos etc on a jeep restoration in India. They would have to turn it into a 2 year serial.

My MM550 was meant to go for painting today, now they say tomorrow morning. I guess with it being Holi they will do very little work tomorrow so this will stagnate for a few days.

Even offers of financial incentives has failed to spur them into action. They are happy working on 6/7 cars at once and making the work last at least a month rather than having 2 cars and finishing them off in a week or so.
Old 10th March 2009, 16:44   #355
BHPian

Hi Harjeev/Bigman/Ganesh

with you guys. Here also it is same. Even the spare parts dealer does not keep his words. I had to wait for some time whenever I order for spares.

Tarkesh
Old 11th March 2009, 02:05   #356
Senior - BHPian

Good to see that I am not alone and there are others to share my misery. This is so frustrating that I can't even try to explain it in words.

The silver lining is that all this is giving me much experience and forethought on how and in what way to approach the restoration of my other two jeeps and I will certainly loose my mind if I have to get them restored on this pace.
Old 11th March 2009, 02:11   #357
Senior - BHPian

How would you adapt your approach in order to get things done quicker ? I think whichever workshop you end up using they will work to their own slow pace.

Even if you offer them a few extra days labour $$$ they do not take the bait.

Last edited by bigman : 11th March 2009 at 02:14.
Old 11th March 2009, 10:10   #358
BHPian

This has been my experience..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
How would you adapt your approach in order to get things done quicker ? I think whichever workshop you end up using they will work to their own slow pace.

Even if you offer them a few extra days labour $$$ they do not take the bait.
I think I have been able to compress the time significantly - even though I wanted to get it done earlier. My Jeep has been in the garage for 6 weeks and I have done major work on it. A full Engine rebuild and overhaul of all major components - Gearbox, Suspension, Springs, Steering, Brakes, Clutch, Radiator etc.. In addition, the Chassis has been painted, I got a bunch of stuff Chromed, replaced anything that required it etc.. etc..

How you ask? I have the luxury of a dependable driver who I am able to send "everyday" to the local flea market or automotive shops, lathe etc. to get all the parts. I have taken the responsibility of making a list of things needed and constantly get everthing the mechanic says he needs ready for assembly. Obviously, the other think is accessibility to Team-BHP blokes that are experienced and are ready with tips, pointers and recommendations.

The biggest hold up in my case is tinkering work since my garage has had bad luck with 3 tinkers. A guy who was with this mechanic for 10 years decided to quit all of a sudden, then there were 2 other crazy guys who cannot take direction and live in their own world.

Thinking back, I think I took on too much to do on the first go, because I had the engine down and thought that it is better to take care of everything at one go. Which was probably still OK, except that I would not have gotten into this repainting buisness until all the mechanicals were take care of and took it to a "more" tested/dependable place for tinkering work and painting.
Old 11th March 2009, 11:47   #359
BHPian

Harjeev,

As I told you in Chandigarh, I've given up following up on my Jeep. It went for restoration on the 13th of December. Its nearly 3 months now. But then I know that "when" its ready its going to be amazing. So just wishing its done soon.

Cheers !!!!!!!
Old 11th March 2009, 12:23   #360
Senior - BHPian

I remember Randeep. I also am trying to adopt a similar approach for my 4x4.
But yaar at the same time you see people who have bought their jeeps later that we guys and they either have it in their possession or are going to get it soon
Like on top of my mind are
  • Kabir Sharma (Mm550) he already has his for much over 6 weeks now
  • Prabh's and Sanjeevs CJ3B Prabh has got his home and Sanjeevs I am not sure but is nearing completion
  • Shashank Shekher Has got his in under 3 weeks
  • Satnams is nearing completion and its been around a month since he bought his
So I think that you should get the 1st prize for patience as yours engine was also not overhauled like mine. So then why is it taking so much time. Are you getting alot of body modification done???

@gbanavar
So you were luck on some fronts but your luck ran you out on the tinkering front. Its the same everywhere. Same old story

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks