Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 00:03   #796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCaptain View Post
Friends,
Posting my buddy and fellow bhpian Robinson's tbhp handle robinson.s custom build Invader 4x4.Took him 4 months to get it customized.

Specs
Invader 4x4
Roll Cage
Rally seats
Fiber Glass Hardtop
Custom Front & Rear Bumpers
Maxxis Tyres
Snorkel
Bumper Mounted Fuel Can
Trail Flag
Offroading lights Front & Rear

Next upgrades
10500 lbs Winch
A/C
Lower differentials

These are the things which I could remember.

Attachment 348103

Attachment 348104

Attachment 348105

Attachment 348106

Enjoy
Now that's what I would like to have in my garage! robinson.s superb job on the customization.

@JeepCaptain can you more post more details on the specs.

Regards
Gautam
Old 15th May 2010, 00:25   #797
BHPian

Time for me to jump in

Months of waiting finally bore fruit. My 1984 Mahindra CJ3B SWB 4WD hurricane powered jeep outside the workshop at NOIDA.

atul
Attached Thumbnails
All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-p5120136.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-p5120137.jpg  

All Team-BHP 4x4 Jeep Pics!-p5120139.jpg  

Old 15th May 2010, 09:31   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
Posting my buddy and fellow bhpian Robinson's tbhp handle robinson.s custom build Invader 4x4.Took him 4 months to get it customized.....
An Invader in this form..awesome is the word..!! What is the tyre size by the way?
Old 15th May 2010, 12:12   #799
Senior - BHPian

Atul you Mahindra Cj looks cool and simple. I can understand how your feelings must have been. I am also in the early stages (body work) for my jeep. I have been given two months tentatively for my jeep to get completed because not major mods like engine to Toyota 1c or 2c its simple peugot engine with Willys 3speed gearbox along with 4x4 setup.

Can someone shed some light on how is 4x4 useful on normal road conditions, how does the vehicle behave when all wheel drive is engaged on a normal or good road. What is the best way or terrain to use 4x4 and few tips to maintain them as I have never driven a 4x4 vehicle and this is going to be my first time experience on my jeep.
Old 15th May 2010, 13:09   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Can someone shed some light on how is 4x4 useful on normal road conditions, how does the vehicle behave when all wheel drive is engaged on a normal or good road. What is the best way or terrain to use 4x4 and few tips to maintain them as I have never driven a 4x4 vehicle and this is going to be my first time experience on my jeep.
You should never engage 4x4 on tarmac (on road). This will cause a transmission wind up. The 4x4 of off roading vehicles are dif from the one on the CRV for example.

Go through the off road excursion section of this forum and you will see what kind of terrain is needed to engage 4x4.

I suggest you go with some off roading folks as a spectator first and see what it is like and learn and observe tricks of the trade.
Old 15th May 2010, 20:27   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BolBolero View Post
Now that's what I would like to have in my garage! robinson.s superb job on the customization.

@JeepCaptain can you more post more details on the specs.

Regards
Gautam
Hey Gautam, What specs you are looking for? I will ask Robinson to post more details. or you can pm him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
An Invader in this form..awesome is the word..!! What is the tyre size by the way?
Kandisa, Yes an Invader 4x4 can look like this also . I have seen it in blood and flesh last week.
I am not sure about the tyre size.. can you send a pm to robinson.s He will get back to you.
Old 16th May 2010, 04:15   #802
BHPian

JEEP CAPTAIN:
Was the Robinson's invader done up at Kottayam by Road & Track?
Old 16th May 2010, 10:33   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by conjon View Post
JEEP CAPTAIN:
Was the Robinson's invader done up at Kottayam by Road & Track?
conjon, Nope not in R&T. it was completely done in Bangalore in muliple garages under constant supervision of Robinson.
Old 16th May 2010, 15:33   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
Posting my buddy and fellow bhpian Robinson's tbhp handle robinson.s custom build Invader 4x4.Took him 4 months to get it customized.

Specs
Invader 4x4
Roll Cage
Rally seats
Fiber Glass Hardtop
Custom Front & Rear Bumpers
Maxxis Tyres
Snorkel
Bumper Mounted Fuel Can
Trail Flag
Offroading lights Front & Rear

Next upgrades
10500 lbs Winch
A/C
Lower differentials

These are the things which I could remember.

Attachment 348103

Attachment 348104

Attachment 348105

Attachment 348106

Enjoy

Kudos Robinson !!!!

It shows the dedication and the hard work , the beautiful beast.

The best equipped Invader which I have ever seen , wating to see the off roading pictures , specially from kuttikkanam.
Old 16th May 2010, 16:11   #805
Senior - BHPian

ATUL SINGH,
A very neat and clean job on the 3B. Just get the front tow shackles the same shape and you need not do anything alse.

Robinson,
Very tastefully done Invader. Nothing over nothing under.

Congratulations to both on a job extremely well done.

Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 16th May 2010 at 16:12.
Old 16th May 2010, 19:45   #806
BHPian

Tow shackles

Thanks Fazal for the words of appreciation. The credit does to a lot of people but the most important, choosing the colour and even before that allowing me to buy and take up the rebuild, goes to my wife. I hope our drives together in the near future will go a long way in toning down her anger for my obsession with my 3B.
I agree with the mismatch part regarding the front shackles. Just another detailing goof up by the company which at one point of time was the licensed user of the Jeep mark in India. I noticed it the moment i laid my eyes on them but since there was nothing else available at that point of time with the service workshop, in my hurry to get the vehicle away from them i accepted it. May be changing them would disturb the eccentricity of this 3B and i've also started looking at it as my good luck charm.
The inside of the jeep still requires a lot of finish and detailing, specially the floor, but i'll try to get those attended when i take it for repainting.

Robinson- your Invader looks tough no nonsense kind of vehicle. I'm sure it would give many other over jazzed and over loaded modern vehicles, including its own stable mate, a complex.

atul

Last edited by ATUL SINGH : 16th May 2010 at 19:51. Reason: spelling goof up
Old 16th May 2010, 21:21   #807
Senior - BHPian

hey atul
buddy you jeep has come out great. Looks really nice and good.
Its definitely been a long long journey for you, I still remember the first time you came to my office and we had a look at my white jeep (it was green then) which was parked at the back of my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Thanks Fazal for the words of appreciation. The credit does to a lot of people but the most important, choosing the colour and even before that allowing me to buy and take up the rebuild, goes to my wife. I hope our drives together in the near future will go a long way in toning down her anger for my obsession with my 3B.
I agree with the mismatch part regarding the front shackles. Just another detailing goof up by the company which at one point of time was the licensed user of the Jeep mark in India. I noticed it the moment i laid my eyes on them but since there was nothing else available at that point of time with the service workshop, in my hurry to get the vehicle away from them i accepted it. May be changing them would disturb the eccentricity of this 3B and i've also started looking at it as my good luck charm.
The shackles are available plenty in mayapuri and very cheap too. Dont worry about it. As far as good luck charm, try getting the same shackles from Mayapuri but pickup one which is badly rusted and get the other one painted.
The inside of the jeep still requires a lot of finish and detailing, specially the floor, but i'll try to get those attended when i take it for repainting.
Why do you want to get it repainted now. After all this. I know that the quality of paint at M&M Last Choice is nothing to boast about but no one will be any better, unless you are thinking of taking it to any experts like Pandit or Performance. I also earlier thought that I might get it repainted(after getting it back from M&M) but as an off-roader (which I primary use my vehicle as) I now think that the white paint was not required at all. I could have saved big money and gone for a something better like a winch or something.

atul
Somethings that you should consider when adding stuff
front grille footman loops
blackout lights (i believe that you 3B had these earlier) any reason for removing them???
Free Wheeling Hubs (cheaply and abundantly available in Mayapuri) This makes a phenomenal difference in the ride quality, especially petrol jeeps

Last edited by harjeev : 16th May 2010 at 21:25.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:04   #808
BHPian

Unshackle my 3B

Harjeev,
Thanks for the encouraging words and the info. But mayapuri is currently out of my itenary... at least for the next 6 years, or till the time the radiation hallah is contained. The shackles remain since i'm not going to use it for OTR's.

Want to get the jeep repainted since the paint on a large number of spots has started cracking up radially like a spider's web. First choice accepted their mistake and are willing to repaint it , hopefully a better job this time...

atul
Old 18th May 2010, 12:17   #809
BHPian

Thanks Shibu,

I Would like to add few other things done in my 4x4 Invader.
Procom off road dampers
ARC carbon leafs for rear wheels
Light force 170 series lamps with spot filters, range aprox 700 mts.

Regards
Robinson

Dear All,

Thank you so much for the compliment. I have tested my new machine last weekend, and I was really surprise to see the way it moved on such extreme tracks. It actually out preformed then my CJ3B.

Regards
Robinson

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th May 2010 at 12:30. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for moderator approval to edit the original post.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:26   #810
Senior - BHPian

I must say one thing, my friends from the south of the country have a thing or two for 4X4 vehicles. Wish I could buy such awesome machines in mumbai and use them as well.

Most Viewed