Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 05:55   #466
BHPian

Congratulations!!

Hi Harjeev,
Happy jeeping to you! Congratulations for keeping your cool and pulling this off finally. Your jeep looks classic..

How do you plan to run-in your vehicle?
Old 12th May 2009, 07:20   #467
Senior - BHPian

Hey Harjeev,

Awesome job buddy. Must say, the JEEP looks like its just been driven off the showroom

What does the 'public' say when they see the JEEP. What about kids, old people and others opinion? Has the JEEP given you a different image in the eyes of society?
Old 12th May 2009, 09:38   #468
BHPian

hi harjeev your hard work has given a superb looking jeep. neat job. congrats.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:38   #469
BHPian

Congratulations Harjeev. It looks like it has been driven from the showroom. How are you planning the running in of the engine?
regards,
atul
Old 12th May 2009, 11:55   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
5 Months is a long long time to get a vehicle ready. I always wondered at the level of patience you ex-Army 550 rebuilders have. Looks like its paid of. Please do not even consider selling it off, esp after all your time, efforts and pisa gone in.

Final question, Would you really do this all over again?
Patience!!! This is a trait that I never had. Even my family was surprised with the level of patience I have shown on this rebuild. You see that it was my impatient attitude which prompted me to rebuild the 3B before the 550.
But now I can say that anyone who is impatient should go in for a rebuild of a 550, but the trick is should be the same way i have done it. HA HA HA!!!

Your final question was the primary reason for me deciding against selling the 550. I will never dream of doing this all over again. So I am now going to keep the 550 for good. Even if I stop driving the 550 for OTR or anything (which I can never dream of doing) it will still remain parked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hey Harjeev,

Great !!!! Congratulations for the jeep. Sorry for late response but the Jeep has rwally come out well.

Tarkesh
Thanks tarkesh. How long for your 550 for the completion???
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbanavar View Post
How do you plan to run-in your vehicle?
Thanks gbanavar
I am not sure about the run in. You see earlier I was planning to take the 550 for an outstation trip maybe to Ludhiana or Amritsar and do the 1000kms. But it has become quite hot here in north. So I will most probably run it in slowly and get it ready for the monsoons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Hey Harjeev,

Awesome job buddy. Must say, the JEEP looks like its just been driven off the showroom

What does the 'public' say when they see the JEEP. What about kids, old people and others opinion? Has the JEEP given you a different image in the eyes of society?
All in my family, my office and friends seem to like the 550 more than the 3B!!! Only my 3 year old son, Rajvansh, likes the 3B better than the 550. When I point towards the 550 and ask him whos jeep is that he says
papa's jeep and then on his own points towards the 3B and says Rajvansh's Jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbind85 View Post
hi harjeev your hard work has given a superb looking jeep. neat job. congrats.
Thanks arbind85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Congratulations Harjeev. It looks like it has been driven from the showroom.
Thanks Atul good to see you here. Where has your search for a SWB led you so far. Any Luck???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
How are you planning the running in of the engine?
I have answered this above
Old 12th May 2009, 16:06   #471
BHPian

Harjeev, mitra mubarkan mubarkan (Congratulations congratulations)

The jeep really has turned out very well. I think all the wait patiently or impatiently has paid off. The green looks awesome

I agree with others. A new set of shoes and the jeep will look like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Happy jeeping buddy! have fun
Old 12th May 2009, 22:51   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Pram, I have till now completely scrapped off the old paint and not after th mechnical work is over , will repaint the vehicle in Army Green.
Typical Army Green
Some what like this. And this vehicle is up for grabs if anyone is interested.
Dear Harjeev I read in the traffic voilation list in Mumbai Olice the Painting the private vehicle in army,military colour shade is an offence and your vehicle can be immpounded.Kindly check out this.
Old 13th May 2009, 12:31   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Dear Harjeev I read in the traffic voilation list in Mumbai Olice the Painting the private vehicle in army,military colour shade is an offence and your vehicle can be immpounded.Kindly check out this.
Hi Iqbal,

There is a violation of having the army green only if you are using army like markings and numberings. Plus the shade that army as is different from most of the private vehicles you see, including Harjeev's.

And I dont think Harjeev ever plans to take his Jeep to Mumbai.

Also, when we went for an OTR to Hissar Shashank's jeep too had an olive green army look-a-like colour and we were allowed into the Armoured Div main gate without any problems.

Cheers !!

Autocraze
Old 13th May 2009, 13:22   #474
BHPian

Army Green Colour and army shades are 2 different things, by Army shades it is meant the kind of camoflages & other markings & emblems including numbers.
Old 13th May 2009, 15:02   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Your final question was the primary reason for me deciding against selling the 550. I will never dream of doing this all over again. So I am now going to keep the 550 for good. Even if I stop driving the 550 for OTR or anything (which I can never dream of doing) it will still remain parked.

All in my family, my office and friends seem to like the 550 more than the 3B!!! Only my 3 year old son, Rajvansh, likes the 3B better than the 550. When I point towards the 550 and ask him whos jeep is that he says
papa's jeep and then on his own points towards the 3B and says Rajvansh's Jeep.
Great decision on keeping the 550. If you do think of selling it. PM me with a generous qoute.
Looks like a Team-Bhpian in the making. Dont sell off his 3B either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post

He aint going anywhere near the Mumbai Olice.
Old 13th May 2009, 22:37   #476
BHPian

@ Harjeev - Don't worry much about army shade. I have been running army colour as it is from auction and only time I was pulled over by our dear Delhi police is when when the thulla wanted to inquire about how to get auction jeeps.

The best part is he asked me "iska colour nahi change karana padta", I said no jusr erase the markings and you are good to go. He seemed pretty happy and waved me goodbye.

cheers
vishwas
Old 14th May 2009, 00:19   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
@ Harjeev - Don't worry much about army shade. I have been running army colour as it is from auction and only time I was pulled over by our dear Delhi police is when when the thulla wanted to inquire about how to get auction jeeps.
First off what a thulla? if hes a cop why does he need a jeep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
The best part is he asked me "iska colour nahi change karana padta", I said no jusr erase the markings and you are good to go. He seemed pretty happy and waved me goodbye.
Again if this is a cop who said this. - you got to be kidding me.
Old 14th May 2009, 00:57   #478
BHPian

Ironwolf,

thulla is a cop and why should he be deprived of owning a jeep. Maybe he wants to join us for OTRs.
Old 14th May 2009, 01:01   #479
Senior - BHPian

Autocraze,

Did you tell the cop he would have to register on the auction site and give him the URL ?
Old 14th May 2009, 10:24   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Autocraze,

Did you tell the cop he would have to register on the auction site and give him the URL ?
Hi Bigman,

That I believe Vishwas would have given as he was the one who was stopped and asked about the auction jeeps.

Cheers !!

Autocraze

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks