Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 13:26   #136
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

A small observation from one of the pics of the jeep, the tyre treads of front and rear tyres seem to be in the opposite direction. Is this by design?
Old 6th January 2009, 13:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Harjeev,

A small observation from one of the pics of the jeep, the tyre treads of front and rear tyres seem to be in the opposite direction. Is this by design?
Man you have an eye for detail. They are indeed opposite Actually these are directional tyres and were mounted on the jeep to checkout the looks and see whether the spacers were correctly built or not. The rear tyre has to go on the opposite side and will be corrected before delivery.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:34   #138
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Harjeet. I am educating myself through various threads on Jeeps as of now..before I take the plunge in!!
Thanks for your compliment-Sharp Eyes help.....always!!Right from my bachelorhood days!!
Old 6th January 2009, 18:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, lovely thread and passion in your posts. Good move to pick up the Army550 and then work on it to your likes, rather than a new 4x4.

Waiting for more pics and updates. like you said picture says more than a 1000 words. I am surprised you got the army spec wheels, usually these guys fit some lousy wheels from the 540. good for you.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:54   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Harjeet. I am educating myself through various threads on Jeeps as of now..before I take the plunge in!!
Thanks for your compliment-Sharp Eyes help.....always!!Right from my bachelorhood days!!
Anytime mate. Its always better it read first, but at the same time what Ive got to believe is that these is never a best time or a perfect time to buy an army disposal. You just have to go ahead and take the plunge. I think that all vehicles will have something or the other missing or wrong or taken out. You can never be too sure and there is no such thing as a perfect buy. At the end you have to prepare yourself for any and every eventuality.
In my opinion when you are building your 4x4 a 15-20k rupees difference should not have that much of an effect as even if you keep the vehicle for 15-20 years its just like 1k a year. So does it really matter???
Please do not take it personally I am just talking in general here and if I have hurt so feelings or anyone excuse me for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Harjeev, lovely thread and passion in your posts. Good move to pick up the Army550 and then work on it to your likes, rather than a new 4x4.

Waiting for more pics and updates. like you said picture says more than a 1000 words. I am surprised you got the army spec wheels, usually these guys fit some lousy wheels from the 540. good for you.
Thanks Ironwolf.
I will be posting more photographs and updates tonight.
The army spec rims are available here with all disposals. If you see my pics Army Disposals Photographs notice all disposals in Mayapuri are there with army rims. If you do not take these they generally reduce the prices by 1.5-2k a rim. Isnt it the same everywhere?
Old 7th January 2009, 08:56   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hey Harjeev, Thanks for the piece of advice. I was just waiting to talk to some hard core Jeepers(like Vinod whom I know) and then decide what is best for me!! That was the reason for waiting for the plunge. Also, blame it on Recession!!
Old 7th January 2009, 10:41   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Harjeev, Thanks for the piece of advice. I was just waiting to talk to some hard core Jeepers(like Vinod whom I know) and then decide what is best for me!! That was the reason for waiting for the plunge. Also, blame it on Recession!!
Hi getsurya,
Recession hitting you??? Take a plunge, you will love it, hyderabad is a good place to shop around for a good 4x4. Own a 4x4 you will really understand what cash crunch means !!!! Take your time, me & other jeepers always there for you !!!
Old 7th January 2009, 10:58   #143
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinod,

Cmon dude, i am also a salaried person like you. So recession has play!!
I shall call you over weekend for more information. This Jeep thing is getting into me NOW
Old 7th January 2009, 16:00   #144

Hey Harjeev congratulations on your buy, lovely jeep !!
Old 7th January 2009, 19:10   #145
Senior - BHPian

Update on my MM550 project
  • The engine block has been cleaned, re-sleeved/ re-bored and if all goes well we will be assembling the engine this coming Sunday.VERY VERY Excited
  • The FIP and the nozzles has been serviced and cleaned and will be picked up in a day or two
I have attached come pics of the engine block, These are before re-sleeving
This is pretty much what has happened so far and sunday is the big day.

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4083.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4087.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4091.jpg

Now for update on the 540- Rubicon Project
The springs for the front had been mounted on Sunday I was told that the entire suspension would be completed by Wednesday or Thursday. So I guess that it should have been done by now. I am attaching the pics for reference. I dont understand suspensions but my cousin told me that there are many connecting and stabilizing rods that have to be put in place for the springs to be held in their housing/ casing which were not done when I clicked these pics. Also gas shock were also on the list of items to be attached.
But Man the springs are amazing. I could push the jeep up and down with one finger. One finger and I mean it. Seeing this I am thinking of getting this done in my jeep, but its kind of expensive for me at this moment as I am working on a tight budget. But in future this is definitely on my wish list.
Here are the pics

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-back_34_lg.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-back_lg.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4064.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4066.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4069.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4081.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4082.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4101.jpg

Harjeev's RANGER - MM550 XD3P 4x4 (Latest Pics Updated Pg-41)-img_4102.jpg
There was demand for the cost estimate of the spring suspension and the Rubicon lookalike fenders.
The fenders cost about 20k and the entire suspension job is 30k approx.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:23   #146
Senior - BHPian

nice to see the rubi shaping up to a clone of the Big jeep from yankee land.

hope the support for the springs last long....really long!

cheers:
Old 7th January 2009, 20:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the rubicon replica is coming out very well. im glued to this thread now. cant wait for the sunday to come.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:51   #148
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

Your enigne looks pretty good after cleaning! So when did you get your jeep ready then?

Thanks for the ruby pics and update! I was really waiting for that snaps!!! getting superb day by day... can't wait a lot to c the final product..

Please don't forget to visit there on Sunday ok

Also thanks for the cost of Fenders... I will check here in the seconds market, for the same from an original Wranger

tks/sadiq.

Last edited by Salikt : 7th January 2009 at 20:54.
Old 7th January 2009, 21:30   #149
Senior - BHPian

Those wheels complete the Jeep effect! Good luck with the project,Harjeev.I hope everything works out just fine.
For the love of Jeeps! cheers:
Old 8th January 2009, 00:00   #150
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev the jeep is taking a real good shape. though i am a fan of the stock looks of 550 but to see a Rubi on the NCR roads would a great idea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks