Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 15:58   #286
Senior - BHPian

hi harjeev,
Nice progress man, i love the rubicon project too. What is the material that you are using for sound proofing? Which are the best materials avaiable?

I have seen a thick cloth type on bolero's and it makes a difference. Can any body tell me where do i find this?
Old 18th February 2009, 07:09   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Do the electricals after paint job, it will avoid you lot of pain and will give it a clean look.
Actually they have to be done side by side as I definitely need the jeep for a next weekend trip.
If I am not able to get it by next weekend, then I wlll keep your suggestion in mind. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
What LSD have you installed upfront, same unit as what is used in the rear of the MM550XD?

Any upgrades to the steering setup?

Regards,

Arka
Hi Arka
I dont have the exact specifications, but yes I think that it should be the same that come preinstalled in the rear diff.
The Free Wheeling Hubs were already there. Apart from that I will be adding power steering to the vehicle. Apart from this, no changes at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
hi harjeev,
Nice progress man, i love the rubicon project too. What is the material that you are using for sound proofing? Which are the best materials avaiable?

I have seen a thick cloth type on bolero's and it makes a difference. Can any body tell me where do i find this?
Thanks vinod.
I do not know the name of this material, but I am told that this combination of padding along with the metal foil very effectively reduces the heat as well as the sound of the engine to the cabin.
Regarding the bolero material I wouldn't know about that, but I think testdrive has put that in his 550. Try PMing him.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:04   #288
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

The Jeep Rubicon looks amazing.
Waiting to see your jeep all ready to hit the off roads.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Old 18th February 2009, 12:22   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Hi Harjeev,

The Jeep Rubicon looks amazing.
Waiting to see your jeep all ready to hit the off roads.

Cheers !!!!!!!!
Thanks Randeep. I should have my jeep by the end of next week.

Regarding the Rubicon, MAN MAN MAN!!!
I am not exaggerating when I say that you have to see the RUBICON in person to know how huge this thing actually is!!! The pics dont even depict half of what it actually is and dont do justice to the workmanship gone into it.

BTW are you coming to this weeks OTR's
Old 18th February 2009, 12:27   #290
BHPian

Yeah would love to see the Rubi in person ya.
Good to know that your Jeep will be ready soon. I was out to Jalandar, came back yesterday only. Dad went to Jaipur and checked on my Jeep. Lot of work was done but there's more to go. Would get the Jeep by mid march hopefully. Dad's expected anytime so shall update the thread asap.

I would surely come for this weeks OTR, where and when's it happening? Please do let me know ya.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
Old 18th February 2009, 12:33   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeep04 View Post
Yeah would love to see the Rubi in person ya.
Good to know that your Jeep will be ready soon. I was out to Jalandar, came back yesterday only. Dad went to Jaipur and checked on my Jeep. Lot of work was done but there's more to go. Would get the Jeep by mid march hopefully. Dad's expected anytime so shall update the thread asap.

I would surely come for this weeks OTR, where and when's it happening? Please do let me know ya.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!
Great eagerly waiting for your update

The OTR is at the same place. Check this out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ml#post1174164
Old 18th February 2009, 13:22   #292
BHPian

Hi Harjeev,

Nice progress Man!!!

Which Power steering you are going to install? How much would be the cost?

Tarkesh
Old 18th February 2009, 13:52   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Hi Harjeev,

Nice progress Man!!!

Which Power steering you are going to install? How much would be the cost?

Tarkesh
Read this post for the powersteering

Regarding the cost I am not sure as I dint buy it, but should not be very expensive. Maybe 5k +/- 1 or 2 k. I think
Old 18th February 2009, 15:41   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Read this post for the powersteering

Regarding the cost I am not sure as I dint buy it, but should not be very expensive. Maybe 5k +/- 1 or 2 k. I think

Hi Harjeev,

Thanks for the info. Pls see your inbox I have PMed you for this KOYO - PS

Desertking is also using this on his Jeep.
DK can you pls give some info like how it works, any alterations/mods required. and cost.

Tarkesh
Old 18th February 2009, 23:19   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vinod.
I do not know the name of this material, but I am told that this combination of padding along with the metal foil very effectively reduces the heat as well as the sound of the engine to the cabin.
Regarding the bolero material I wouldn't know about that, but I think testdrive has put that in his 550. Try PMing him.
This material will provide you with excellent heat insulation but will not be that effective for sound proofing. For sound proofing best thing is carpet.

cheers
vishwas
Old 20th February 2009, 00:10   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
This material will provide you with excellent heat insulation but will not be that effective for sound proofing. For sound proofing best thing is carpet.

cheers
vishwas
Please explain how does a bog standard piece of carpet provide better sound proofing than the honeycomb structured material that Harjeev plans to use ?

If it does then I am sure Harjeev can put a piece of carpet on top of the insulating material.

If you are using something to insulate against heat then it should be fire retardant. I doubt a piece of carpet would function well in this department.
Old 20th February 2009, 11:38   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Please explain how does a bog standard piece of carpet provide better sound proofing than the honeycomb structured material that Harjeev plans to use ?

If it does then I am sure Harjeev can put a piece of carpet on top of the insulating material.

If you are using something to insulate against heat then it should be fire retardant. I doubt a piece of carpet would function well in this department.
Can jeep experts here comment on this? As i have seen many MM540's cabin getting hot. tips on heat insulation and sound insulation will greatly help!!
Old 20th February 2009, 22:58   #298
BHPian

To cut down noise you have the option of either absorbing it or blocking it. While that sheet will block it to some extent the best bet is to absorb it. Carpets excel in this. If you look into bolero's hood it has carpet on all surfaces inside the engine compartment. The difference in noise level inside the cabin and outside next to engine is amazing. For vibrations and sound travelling through metal, neither will work. For that you need to cover the floor with thick resin kind of material which should stick with the metal, not letting it vibrate. You can find a similar thing on your car floor below the carpet.

Cheers
vishwas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post

Old 25th February 2009, 10:45   #299
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys
I was at the workshop at on Monday and looks likely that I will get the jeep by this weekend.
There was a bummer though, I had to let go the front LSD's for now as some modifications need to be done in the front axles. So its the old setup for now and will get the front LSD's some time later.
The engine, gearbox has been mounted on the chassis.
The under body has been coated with anti rust and then painted army green.

So I think that I should have get the possession of my jeep in a couple days.
The job remaining are the electrical (complete re-wiring), power steering & body paint.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:59   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys
I was at the workshop at on Monday and looks likely that I will get the jeep by this weekend.
There was a bummer though, I had to let go the front LSD's for now as some modifications need to be done in the front axles. So its the old setup for now and will get the front LSD's some time later.
The engine, gearbox has been mounted on the chassis.
The under body has been coated with anti rust and then painted army green.

So I think that I should have get the possession of my jeep in a couple days.
The job remaining are the electrical (complete re-wiring), power steering & body paint.
Hi Harjeev,

Thats some real good news ya. So what colour have you decided for the Jeep? The army green or some other shade?

Awaiting pics of your Jeep, did you not click any on monday?

Cheers!!!!!

som

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks